How well do you think Matt Ryan would do under Eric Bienemy?

It seems like Matt Ryan will be in Atlanta at least another 2 years unless we get the number 1 pick.

Do you think that Eric Bienemy as our head coach could get the best of Matt Ryan? If Matt Ryan starts averaging 28-30 points a game consistently I think fans will be saying extend Matt Ryan after 2023.

Andy Reid described Eric Bienemy as a "leader of men." That could be a clue that Bienemy is the guy Arthur Blank wants. 

Do you think Eric Bienemy is most likely going to want to keep Matt Ryan? Do you think Matt Ryan would do well with his creative offense?

27 minutes ago, Rings said:

Ryan could average 40+ and half the fan base will still want to move on because he isn’t a mobile quarterback and doesn’t have a cannon for an arm. Going to be a rude awakening for a lot of people when we move on from Ryan and the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

Arthur Blank should bring in a coach that can maximize Matt Ryan's talents. Matt Ryan should be a Falcon for life.

The Jets and Giants are both winless; and dare I say it, both are worse teams than ours. 

Then you got your Cincinnati Bungles

Houston We-Have-A-Problems

Ugly Ghost Town Lions

Trailertrashville Jaguars

Pothead City Broncos...

My point:  The Atlanta Falcons will NOT be getting the #1 pick.  Probably somewhere around 5th or 6th. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It seems like Matt Ryan will be in Atlanta at least another 2 years unless we get the number 1 pick.

Do you think that Eric Bienemy as our head coach could get the best of Matt Ryan? If Matt Ryan starts averaging 28-30 points a game consistently I think fans will be saying extend Matt Ryan after 2023.

Andy Reid described Eric Bienemy as a "leader of men." That could be a clue that Bienemy is the guy Arthur Blank wants. 

Do you think Eric Bienemy is most likely going to want to keep Matt Ryan? Do you think Matt Ryan would do well with his creative offense?

Who cares how he will do? Matt Ryan is irrelevant from this point on. When a new head coach/gm contemplates taking this job, they aren't asking about Matt Ryan.  They are asking how high are we drafting so we could land either Lawrence or Fields.  You could bet the house on that. 

55 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Jets and Giants are both winless; and dare I say it, both are worse teams than ours. 

Ugly Ghost Town Lions

Pothead City Broncos...

My point:  The Atlanta Falcons will NOT be getting the #1 pick.  Probably somewhere around 5th or 6th. 

Justin Fields might be available I'm not sure

29 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Who cares how he will do? Matt Ryan is irrelevant from this point on. When a new head coach/gm contemplates taking this job, they aren't asking about Matt Ryan.  They are asking how high are we drafting so we could land either Lawrence or Fields.  You could bet the house on that. 

He's going to be here another 2 years worst case scenario. He might light it up under Bienemy.

11 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Justin Fields might be available I'm not sure

I try not to paint with too broad a brush but I'm wary of OSU qbs, and also Fields. 

Lots of posters have made very good arguments about him not being suited for the transition from OSU to NFL.  

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

Ugly Ghost Town Lions

Pothead City Broncos...

Whoa whoa whoa

Are you bad mouthing pot?

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think he could do well if they utilized him in a similar fashion that they did Alex Smith. Ryan isn’t as mobile as Smith, but he does have a better arm and is more accurate. Either way I think EB would bring in his own QB for Ryan to groom. 

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

Ugly Ghost Town Lions

Pothead City Broncos...

If we lose tomorrow we might as well tank for the top pick

Ryan owns a share of 7-9, 7-9, 0-5 and no matter how much you personally like him or want him to succeed he has gotten consistently slower, his accuracy and decision making have consistently declined year over year.  Ryan will be basically the same under any coach.  Coaches don't make QBs who have no confidence to make decisions or call audibles magically become Tom Brady. 

That said, a new coaching scheme might make the Falcons O less predictable which will benefit Ryan.  Ryan's arm is still good, his and the team's best opportunity is to mix up the calling a little and take advantage of what Ryan can do.  If the new regime keeps Ryan in the air he will do better.  

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Awful , Eric's playbooks is centered around guys like Mahomes. Ryan has never had the arm nor the athleticism to thrive in his offense. He would look even worse than he does now. 

He runs a version of the WCO. He’s so fine. He just doesn’t have that athleticism as PM but he didn’t have it in 2016 either. It’s not Eric’s PLAYBOOK. It’s the system Andy Reid has always utilized. The WCO. It’s basically the same version of Kyle’s or very similar. Wco principles but utilized the deep ball. And as long as a Julio and Ridley is on the outside defenses will still play on their heels. The only thing I’d say needed is a speedy young back. But Matt could run the system no problem. What you won’t get is the way pat extends plays with his athleticism and that’s not a part of the playbook. That’s ad libbing. 

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He runs a version of the WCO. He’s so fine. He just doesn’t have that athleticism as PM but he didn’t have it in 2016 either. It’s not Eric’s PLAYBOOK. It’s the system Andy Reid has always utilized. The WCO. It’s basically the same version of Kyle’s or very similar. Wco principles but utilized the deep ball. And as long as a Julio and Ridley is on the outside defenses will still play on their heels. The only thing I’d say needed is a speedy young back. But Matt could run the system no problem. What you won’t get is the way pat extends plays with his athleticism and that’s not a part of the playbook. That’s ad libbing. 

I honestly don't know, alot of his throws this year have floated and lacked zip on his throws. Can he still get the ball down the field ?? Thats the question, i feel like he is just declining at an earlier age. He looks so much like Brees and Brady this year at 43. People can blame Quinn and Koetter but it just looks like his mechanics, fundamentals and everything have gone down. 

I could start too see his mechanics and fundamentals breaking down a little last year but didnt think too much of it 

6 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Ryan owns a share of 7-9, 7-9, 0-5 and no matter how much you personally like him or want him to succeed he has gotten consistently slower, his accuracy and decision making have consistently declined year over year.  Ryan will be basically the same under any coach.  Coaches don't make QBs who have no confidence to make decisions or call audibles magically become Tom Brady. 

That said, a new coaching scheme might make the Falcons O less predictable which will benefit Ryan.  Ryan's arm is still good, his and the team's best opportunity is to mix up the calling a little and take advantage of what Ryan can do.  If the new regime keeps Ryan in the air he will do better.  

That 2nd paragraph might be the smartest thing you've ever said on tatf. Football is, BY FAR, the most coaching influenced sport in the world. 

I hear what you're saying about MR's confidence, still haunted by ghosts of the past it seems, a new style of play calling might snap him out of it. Maybe a new OC actually gives him some input into the playbook and game planning.