Jump to content

2020-21 Braves Offseason Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Thanksgiving gentlemen. 2020 didn't end the way we wanted but I was thankful we had baseball at all and it was a **** of a run. Enjoy coming here and talking with you guys.

DOB had an interesting note on Tyler Matzek. He said Anthopolous did not include Matzek in the original pool for Summer Camp. Snitker looked it over and called AA saying Matzek looked good in Spring a

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Malachore said:

idk why y'all want Wainwright, the guy has been pretty meh the past 4 years (before this) and throws like 75 mph.

 

34 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah I dont really want the guy. There are alot better options out there 

We just need a #4/5. Nothing crazy and with the money crunch we're probably looking at, Wainwright looks good for 1 year. I still prefer Morton but hes set on playing for Tampa right now. Stroman was another guy I wanted but not with the QO attached to him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

 

We just need a #4/5. Nothing crazy and with the money crunch we're probably looking at, Wainwright looks good for 1 year. I still prefer Morton but hes set on playing for Tampa right now. Stroman was another guy I wanted but not with the QO attached to him. 

If Wainwright is the only guy available then fine. But I'd be willing to bet there will be a lot of pitchers available that could be had for similar money and be more effective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If Wainwright is the only guy available then fine. But I'd be willing to bet there will be a lot of pitchers available that could be had for similar money and be more effective. 

I'm not sure. Kevin Gausman is getting $18M for 1 year and everything we've heard said SP's will be able to command very expensive salaries for 2021. Mainly because the season will be significantly longer and rosters will go back to 26 and covid will still potentially be a thing. Teams want to be sure they have the arms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

 

We just need a #4/5. Nothing crazy and with the money crunch we're probably looking at, Wainwright looks good for 1 year. I still prefer Morton but hes set on playing for Tampa right now. Stroman was another guy I wanted but not with the QO attached to him. 

 But is he any better than what we already could put out there? I guess he could be worth it for the experience to teach these young guys like sanchez did but I just don't see that guy having anything left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

 But is he any better than what we already could put out there? I guess he could be worth it for the experience to teach these young guys like sanchez did but I just don't see that guy having anything left.

He was actually pretty good in 2020. 3.15 in 10 starts with a whip right at 1. He even threw 2 CG's. His first since 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

How did Dansby not win GG?

Fangraphs had them at 2.8 and 2.7. So, it's a reasonable vote either way. Trevor Story is actually the one who got jobbed big-time. Fangraphs has him at 6.5, which was second in the majors behind Lindor. Out of the three nominated, Rojas was the best at 5.6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Per Liberty Media public disclosure filing, the Braves lost $15M in 3Q20. That's... not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 

I wonder how much of that is them writing down depreciation vs. actual losses. Liberty has always been good at shuffling numbers to make themselves look like they are losing money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K26dp said:

Per Liberty Media public disclosure filing, the Braves lost $15M in 3Q20. That's... not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 

"The franchise’s push deep into the playoffs won’t produce any revenue, “given the structure of the MLB playoffs to accommodate COVID-19 safety protocols, but the Braves will incur modest expense due to travel and other associated costs,”"

 

MLB still trying to sell that bridge...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much the kind of players I'd expect to go in that deal, but it still hurts given Milone's utter failure with the Braves.

Graffanino is a potential plus glove at short, solid bat-to-ball skills, but missed the 2019 season with injuries and illness. Son of former Braves Tony Graffanino.

Cullen is a fireplug-bodied second baseman with potential plus hit tool and potential average power. 

Both sat just outside of my top 30 list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...