What would it take for you to consider keeping Raheem/Jeff in place next year?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they are winning, they are leading, and the Falcons are following, then they have to be considered.  Remember, like Bill Belichick, Morris has been through failure and success.  After seeing the mi

No. No. and more No. Unless they go on some crazy run that not only includes making the playoffs but going deep into them theirs no way you bring any of these guys back.

Serious noise in the playoffs. I mean SERIOUS noise. AND assurance that Koetter is gone no matter what. 

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

9-7 likely makes it with the extra playoff spot but yeah no way in heck we are even winning 9 for that matter.

Saints x2
Bucs x2
Chiefs

Going 9-7 would mean we could only lose 2 of those 5 games not to mention winning every other game.

Yeah we really do not need to talk playoffs after winning a game because we handled a shell of the former Vikings team. 

I'll evaluate at the end of the season.  It isn't arbitrary.

Things I saw yesterday that I'd want to consider keeping Morris around if they continue:

1). Solid game management and situational play calling.

2). Team preparedness and understanding of assignments/communication.

3). Good fundamental tackling and emphasis on stopping the ball carrier instead of letting him get another 10 yards while you try to strip the ball out.

4). High energy -- the team came out wanting to play.

The thing is, we will have games where the team will play flat, make mistakes, whatever.  So the idea that we have to win X games isn't really a factor for me.  How we lose is important.  More to the point, losing because the kicker missed a FG or a player fumbles or whatever is fundamentally different from losing because a different player made a mistake on 3 plays in a row killing a drive, or because the coach didn't call a timeout (or burned up all our timeouts), or whatever.

I'm pleased with what I saw yesterday though.  If that's our team, I'm on board with Morris staying around for a while.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

9-7 likely makes it with the extra playoff spot but yeah no way in heck we are even winning 9 for that matter.

Saints x2
Bucs x2
Chiefs

Going 9-7 would mean we could only lose 2 of those 5 games not to mention winning every other game.

Saints aren’t some powerful team. Bucs aren’t either. Chiefs are one though

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Both are far better than us and that is really all that matters.

I think the bucs are for real... Saints are really hard to evaluate with Thomas out and Brees playing under his level.. but I think there defense is overated.. we can have them...

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So we are getting rid of Debo,Grady,AJ Terrell,Fowler,etc?

I'm talking about the staff.

Though I do have serious doubts about some of these dudes who were so willing to defend Quinn's honor that they would rather stand for him and lose than tell the truth and win.

But I was referring to the coaching staff.  I think it needs to be purged.  DK.  Morris.  Ulbrich.  Everyone.

3 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

I think the bucs are for real... Saints are really hard to evaluate with Thomas out and Brees playing under his level.. but I think there defense is overated.. we can have them...

Their secondary is overrated.  Their front 7 is the real deal.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Though I do have serious doubts about some of these dudes who were so willing to defend Quinn's honor that they would rather stand for him and lose than tell the truth and win.

But I was referring to the coaching staff.  I think it needs to be purged.  DK.  Morris.  Ulbrich.  Everyone.

Gotcha. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

You don't turn on your coaches. Unless they do something terrible directly to you, You support and stand with the coaches win/lose or draw. While I never played in the NFL, during college/high school and even pee-wee leagues you always fought for your coaches no matter if you agreed with everything they did or not.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You don't turn on your coaches. Unless they do something terrible directly to you, You support and stand with the coaches win/lose or draw. While I never played in the NFL, during college/high school and even pee-wee leagues you always fought for your coaches no matter if you agreed with everything they did or not.

You don't need to turn on them to be truthful.  Sometimes silence speaks louder than words...coaches aren't above criticism.  The fact that they couldn't separate their personal feelings from their overall on field goals is highly concerning to me.  Dan is a good guy.  We all know this.  Good guys don't equal wins.  

11 Wins in regular season (1-0 so far) plus a Playoff win.

Demonstrate good Clock Mngmnt. abilities; same for personnel packages and Game planning/schemes/In-game adjustments that work, situational awareness & preparedness (Coaches AND Players).

Players that have "bought in" fully.