• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember all the talk about how we should've taken Gladney instead, but Gladney looked awful out there

Terrell looked great today.

oh come on now, is this the first game you've ever watched the Falcons play?  opposing a 'garbage' QB never matters to this team, they tend to look like pro bowlers against us for the most part.

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Obviously you have no idea what scheme means please stop. @Knight of God @Vandy please set this dude straight

To be fair most people here do not understand what "scheme " means.

As  matter of fact...that is the most over used misunderstood wood used here but I digress.

But from appearance we seemed to run more Tampa 2 style coverage rather than the single high look that we have been trotting out most of this year.

We went to a more base 4-3 rather than a 4-2-5 look in base 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

As  matter of fact...that is the most over used misunderstood wood used here but I digress.

But from appearance we seemed to run more Tampa 2 style coverage rather than the single high look that we have been trotting out most of this year.

Walker has played a lot in the previous 4 games, they just played better. Plus we played more 4-3 today bc vikings want to run and kirk was struggling

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

all of which were already apart of the defensive scheme that we’ve been running for years. Those looks were just called more today than in any game this year. 

2 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

all of which were already apart of the defensive scheme that we’ve been running for years. Those looks were just called more today than in any game this year. 

Correct, we reversed the amount we played of 4-2-5 and 4-3-4, bc the vikings want to run the ball, thats how they killed us every yr.

37 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Maybe Cousins is garbage 

oh come on now, is this the first game you've ever watched the Falcons play? 

opposing a 'garbage' QB never matters to this team, they tend to look like pro bowlers against us for the most part. Today had to be an anomaly, no other reasonable explanation. LOL

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Hence more Mychal Walker (who had a helluva game) and more Foye in the middle... which allowed DeeBo to hunt more!

1 hour ago, gHost83 said:

Justin Jefferson is pretty good. Sheff had a solid game, but Jefferson had a better one. Best rookie wr through the first 6 games. He has more yards than Diggs and Moss through their first 6 games which is pretty insane...

Justin Jefferson is fantastic. There were a couple of catches there that were indefensible. 

40 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Still think they are getting beat over top too much but I prefer forcing the QB to make a good throw instead of giving up soft cushions underneath.

I hate the soft play we have been forced to watch on 3rd and long in the past. It was like the players felt disrespected. The players want to attack and have fun doing it. Not sit back and let the play come to them. 

We did play a lot more press than usual, the problem is pressure though, we should have got way more pressure than we did on some of them plays. the truth is Fowler is not a difference-maker he's not terrible but he's not great either he's slightly above avg.

Yeah 2 years and 2 atrocious starts. It makes me think it is not just a scheme issue. These problems are a little bit deeper and systemic. I'm not sure what is going on. If they can salvage this season and push for a playoff spot I would be willing to give them one more year. If the rest of the season goes the way it has so far then serious changes need to happen.

11 hours ago, JBridgez said:

Justin Jefferson torched every single one of our corners. Sheffield got it the worst. Whole team still played great

I think sheffield shadowed him all gm. If so hes gonna get beat if you are playing that dynamic of a player. The stop and go was the only BAD play.

13 hours ago, JBridgez said:

Justin Jefferson torched every single one of our corners. Sheffield got it the worst. Whole team still played great

Our corners got beat but it’s definitely an improvement in play. No receivers were wide open like they have been every week up to this point.