• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well on record with hoping that Morris get a real shot at the head coach gig...

If Rich McKay was truly the one who talked Blank out of firing Quinn last season, then he should have been the one to be shown the state line, not the guy who put the players on the field that we saw last Sunday

1 minute ago, Falconcheff said:

I fear firing TD may have been throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A new GM will almost certainly want to hire his new head coach, leaving Morris with very little possibility here. But I am well on record with hoping that Morris get a real shot at the head coach gig...

Go 8-3 and he has a good shot

28 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

If Rich McKay was truly the one who talked Blank out of firing Quinn last season, then he should have been the one to be shown the state line, not the guy who put the players on the field that we saw last Sunday

They said they are doing two separate search firms for each job.

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

It was probably TDs call as much as anyone elses. 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Go 8-3 and he has a good shot

I sincerely hope so, but looking at this from the perspective of a prospective GM, he sees the team has already chosen the head coach and he's looking at McKay as a potential competing layer of managerial authority.

Then throw in an abysmal salary cap situation on top of everything else he inherits, not a lot of meat left on the bone for the new GM. He'd have to be okay with Morris below and McKay above to consider this job seriously. I don't know what the probabilities are he'd be okay with both, but I doubt they'd be very high.

45 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It was probably TDs call as much as anyone elses. 

It blows my mind y’all wanna say probably after Blank has already said it was up to Quinn to keep TD and TD had no way in Quinn. Especially after McKay was the one who pushed to keep Quinn after last year.