Hayden Hurst vs Austin Hooper

So far the stat lines are eerily similar

Hayden hurst- 19 catches for 227 yds and 3 tds

Austin hooper- 22 catches for 205 yds and just 1 td

Going forward I do hope hayden gets used more, bc that is when dirk's offense is at its best, when the TE is heavily involved. Hayden def seems to have better straight line speed than hoop and has pretty nice hands. He had a great catch against the vikings, where he had to majorly reach back across his body to catch it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurst stats are better and we didn't put a boat load of money towards an average TE. 

Waste of money. He will be a 500 yard TE every year with them but that is not worth 10m/year. Kelce, Kittle and Waller are the only 3 TEs worth paying that much for in the NFL.

Matt got Hoop his big contract. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

So far the stat lines are eerily similar

Hayden hurst- 19 catches for 227 yds and 3 tds

Austin hooper- 22 catches for 205 yds and just 1 td

Going forward I do hope hayden gets used more, bc that is when dirk's offense is at its best, when the TE is heavily involved. Hayden def seems to have better straight line speed than hoop and has pretty nice hands. He had a great catch against the vikings, where he had to majorly reach back across his body to catch it.

Matt got Hoop his big contract. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

3:1 TD ratio and not a lot of money for Hurst. It's not a debate for me.

it is to me, I think hoop would have that many here. I think hoop is probably a little better but not enough to cover that over the top contract he got by a long shot

29 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Hurst stats are better and we didn't put a boat load of money towards an average TE. 

Cleveland averages like 180 passing yards a game. Hooper is their #3 option behind Landry and Beckham and accounts for 17% of their passing offense (OBJ and Landry are at 27%), also he has been a fantastic run blocker for them. Hurst has accounted for 10% of our offense and is a net negative pass and run blocker. No, we couldn't afford to keep Hooper, but the idea he's average is incorrect. He has been playing at a pro bowl level the last three seasons including this one. Hurst on the other hand is probably below average at the position. PFF has hopper at 75 and Hurst at 55 for the year. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Cleveland averages like 180 passing yards a game. Hooper is their #3 option behind Landry and Beckham and accounts for 17% of their passing offense (OBJ and Landry are at 27%), also he has been a fantastic run blocker for them. Hurst has accounted for 10% of our offense and is a net negative pass and run blocker. No, we couldn't afford to keep Hooper, but the idea he's average is incorrect. He has been playing at a pro bowl level the last three seasons including this one. Hurst on the other hand is probably below average at the position. PFF has hopper at 75 and Hurst at 55 for the year. 

Honestly. I don't see much difference in them other than Ice can make an average player that much better. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

You could say the same here though honestly, it  is obvious he's behind Ridley and Julio and at this point even Gage which I think is a mistake

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Honestly. I don't see much difference in them other than Ice can make an average player that much better. 

Hooper is better at absolutely everything, runs better routes can make catches in traffic better blocker. We've missed Hooper especially in third down. Virtually every play Hurst has made outside of one awesome catch in week 1 was him being completely wide open off of mis direction. 

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

You could say the same here though honestly, it  is obvious he's behind Ridley and Julio and at this point even Gage which I think is a mistake

Gage is a much better receiver than Hurst so don't understand why that is a mistake. 

The actual point is you can't compare Hurst to Hooper because Hurst plays in one of the most pass happy offenses while Hooper is playing in the second least pass happy offense in the NFL. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Gage is a much better receiver than Hurst so don't understand why that is a mistake. 

Uh not really gauge drops a lot of easy balls and stays hurt a lot and in dirk soffense the Te is way more important than a third wr.

As Ryan gets comfortable with him I expect to see his numbers go up

Yeah I think Hurst will develop. Hooper was not anything special in his first year here. I liked Hooper, he is not worth what the Falcons would have had to pay to keep him. 

I would like to see the TE more involved in the future. Hurst looks good from what I have seen. 

Edited by high impact
1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

I miss Hooper but he got what he wanted. He wanted the big money and he got it with Cleveland. 

Hooper is a very good borderline great TE. Isn't worth 10 million, probably more around 6-7 would have been fair though who knows if even at that price we could have kept him considering our upcoming cap woes. Hayden Hurst is just... a dude. Could basically plug in Graham and be getting the exact same production. Hopefully he can get better. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Hooper is better at absolutely everything, runs better routes can make catches in traffic better blocker. We've missed Hooper especially in third down. Virtually every play Hurst has made outside of one awesome catch in week 1 was him being completely wide open off of mis direction. 

Thats not true they are used differently. Not to mention this is the 1st year with matt. Id take hurst all day price and potential alone. How long has julio been out? Hopper benefited from that. Gage has also more of an impact recieving sanu did. Hooper didnt battle that either.

14 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The actual point is you can't compare Hurst to Hooper because Hurst plays in one of the most pass happy offenses while Hooper is playing in the second least pass happy offense in the NFL. 

We so pass-happy bc we get behind a lot but yesterday we still passed lot but we also ran the ball what 37 times and that's really just because of time of possession. We had the ball 40 mins, there's so many factors to contribute. the truth is Hooper is really not doing that much yet for the browns. That has a lot to do with the amount of offseason both teams had. both on brand new teams with an offseason that had covid-19, neither one really got the Reps they should have had. that's one reason why the stat looks so similar. I really like Hooper but I agree with the others he's not worth 10 million a year

Just now, red falcon said:

Thats not true they are used differently. Not to mention this is the 1st year with matt. Id take hurst all day price and potential alone. How long has julio been out? Hopper benefited from that. Gage has also more of an impact recieving sanu did. Hooper didnt battle that either.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but bringing up the fact our receivers have been banged up all year and Hurst hasn't seen any uptick in production despite that is not an endorsement. 

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

We so pass-happy guess we get behind a lot but yesterday we still passed lot but we also ran the ball what 37 times and that's really just because of time of possession. We had the ball 40 mins, there's so many factors to contribute. the truth is Hooper is really not doing that much yet for the browns. That has a lot to do with the amount of offseason both teams had. both on brand new teams with an offseason that had covid-19, neither one really got the Reps they should have had. that's one reason why the stat looks so similar. I really like Hooper but I agree with the others he's not worth killing 10 million a year

Hooper is one of their best run blockers, ranks third on the team in every receiving category. 

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Hooper is one of their best run blockers, ranks third on the team in every receiving category. 

I'll be honest I have not watched many Browns games this year at all so I can't judge if he's better or not I know here he was not a good run-blocker at all and I don't trust PFF so that don't mean Jack crap to me. 

Also as you pointed out the only avg 180 yards a game in the air so being the third in that category is not impressive

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

I'll be honest I have not watched many Browns games this year at all so I can't judge if he's better or not I know here he was not a good run-blocker at all and I don't trust PFF so that don't mean Jack crap to me. 

Also as you pointed out the only avg 180 yards a game in the air so being the third in that category is not impressive

Hoop was fine run blocking for us and was a good pass blocker. Hurst has been terrible at both.