Jump to content

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I sincerely hope so, but looking at this from the perspective of a prospective GM, he sees the team has already chosen the head coach and he's looking at McKay as a potential competing layer of managerial authority.

Then throw in an abysmal salary cap situation on top of everything else he inherits, not a lot of meat left on the bone for the new GM. He'd have to be okay with Morris below and McKay above to consider this job seriously. I don't know what the probabilities are he'd be okay with both, but I doubt they're very high.

Yea, it was kind of strange to fire TD mid season for this reason, though who knows. Objectively the odds of us making a playoff run are honestly slim to none. We fans are in the euphoria phase after tasting a great performance after being served a poo poo platter for the better part of the last three seasons. But this is still the NFL and even if we play fantastic football the rest of the way it's unlikely we finish 8-3 or better. We gotta play KC, Tampa By twice, New Orleans twice. We could trot out the 2016 version of this team and still not go 8-3 over this upcoming stretch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well

3 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well on record with hoping that Morris get a real shot at the head coach gig...

If Rich McKay was truly the one who talked Blank out of firing Quinn last season, then he should have been the one to be shown the state line, not the guy who put the players on the field that we saw last Sunday

all I'm going to say its been one game. One loss and everyone will be back on the fire everybody and their parents bandwagon. This is the type of **** we can worry about at Christmas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Romfal said:

all I'm going to say its been one game. One loss and everyone will be back on the fire everybody and their parents bandwagon. This is the type of **** we can worry about at Christmas. 

Eh... don't mind the overreaction to be honest. What's even the point of following the team if we can't be happy for once?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yea, it was kind of strange to fire TD mid season for this reason, though who knows. Objectively the odds of us making a playoff run are honestly slim to none. We fans are in the euphoria phase after tasting a great performance after being served a poo poo platter for the better part of the last three seasons. But this is still the NFL and even if we play fantastic football the rest of the way it's unlikely we finish 8-3 or better. We gotta play KC, Tampa By twice, New Orleans twice. We could trot out the 2016 version of this team and still not go 8-3 over this upcoming stretch. 

No question they have a formidable row to hoe the rest of the way. All the more reason I believe if they go  8-3 Morris should get serious consideration to drop the interim label. The proof of his ability for good or bad will be the result of having faced about the toughest schedule in the league the rest of the way.

Anything less than 8-3, that's it. Thanks for your service, Raheem. Blank and his committee will have already narrowed their HC search down by the end of the season. Hopefully the right man gets hired, whether it's Morris or somebody else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not saying that Morris is comparable to Shanahan, LaFleur or McDaniel, but we had them in house and let them get away. They have gone on to succes with other teams. IF and only IF Morris really does a good job this year in the final 11 games, I would hate to see him leave here and go somewhere and be successful while we start over again with an entirely new regime. Listening to him he just seems like he gets it. He may end up sucking and making the choice obvious to get rid of him but I hope he does well and gets a fair shake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well on record with hoping that Morris get a real shot at the head coach gig...

If Rich McKay was truly the one who talked Blank out of firing Quinn last season, then he should have been the one to be shown the state line, not the guy who put the players on the field that we saw last Sunday

Y’all need to pump the brakes on Morris.  This was one game against a 1-4 Minnesota team that had just lost a heartbreaker to Seattle the week before. We have had interim coaches come in before and we get a couple of wins right after.  Let’s not forget this team beat the NFC champs at their house last year when everything was over.  It means NOTHING.  
 

Morris was on a this squad for 28-3 and was the only DC in NFL history to give up leads of 15 points or more In back to back weeks.

And for those who say 8-3 gets him the job...you know what 8-3 gets the Falcons???

 

8-8 and another ****ty draft pick.  Thanks but no thanks Morris.  New GM and new coach. Get rid of the stink this previous regime has left on this team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well on record with hoping that Morris get a real shot at the head coach gig...

If Rich McKay was truly the one who talked Blank out of firing Quinn last season, then he should have been the one to be shown the state line, not the guy who put the players on the field that we saw last Sunday

Agree with this.

If history is any predictor, Morris will do decent this season, we will get rid of him, and then he will find another head coach job where he produces a consistently solid team. 

Not sure why the TD firing happened really. We have had the roster to win 4 superbowls during his tenure we just didnt pull it off. Makes for an interesting off season I suppose

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Well let’s say Morris goes 7-4 ...he’d still have to be seriously considered especially if we play well in our losses.

I don't know. That would be a great record vs the schedule we have remaining, but he would probably have to sweep the rest of the division games for 7-4 to be enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Y’all need to pump the brakes on Morris.  This was one game against a 1-4 Minnesota team that had just lost a heartbreaker to Seattle the week before. We have had interim coaches come in before and we get a couple of wins right after.  Let’s not forget this team beat the NFC champs at their house last year when everything was over.  It means NOTHING.  
 

Morris was on a this squad for 28-3 and was the only DC in NFL history to give up leads of 15 points or more In back to back weeks.

And for those who say 8-3 gets him the job...you know what 8-3 gets the Falcons???

 

8-8 and another ****ty draft pick.  Thanks but no thanks Morris.  New GM and new coach. Get rid of the stink this previous regime has left on this team.

 

playoffs or bust. Period.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...