Matt Ryan & Falcons' future — Colin | NFL | THE HERD

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m not a cowturd fan but that’s on point weather you like it or not. 

This is ignorant Sanu/Harry Douglas/Roddy White/Michael Jenkins/Austin Hooper/Taylor Gabriel show me the production without Ryan.  It doesn't exist show me one star season for them without Ryan.  We were all ready to run Roddy out of town for his drops before Ryan became the starter and turned him into a star.  It has never been perfect for him he's been so good we thought things were perfect.  Lots of guys play in a dome now these talking points are typical Cowherd trash based on nothing.  He loves flashy and bold Ryan wins Super Bowl LI he would still bash him because he would have given a corporate team first speech and people like Cowherd who have never accomplished anything are terrified of humility because they feed on unearned ego and are intimidated by those who are confident enough to put ego aside for five minutes for the good of others.  When Ryan leaves and our team implodes back into what it was pre-Vick er where even dreaming of 7-9 seemed silly y'all are gonna learn something about appreciating talent.

Edited by #84
20 minutes ago, #84 said:

This is ignorant Sanu/Harry Douglas/Roddy White/Michael Jenkins/Austin Hooper/Taylor Gabriel show me the production without Ryan.  It doesn't exist show me one star season for them without Ryan.  We were all ready to run Roddy out of town for his drops before Ryan became the starter and turned him into a star.  It has never been perfect for him he's been so good we thought things were perfect.  Lots of guys play in a dome now these talking points are typical Cowherd trash based on nothing.  He loves flashy and bold Ryan wins Super Bowl LI he would still bash him because he would have given a corporate team first speech and people like Cowherd who have never accomplished anything are terrified of humility because they feed on unearned ego and are intimidated by those who are confident enough to put ego aside for five minutes for the good of others.  When Ryan leaves and our team implodes back into what it was pre-Vick er where even dreaming of 7-9 seemed silly y'all are gonna learn something about appreciating talent.

It’s possible to acknowledge what Ryan has done for the franchise and also question his future with the team. Rivers was a great QB for the Chargers, but they didn’t miss a beat when they had the opportunity to replace him with the QB of the future. The blatant golden boy syndrome some posters have when it comes to Ryan borders on idolization. Ryan doesn’t pay our bills, we don’t owe him jack ****. He’s good at his job, but how good he’ll be in the future and at what cost remains in question. 

28 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I didn’t think he was bashing MR. I thought he was calling a spade a spade. Give me Trevor Lawernce and I’ll forget about MR.

of course that’s obvious you think the chargers would be glad that they got rid of rivers but couldnt get hurbert? No they would be sick. You only can be happy if you get your guy you dont want to get rid of your only good QB then somehow not be able to get your next franchise QB. If we get TL/JF then letting Matt go is the best case scenario. What if we let matt go and cant get either of those two players then this franchise would be worse then what we currently are.

5 hours ago, #84 said:

This is hilarious!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Roddy had his first breakout season the yr before Matt was drafted in 07. Jenkins NEVER had a star yr with or without Matt. Harry had one 1000 yard season with Matt and it was not the qb that made it happen that yr. He was literally the only competent wr while Roddy and Julio were hurt. Someone had to catch those passes that Koetter favors so heavily over the run. Sanu had a couple good yrs in Cincinnati and that’s why he got a 5 yr deal here in ATL. 

Matt Ryan hasn’t made anybody a star IMO. But even if he did, we can look ahead and think of what the franchise will be like without him. 

4 hours ago, treboyplay said:

This is hilarious!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Roddy had his first breakout season the yr before Matt was drafted in 07. Jenkins NEVER had a star yr with or without Matt. Harry had one 1000 yard season with Matt and it was not the qb that made it happen that yr. He was literally the only competent wr while Roddy and Julio were hurt. Someone had to catch those passes that Koetter favors so heavily over the run. Sanu had a couple good yrs in Cincinnati and that’s why he got a 5 yr deal here in ATL. 

Matt Ryan hasn’t made anybody a star IMO. But even if he did, we can look ahead and think of what the franchise will be like without him. 

😀😀😀...LOL, you of all people pointing to other posts as hilarious....and then you come up with this little gem. 

And cowturd is and always has been a buffoon.

😀😀😀

9 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s possible to acknowledge what Ryan has done for the franchise and also question his future with the team. Rivers was a great QB for the Chargers, but they didn’t miss a beat when they had the opportunity to replace him with the QB of the future. The blatant golden boy syndrome some posters have when it comes to Ryan borders on idolization. Ryan doesn’t pay our bills, we don’t owe him jack ****. He’s good at his job, but how good he’ll be in the future and at what cost remains in question. 

Its not about goldenboys its about reality QB is an overrated position we have had one for awhile who outplays his coaching that is very rare, but early in his career he had a good run game and other help.  You don't expose a young QB with a bad team and expect success look at Burrow he is slipping with each passing week because his organization is bad.  I dont want to bring a young guy in and throw him into the fire with the current issues we have.  We aren't the chargers we are not one step away and needing to just replace a QB Julio is getting old, our o-line is still inconsistent, Ryan has made more impact blocks then our FB, our only legitimate NFL back is one a one year deal and poor defensive play calling and scheme has obliterated the confidence of our entire defensive unit.  Why put in a top rookie QB right now only to have them get Joey Harrington syndrome in 3 years as they run away from invisible DEs.  Let Ryan work for two more years until we have a team and coaching staff stable enough not to get the young man killed.  

My greatest fear for this organization is to become the Jets/Bengals/Jaguars/2010 Browns constantly searching for a "savior QB" throwing 1st round pick after 1st round pick to the wolves only to go nowhere.  Build a situation where the young QB can succeed either a great OC/great running game/Great o-line or preferably a mix of atleast 2 of those so he is protected.

Edited by #84
9 hours ago, #84 said:

you`re right, but Matt Ryan is not the same and we can Live from the past.   Its time for a change at qb 

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

😀😀😀...LOL, you of all people pointing to other posts as hilarious....and then you come up with this little gem. 

And cowturd is and always has been a buffoon.

😀😀😀

The Vandyman!!! Don’t know what your fixation is with me but have a nice day sir. 

11 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

This.  Exactly.  Nobody is denying that #2 was awesome all the way.  Nobody said Matt Ryan isn't a hero to Atlanta, the fans, and the team.  Nobody said he doesn't deserve a statue or that his number should not be retired.

What I get from this is just honest analytics and a little entertainment value sports television.  Matt Ryan hasn't been great for going on 40 games.  I imagine a lot of people thought Belichick was nuts for letting TB12 go.  But TB isn't going to win another Super Bowl ever.  And the Pats just might within the next few years.  So long view it's the right decision.  Same with Matt Ryan.  We might do better, but we aren't winning a Ship with Ryan no matter what.  Even if you're wearing his jersey.  Even if you have his picture in an avatar.  But he is a hero and this should be handled appropriately.

5 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

This.  Exactly.  Nobody is denying that #2 was awesome all the way.  Nobody said Matt Ryan isn't a hero to Atlanta, the fans, and the team.  Nobody said he doesn't deserve a statue or that his number should not be retired.

What I get from this is just honest analytics and a little entertainment value sports television.  Matt Ryan hasn't been great for going on 40 games.  I imagine a lot of people thought Belichick was nuts for letting TB12 go.  But TB isn't going to win another Super Bowl ever.  And the Pats just might within the next few years.  So long view it's the right decision.  Same with Matt Ryan.  We might do better, but we aren't winning a Ship with Ryan no matter what.  Even if you're wearing his jersey.  Even if you have his picture in an avatar.  But he is a hero and this should be handled appropriately.

Ryan’s biggest legacy will be creating consistency for Atlanta and ultimately paving the way for the next QB. The attitude that he’s the best QB we’ll ever have is flat out disrespectful to Arthur Blank, who has done a great job as an owner. There’s been some hiccups but you can tell the dude actually cares about his team and city. And what did he say about Ryan’s future? He said he’d leave it up to the next coach and GM. Yet certain high and mighty posters around here who fancy themselves “football understanders” think they have more insight than the owner himself. 

Ryan’s future in Atlanta is in question now. It’s not because he isn’t capable of playing at a high level, it’s because of his age, his cost and what elevating his play will require. It’s a real question whether we move forward with him on the rebuild or bring a younger, more talented QB to build with. And a few posters seem to HATE that it’s even a possibility. Golden boy syndrome. 

Brother, we all want the same thing.  Matt Ryan's future should have been in question when he lost the Ring and instead of coming back for more he showed a very steady decline in performance.  I love the Falcons and have since 72.  And we are 0-5 and you can face facts or plant your flag on a hill.  Either way, I'm wearing my Bart jersey and cheering my head off tomorrow.  W in Minny.

So instead of being crabby because professional football analysts all over the states say what you don't want to hear, try this for a second.  What if you were the HC or the GM or the Owner?  Would you throw all your chips on Ryan suddenly getting better for 3 more years? 

3 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Ryan’s biggest legacy will be creating consistency for Atlanta and ultimately paving the way for the next QB. The attitude that he’s the best QB we’ll ever have is flat out disrespectful to Arthur Blank, who has done a great job as an owner. There’s been some hiccups but you can tell the dude actually cares about his team and city. And what did he say about Ryan’s future? He said he’d leave it up to the next coach and GM. Yet certain high and mighty posters around here who fancy themselves “football understanders” think they have more insight than the owner himself. 

Ryan’s future in Atlanta is in question now. It’s not because he isn’t capable of playing at a high level, it’s because of his age, his cost and what elevating his play will require. It’s a real question whether we move forward with him on the rebuild or bring a younger, more talented QB to build with. And a few posters seem to HATE that it’s even a possibility. Golden boy syndrome. 

Y’all know I have been a big defender of Ryan(and of Vic Beasley but we won’t go there.). That being said... 

I’m just done with theses guys.  From the 2010 and 2011 playoff disasters to the 2012 NFCCG to the coup de grace that was LI. The icing on this **** sandwich being back to back blowing double digit leads in the 4th this year, it’s time to blow it up.  I want a top 3 pick.  Those don’t come that often for our franchise ironically and with 4 top prospects we could get, we really need to continue losing.

Matt has done great things for us.  But he along with the rest of these guys are damaged from 28-3 more than any of them would ever admit it.  We keep him a couple of more years to mentor a young gun, let him retire or move to an organization that will give him a defense and put him in our ROH.  

12 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

of course that’s obvious you think the chargers would be glad that they got rid of rivers but couldnt get hurbert? No they would be sick. You only can be happy if you get your guy you dont want to get rid of your only good QB then somehow not be able to get your next franchise QB. If we get TL/JF then letting Matt go is the best case scenario. What if we let matt go and cant get either of those two players then this franchise would be worse then what we currently are.

Don’t forget about Trey Lance.... but it’s not like MR will be around forever. He’s about done. Don’t stick a folk in him yet but he about medium rare to well done right now. Just got to move on bro