What would it take for you to consider keeping Raheem/Jeff in place next year?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they are winning, they are leading, and the Falcons are following, then they have to be considered.  Remember, like Bill Belichick, Morris has been through failure and success.  After seeing the mi

No. No. and more No. Unless they go on some crazy run that not only includes making the playoffs but going deep into them theirs no way you bring any of these guys back.

Serious noise in the playoffs. I mean SERIOUS noise. AND assurance that Koetter is gone no matter what. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

No. No. and more No.

Unless they go on some crazy run that not only includes making the playoffs but going deep into them theirs no way you bring any of these guys back.

Yea, NO way we’re making the playoffs. We’d need to win 10 in a row!

Just now, XXVIII-III said:

Yea, NO way we’re making the playoffs. We’d need to win 10 in a row!

9-7 likely makes it with the extra playoff spot but yeah no way in heck we are even winning 9 for that matter.

Saints x2
Bucs x2
Chiefs

Going 9-7 would mean we could only lose 2 of those 5 games not to mention winning every other game.

Hard to say. The job is much more then just 'coaching' and Xs and Os. Can you be a leader? Do you run the team and practices in a manner that creates a winning record and attitude? Do the methods you use promote long term success and not just short term success. Can you interface with the non-coaching elements ( front office ) to breed success in the draft and player acquisition and development?

We don't see that as fans so it's hard to sit here and make those calls. Obviously the Ws have to be there first, but all of the above have to be there as well.

Edited by Geneaut
Just now, dodge_birds_fan said:

Serious noise in the playoffs. I mean SERIOUS noise. AND assurance that Koetter is gone no matter what. 

I agree. Although if they made serious playoff noise, I'd imagine the offense is heavily a part of that... Which would be a gold star for DK

If they are winning, they are leading, and the Falcons are following, then they have to be considered.  Remember, like Bill Belichick, Morris has been through failure and success.  After seeing the mistakes Quinn made with this team, he may know how to get it done.  As a reminder, Belichick did not appear to be a safe hire when the Patriots got him.  He has the distinction of being fired by the Browns.  How many of you want a HC fired by the Browns in 2000?  So, forget that Morris was fired by the Bucs. 

Now, before any of you with lazy reading habits state that I am anointing Morris as Falcons HC after a single win against a 1-4 team, let me emphatically state that I did not say this, imply this, or think this.  If the Falcons are winning, Morris is leading, and the team including the coaching staff are following Morris, I think he should be considered.

1 minute ago, 408Falcon said:

I agree. Although if they made serious playoff noise, I'd imagine the offense is heavily a part of that... Which would be a gold star for DK

This is true, UNLESS lol, the defense really turns it around and we win games in spite of the offense instead of because of the offense. Highly unlikely scenario, I know. I just have major trust issues on Koetter.  Chances are if we go 9-7 and win a playoff game and barely lose the next one everyone is safe. Unless Morris just really doesn't like Koetter and sees it as an offense too talented not to succeed. 

Whatever it is, there's a bunch of moving parts involved. 

5 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

I believe if we can make the playoffs, they deserve to stay. Anything less it should be on the new GM.

Absolutely accurate. A lot will depend on GM choice. I think if TD were here and they pulled out another 7-9 season they would be a sure fire thing. But that's another moving part in all of this.

5 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

This is true, UNLESS lol, the defense really turns it around and we win games in spite of the offense instead of because of the offense. Highly unlikely scenario, I know. I just have major trust issues on Koetter.  Chances are if we go 9-7 and win a playoff game and barely lose the next one everyone is safe. Unless Morris just really doesn't like Koetter and sees it as an offense too talented not to succeed. 

Whatever it is, there's a bunch of moving parts involved. 

I feel like if Morris didn't like Koetter he would have cut ties like he did with our ST coach. However, we might not have had a true OC on the team if we did get rid of DK. So yeah it's an interesting thing...

I do have to admit, I don't see us going 9-7 and this scenario being an issue or thought anyways. But BOY WOULD I LOVE TO BE WRONG lol

Honestly I’m truly blown away by this coaching staff. I had really high hopes for this team this year. The issues I saw with this team Raheem has addressed. 

He put the players in the best position to be successful. He was a little less focused on scheme and more focused on what players do the best. 

I didn’t see much of Hennessey. Right now Carpenter is playing better. Not great but better. Glad to see them not switching every series. Someone needed to make a decision and Raheem made it!

Moving Oliver to the slot was genius. He was consistently getting beat on the outside. 

Also holding players accountable!!!! Love it! If you are not playing well watch from the sidelines!

3 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

Honestly I’m truly blown away by this coaching staff. I had really high hopes for this team this year. The issues I saw with this team Raheem has addressed. 

He put the players in the best position to be successful. He was a little less focused on scheme and more focused on what players do the best. 

I didn’t see much of Hennessey. Right now Carpenter is playing better. Not great but better. Glad to see them not switching every series. Someone needed to make a decision and Raheem made it!

Moving Oliver to the slot was genius. He was consistently getting beat on the outside. 

Also holding players accountable!!!! Love it! If you are not playing well watch from the sidelines!

I agree. But also, one game.... We play the Lions next week as well, so if we have another strong showing, I'll still be skeptical until we play Carolina

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think if we keep playing good ball on both sides of the ball we should keep him rather than risk a new unproven head coach. I say at least 7 or 8 wins he should stay.

I’m not opposed to that but do you think that will limit us when it comes to choosing a GM?