2020-21 Braves Offseason Thread

Unknøwn

I honestly don't understand the concern about the bullpen. Look at some of the arms down there and as Joe Simpson would say "look at the back of their bubblegum cards." Will Smith, Chris Martin, Nate Jones are all veterans with several years of individual success under their belts pitching in high leverage spots. Tyler Matzek was a tremendous revelation last year and there's no reason to think he won't be good this year. A.J. Minter was absolutely dominant last year and was really good in 2018. He just had a bad year in 2019. That happens sometimes. That's 5 high end quality relievers right there for 8 spots.

I as much as the next guy don't understand why Luke Jackson and Grant Dayton are still around but I would bet they're the first ones DFA'd once the roster is adjusted and we get back to a normal 8 man bullpen. Also if one or both of them blow chunks Jacob Webb is just a phone call away and Webb has done nothing but impress in the majors. Kid just has to stay on the field but when he has been on the field he's got a career ERA of 1.06 in over 40 innings of work.

The bullpen doesn't have all the big names we had in it last year but I feel just as good about it this year.

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

U ever win anything.  I was curious about that

I usually make about what I put in.  I play the small games and stretch my money out.  This was the first time I've reloaded and I've played four about 3 years on an initial $100 deposit.  I won $25 one night thanks to Donaldson going off. 

I play baseball,  football,  nascar,  and very little basketball. 

54 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I usually make about what I put in.  I play the small games and stretch my money out.  This was the first time I've reloaded and I've played four about 3 years on an initial $100 deposit.  I won $25 one night thanks to Donaldson going off. 

I play baseball,  football,  nascar,  and very little basketball. 

Thanks....might look into it

4 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Anybody got any personal assessment on Soroka

Fastball had good velo and movement but lacked his usual command, especially gloveside. Slider had plus vertical movement and he was able to command it. Didn't see any change-ups. Moved around the mound well, covered first without issue. Just looks like he needs to reps to build stamina and lock down the fastball. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Numbers are in and the Braves TV ratings were down this year. They jumped up once the Braves hit that 16-2 run but still were overall down. It was the lowest rated season of viewership in the 4 year run of East titles. The Phillies series in late September was by far the most watched series of the year, ratings doubled for it. Part of it is being blamed on Bally Sports inability to agree with streaming. The regional sports networks are not carried on any streaming platforms 

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Numbers are in and the Braves TV ratings were down this year. They jumped up once the Braves hit that 16-2 run but still were overall down. It was the lowest rated season of viewership in the 4 year run of East titles. The Phillies series in late September was by far the most watched series of the year, ratings doubled for it. Part of it is being blamed on Bally Sports inability to agree with streaming. The regional sports networks are not carried on any streaming platforms 

Yep, I blame in order:

1. Sinclair's decision not to renew any of the streaming options
2. Atlanta's lackluster play for the first half of the season
3. Chip Carey

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

As a fan, I subscribed to:

YouTube TV

ESPN+

MLB.tv

I still couldn't watch 140+ games live.

Baseball's broadcasting rules are maddening.

I don’t get the MLB.TV rules. You pay $100 + and should be able to watch any game anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

I don’t get the MLB.TV rules. You pay $100 + and should be able to watch any game anywhere. 

Bud Selig screwed up baseball so much with its contracts. Stuff like this is laughable, but here we are.

I can watch the games on MLB.tv 90 minutes after the last out. It's useless.