2020-21 Braves Offseason Thread

9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Every year it’s something..

bullpen sucks, he fixed

starting pitching sucks, no longer

need to bring in more help for Freddie, hello Ozuna

now the bench sucks.. I highly doubt he’s sitting on his thumb..

just going off history..

Have we won a World Series yet? Then the job's not done. Criticism comes with the job.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Thanksgiving gentlemen. 2020 didn't end the way we wanted but I was thankful we had baseball at all and it was a **** of a run. Enjoy coming here and talking with you guys.

DOB had an interesting note on Tyler Matzek. He said Anthopolous did not include Matzek in the original pool for Summer Camp. Snitker looked it over and called AA saying Matzek looked good in Spring a

Posted Images

Per Brian Snitker, right-hander Mike Soroka will pitch "an inning or two" in tomorrow's Grapefruit League finale against the Red Sox.

This will be Soroka's first outing outside of live batting practice and sim games since rupturing his Achilles tendon against the Mets in his third start last season.

17 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Per Brian Snitker, right-hander Mike Soroka will pitch "an inning or two" in tomorrow's Grapefruit League finale against the Red Sox.

This will be Soroka's first outing outside of live batting practice and sim games since rupturing his Achilles tendon against the Mets in his third start last season.

So late next month is a very real possibility. That is awesome, assuming no set backs.

57 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Very good news.

59 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

The Braves haven't been to the World Series since 1999 and haven't won one since 1995. We've won a few division titles and not much else. That's "moderately successful" no?

Definition of mediocre

: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

12 minutes ago, Ransack said:

The Braves haven't been to the World Series since 1999 and haven't won one since 1995. We've won a few division titles and not much else. That's "moderately successful" no?

Definition of mediocre

: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

The last 3 years, the only years AA has been in charge of the Braves, the Braves have 3 division titles and were 1 win away from the World Series last year. The Braves under AA's watch have not been mediocre.

Yea.. I think you’re misinterpreting the definition you provided 

“moderately successful” does not equal “of moderate or low quality, value, ability or performance”

As you’ve stated though, you don’t know my athletic history, just that I don’t see the correlation of that and this particular misrepresentation of the quality of ball club we have as being “mediocre”. Which somehow told you everything you needed to know. So, I’d say your perception is a little off anyways. 

On 3/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, Ransack said:

There's some tongue in cheek there but it's still concerning that we couldn't obtain some better options for the pen and that our bench is a complete joke.

I'm totally with you on this part, but we should be real. There was the kind of black swan event that we (thankfully) hadn't experienced in the US in more than a century. We're suffering fallout from that.

I hate our bench and don't like our bullpen, which was the key to our playing so well last year. But it's a drop in the bucket compared to the losses of Niekro, Aaron, and Sutton.