How many games do you think Raheem Morris has to win to remain the Falcons head coach in 2021?

If the Falcons can finish around 8-3 under Raheem Morris and look much better and inspired on both sides of the ball the remainder of the season what do you think the chances are Arthur Blank keeps Raheem Morris rather than gamble with an unproven head coach?

I know that it was just one game but the Falcons went on a 6-2 run last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they did this year. There was a lot of positive changes that made me think Raheem Morris COULD be our guy such as Matt Ryan being allowed to take charge and the defense playing well considering they had 3 linemen out.

Do y'all want five more years of Dirk Koetter?  

Then just make Morris the permanent head coach. 

-

I like Morris as a man and respect how he got the team ready to go yesterday, but he's not going to take the Falcons to the Super Bowl, and that's the goal.  

All remnants of the Quinn failure should be exorcised from Flowery Branch.  

I believe if he keeps doing a good job like he did in this last game.. I think his chances are very high of staying as HC.. I mean , good night man... what can we except takeing over in the middle of the season.. He's already proven to me,, that he knows what he's doing.. give him a chance to get players he wants in the draft, and no telling how good he could be... WE have to give him at least a year from this day till next at this time . WE'll know ,, AB will KNow ,, The world will know by then if he's the right guy,,      But any less would not be fair to him.

8 minutes ago, octoslash said:

-

I like Morris as a man and respect how he got the team ready to go yesterday, but he's not going to take the Falcons to the Super Bowl, and that's the goal.  

8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I believe if he keeps doing a good job like he did in this last game.. I think his chances are very high of staying as HC.. I mean , good night man... what can we except takeing over in the middle of the season.. He's already proven to me,, that he knows what he's doing.. give him a chance to get players he wants in the draft, and no telling how good he could be... WE have to give him at least a year from this day till next at this time . WE'll know ,, AB will KNow ,, The world will know by then if he's the right guy,,      But any less would not be fair to him.

Exactly! It's not like Bill Bellicheck or Mike Tomlin is available. All these potential head coaching candidates are a hit or miss just like Raheem Morris. If Morris keeps the team playing well I say keep him.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

That would mean, including yesterday's game, the Falcons will have to go 13-2 including playoffs.  

I'd put odds on that at somewhere around 1-in-250,000.  

I don't expect that to happen. I personally am very luke warm about all of the potential head coaching candidates. That's why I hope Raheem Morris can show he's our guy. He will have a chance to do that against that Saints, Bucs, Chiefs and Raiders. 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If the Falcons can finish around 8-3 under Raheem Morris and look much better and inspired on both sides of the ball the remainder of the season what do you think the chances are Arthur Blank keeps Raheem Morris rather than gamble with an unproven head coach?

I know that it was just one game but the Falcons went on a 6-2 run last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they did this year. There was a lot of positive changes that made me think Raheem Morris COULD be our guy such as Matt Ryan being allowed to take charge and the defense playing well considering they had 3 linemen out.

I think "record" would be a weak overall criteria. He is clearly trying to build on another man's foundation at this point. I think the evaluation/search team should look more at process than results at this point.

I think he should be evaluated on things like: Does he elevate team play? Do the offensive and defensive game plans compliment each other? Do players and coaches respect him (not like...big difference). Is the team making opponent specific adjustments in game plan from week to week? Is the team making situationally required adjustments within each game? Are game management decisions enhancing the team's win chances (challenges, clock management, strategy calls, etc.).

I think that record would be an unfair criteria. The team should make sure this search is a level playing field. I say that as one who did not support keeping Morris. I just don't think he should be penalized for the fact that he is starting in a hole. Did he help create it? No one can know what pull he did or didn't have. I think the questions above will lead us to the right answers. 

7 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Why the nickname Radio? Who came up with that

Back in the heyday of Rival Central some disgruntled bucciesfans fan started calling him Radio (after the true story about a handicapped football assistant) character from the movie "Radio" because he and Raheem had a similar likeness and the buccies went south with Raheem at the helm. 

The article and the movie are based on the true story of T. L. Hanna High School football coach Harold Jones (Ed Harris) and a mentally handicapped young man, James Robert "Radio" Kennedy (Cuba Gooding Jr.). The film co-stars Debra Winger and Alfre Woodard.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Back in the heyday of Rival Central some disgruntled bucciesfans fan started calling him Radio (after the true story about a handicapped football assistant) character from the movie "Radio" because he and Raheem had a similar likeness and the buccies went south with Raheem at the helm. 

The article and the movie are based on the true story of T. L. Hanna High School football coach Harold Jones (Ed Harris) and a mentally handicapped young man, James Robert "Radio" Kennedy (Cuba Gooding Jr.). The film co-stars Debra Winger and Alfre Woodard.

That’s pretty awful imo. I bet I can guess and be right about the type of fan it is. We see through bs like that every day

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

-

Keeping Morris full time does not equal keeping Koetter. Right now in all honesty we have nobody better. I see people floating the idea of Knapp calling plays which I find hilarious.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought it came from the character Radio Raheem of the Spike Lee movie Do The Right Thing.

33 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Keeping Morris full time does not equal keeping Koetter. Right now in all honesty we have nobody better. I see people floating the idea of Knapp calling plays which I find hilarious.

Do some people not know or forget Knapp was the OC here with Jim Mora?

No thank you. No other team has come looking for him either.