4 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

But you're cheering for failure, does that make YOU obscure?

Again, some people are big picture, some people love obscurity, so you cheer for another 7-9 season, Ill hope for moves that can change the direction of the franchise....

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't have to tank. This team is bad. Just like last year. The thing is they don't have a slate of easy games at the end of the year like last year. This is a 3-13 team at best. You need seasons

So I know why everyone who is a tanker wants to tank. I get it I understand. 1st pick is exciting maybe getting another great QB for another 10+ years and so on. But here's my question to all of

Nailed it. No team tanks on purpose.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

I never said what kind of record I was cheering for, I just asked you a question

No I am not cheering for failure, Im cheering for the Future

...And if you are obsessed with turning this season around, You are cheering for any record that equals obscurity, because the team is not going to have a Miracle turn around and win a superbowl this year

Obscurity=Failure, and you are cheering for obscurity, You don't have to say it

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

No I am not cheering for failure, Im cheering for the Future

...And if you are obsessed with turning this season around, You are cheering for any record that equals obscurity, because the team is not going to have a Miracle turn around and win a superbowl this year

Obscurity=Failure, and you are cheering for obscurity, You don't have to say it

Don't assume you know what I'm cheering for. But I see what you're saying, you want us to be Cleveland, Cincinnati, Jets, Detroit, etc. Because those are all teams that have finished with high draft picks the last handful of years. Right? That's what you're cheering for, I get it now.

3 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Have a good evening man

Yea...You must have forgotten it was down there...Ill post it for you just in case I am hallucinating, or is this something you are quoting?

You don't have to be afraid to clarify, but that looks like a prediction to me, maybe you need to put it in Quotes if its not your words.....

The Atlanta Falcons will become a dynasty between now and 2022!!! ~02/11/2017~

The Falcons problems have nothing to do with draft position, but rather who was taken.  Quinn and TD took Takk over Tj Watt, and traded up to do it.  Poor scouting and decision making is the problem.  

A bad FO can screw up the first pick as easily as the 16th.   Forget tanking.  Get the right guys in charge.  

This. The tanking argument is one of the dumbest discussion points in all of sports message board narratives. 

Expecting players and coaches to basically guarantee themselves from getting another job to help an ungrateful fanbase and incompetent owner win a draft that will do nothing to help them is one of the most idiotic ideas ever perpetuated on the internet. It just takes 2 seconds of thought to figure out that it’s completely unrealistic. It’s exhausting.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Don't assume you know what I'm cheering for. But I see what you're saying, you want us to be Cleveland, Cincinnati, Jets, Detroit, etc. Because those are all teams that have finished with high draft picks the last handful of years. Right? That's what you're cheering for, I get it now.

Don't assume that you know what I want the Falcons to be....

I am specifically talking about this season, "handful of years" is not relevant to the discussion

Only Falcon fans want to pass on a guy that could be a top 3 QB in 4 years and keep a guy that will be retiring in 4 years.....

3 minutes ago, paulitik said:

This. The tanking argument is one of the dumbest discussion points in all of sports message board narratives. 

Expecting players and coaches to basically guarantee themselves from getting another job to help an ungrateful fanbase and incompetent owner win a draft that will do nothing to help them is one of the most idiotic ideas ever perpetuated on the internet. It just takes 2 seconds of thought to figure out that it’s completely unrealistic. It’s exhausting.

9 minutes ago, paulitik said:

What will keeping Matt Ryan do? What will 7-9 do?

7 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I am specifically talking about this season, "handful of years" is not relevant to the discussion

Only Falcon fans want to pass on a guy that could be a top 3 QB in 4 years and keep a guy that will be retiring in 4 years.....

🤣🤣🤣

Now you're changing the narrative, bro. The last handful of years is relevant because I'm looking for you to give examples of 'tanking' actually working for teams, because I just gave you several examples of it absolutely not working. Conversely, just off the top of my head I can give you 3 solid examples of qb's of the future not being drafted in the top 5, Mahomes, Jackson, and Herbert. Green Bay also drafted their replacement for Rogers in the 20's. And that's just off the top of my head.

9 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Who’s assuming? You want the Falcons to be losers every week. It’s your whole flawed premise. In your own words, you want the team to be “obscure”. 

Even more mind boggling, it’s for a “chance”. Since you’re big on percentages, what percent chance would you say that would be? The chance being the choice becoming that franchise changing player. 

9 minutes ago, the baptist said:

What will keeping Matt Ryan do? What will 7-9 do?

What does this even mean? So Matt Ryan is supposed to quit trying because the team is going to cut or trade him. So by your logic Matt Ryan is going to devalue his future contract, and chance to play with a contending team to help get himself replaced? Raheem Morris and Dirk Koetter are just going to purposely fold so they can guarantee themselves a year not working, and if they’re lucky getting some assistant college gig? 

Just stop. 

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Who’s assuming? You want the Falcons to be losers every week. It’s your whole flawed premise. In your own words, you want the team to be “obscure”. 

Even more mind boggling, it’s for a “chance”. Since you’re big on percentages, what percent chance would you say that would be? The chance being the choice becoming that franchise changing player. 

The franchise would have no choice but to change....The cap would be free to make moves for the future

A change is inevitable, he is not worth the money he is making , a sentiment echoed by Arthur Blank himself, not just an ungrateful fan like me

You are free to give me a best case scenario for keeping an aging overpaid QB for the next 4 years 

In my words Obscurity=Failure, Obscurity is 7-9, infamy is losing the big games with big leads, Thats what this era is defined by, no matter what you or anybody else says, and Matt Ryan is this era

12 minutes ago, paulitik said:

What does this even mean? So Matt Ryan is supposed to quit trying because the team is going to cut or trade him. So by your logic Matt Ryan is going to devalue his future contract, and chance to play with a contending team to help get himself replaced? Raheem Morris and Dirk Koetter are just going to purposely fold so they can guarantee themselves a year not working, and if they’re lucky getting some assistant college gig? 

Just stop. 

You are not answering my question, It wasnt suppose to mean anything, I find myself saying this often.....Lets try this again

What does 7-9 accomplish for this franchise?

6 minutes ago, the baptist said:

The franchise would have no choice but to change....The cap would be free to make moves for the future

A change is inevitable, he is not worth the money he is making , a sentiment echoed by Arthur Blank himself, not just an ungrateful fan like me

You are free to give me a best case scenario for keeping an aging overpaid QB for the next 4 years 

In my words Obscurity=Failure, Obscurity is 7-9, infamy is losing the big games with big leads, Thats what this era is defined by, no matter what you or anybody else says, and Matt Ryan is this era

You’re making an assumption that we finish at 7-9. It’s not a certainty. 

let’s try this again and we’ll keep it simple. 

winning is success

losing is failure 

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

The problem with tanking is that rests on a false assumption—the idea that the top pick guaranteed success.  Andrew Luck didn’t deliver for the Colts, Winston flamed out, Goff is nothing special.   Off the top of my head, the Manning brothers are the only #1 pick QBs that won it all.  So why this obsession with picking first??

False. It means the franchise simply picks first which gives them the potential for the best pick. But not just that, but they pick 1st in each round, assuming they didn't trade away their picks. They don't need to necessarily have to pick that high. They can trade down and get more draft capital - which I prefer. This team needs to play the odds rather than following in love with any player.

I'd rather have this team win it all, or fail completely. Being mediocre is the worst. It gives false hope that the franchise needs little tweaks, and on top of that, complacency - which is the enemy of greatness.

This team is satisfied with being mediocre, and happy with tweaking this or that, and having false hope for the following year. We already know what we have with Matt Ryan. A very good QB, with his best days behind him. No need for nostalgia. Time to move on.

No draft pick is guaranteed to work, no matter where you pick, but expecting different results while doing the same thing over and over is insanity.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

🤣🤣🤣

Now you're changing the narrative, bro. The last handful of years is relevant because I'm looking for you to give examples of 'tanking' actually working for teams, because I just gave you several examples of it absolutely not working. Conversely, just off the top of my head I can give you 3 solid examples of qb's of the future not being drafted in the top 5, Mahomes, Jackson, and Herbert. Green Bay also drafted their replacement for Rogers in the 20's. And that's just off the top of my head.

There is no narrative.....There is one Quarterback, Maybe 2, that can lead franchises in the upcoming draft

Im not saying Draft TLaw and tank......Im saying Draft TLaw....... If TLaw is going at number 10, then tank to get the number 10 pick

Give me a reason to believe Matt Ryan will win a superbowl with this team before he becomes a liability, In my eyes he already is, but lets say he isnt......

6 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You’re making an assumption that we finish at 7-9. It’s not a certainty. 

let’s try this again and we’ll keep it simple. 

winning is success

losing is failure 

I like simple....So when winning in the NFL whats the objective?