• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't have to tank. This team is bad. Just like last year. The thing is they don't have a slate of easy games at the end of the year like last year. This is a 3-13 team at best. You need seasons

So I know why everyone who is a tanker wants to tank. I get it I understand. 1st pick is exciting maybe getting another great QB for another 10+ years and so on. But here's my question to all of

Nailed it. No team tanks on purpose.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Its a shame when you want failure for a team. Not even a fan of the team your a fan of an offseason

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We obviously didn't tank today and never will.

I wonder? Did the TATF Tanker Boys hate that win today, or did you get any enjoyment from it?

Jus askin. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tank on tankas!

What trophy will this team get for 7-9?

What will ultimately be achieved from a 7-9 record? Toiling in Obscurity

Did I hate the win? Yes, because they win when it doesnt count.....

Ask me if I hated it when Matt Ryan threw the interception in the Superbowl? Yes

Ask Me if I hated it because I knew at that point they were going to botch it just like they botched it against the 49ers? Yes

I don't want the team to fail, but success is not 7-9, falling short in the playoffs is not success

Some people have different definitions of what great is, some people don't expect this team to be great, so I understand the excitement when this team wins in what will ultimately be another obscure season

3 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Ask me if I hated it when Matt Ryan threw the interception in the Superbowl? Yes

Ask Me if I hated it because I knew at that point they were going to botch it just like they botched it against the 49ers? Yes

I don't want the team to fail, but success is not 7-9, falling short in the playoffs is not success

Some people have different definitions of what great is, some people don't expect this team to be great, so I understand the excitement when this team wins in what will ultimately be another obscure season

Isn't this what tanking is?

7 minutes ago, the baptist said:

It’s preseason? 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

There are no playoffs for the preseason. There are for the regular season. So, that’s a season where “the games do count”. 

So....If the regular season, you win, but still don't go the playoffs, Preseason, you win but still don't go the playoffs...

Are you saying the playoffs don't count?

Just now, the baptist said:

So....If the regular season, you win, but still don't go the playoffs, Preseason, you win but still don't go the playoffs...

Are you saying the playoffs don't count?

No. I’m saying today counted because it’s a regular season game. You seem confused. 

we have already failed  winning more now means mediocrity in the future, just look what happened with our meaningless wins at the end of teh season last year.  i agree with baptist  I don't care about this team if we keep going 8-8   as a matter of fact wins like today just depress me and I can't sit through these wins against mediocre teams and pretending we have any hope at all against the elite  teams   i want at least a strong chance of making the nfc finals

4 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

What do you mean? Tanking = failure.  I don't understand. If you tank, that means you had a bad season. That is failure.

This year a bad season is 7-9, a good season is 0-16.....Whatever timeline you believe leads this team to a Superbowl is in the past....

Let me back up, I'm sorry......because it is 2020, according to your prediction we are on the verge of being a dynasty.....

Failure=Obscurity, This year tanking may land you a Franchise QB, Matt Ryan is not going to win this team a Superbowl, its time to move on

I would say Failure=infamy, because that's what this Era has been for the Falcons, And Matt Ryan is the crux of this Era

9 hours ago, Trump MAGA said:

You simply cannot ethically issue a demand to tank. However under Quinn it appeared they were tanking on their own. 

There are 11 games left. This is unique for an interim coach to have this many games left. He has an opportunity to prove whether or not this team had a talent problem or a scheme problem or both. We looked this bad last year when we ran off a 6-2 second half. So there has to be some thought that this team has it in them to go on an 8-3 run which could get them in the playoffs. Who knows with this team?

How we getting in the dance at 8-8???

giphy.gif&ehk=q6XDa%2BX9z8Gv7%2BmVlWmwhG

3 minutes ago, the baptist said:

This year a bad season is 7-9, a good season is 0-16.....Whatever timeline you believe leads this team to a Superbowl is in the past....

Let me back up, I'm sorry......because it is 2020, according to your prediction we are on the verge of being a dynasty.....

Failure=Obscurity, This year tanking may land you a Franchise QB, Matt Ryan is not going to win this team a Superbowl, its time to move on

I would say Failure=infamy, because that's what this Era has been for the Falcons, And Matt Ryan is the crux of this Era

what in john brown are you saying?

EDIT: Where have I made any prediction? Are you okay?

Edited by Halcon-1

The problem with tanking is that rests on a false assumption—the idea that the top pick guaranteed success.  Andrew Luck didn’t deliver for the Colts, Winston flamed out, Goff is nothing special.   Off the top of my head, the Manning brothers are the only #1 pick QBs that won it all.  So why this obsession with picking first??

7 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

No. I’m saying today counted because it’s a regular season game. You seem confused. 

Ok...I am sorry, let me back up......

When a game counts....That means winning it, will lead to something you can point to that represents success right?

Key words being "lead to"......What do you think 1 win in an already obscure season will lead to?

2 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Ok...I am sorry, let me back up......

When a game counts....That means winning it, will lead to something you can point to that represents success right?

Key words being "lead to"......What do you think 1 win in an already obscure season will lead to?

First, winning is success. You seem **** bent on overlooking that simple fact.

six games does not equate to being already obscure. Already obscure in your own terms would be when we’re eliminated from playoff contention. So you’re not even listening to yourself. Like I said, I think you’re confused.

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

First, winning is success. You seem **** bent on overlooking that simple fact.

six games does not equate to being already obscure. Already obscure in your own terms would be when we’re eliminated from playoff contention. So you’re not even listening to yourself. Like I said, I think you’re confused.

What are the chances in percentage currently, that the Falcons will make the playoffs this year?