Blank wants a leader of men for the next coach

I don't wanna hear 'the he is not a playcaller" bs. Several coaches had 0-1 year experience and got jobs(Zac Taylor,LaFluer). Several former Cheif players have said he makes you ACCOUNTABLE. If you fumble,miss a block,run the wrong route,and commit penalties you know about it.

Quinn ALWAYS came off to me as a guy who was toooo buddy buddy with the players. Im not saying be General Patton on the sidelines, but he wasn't assertive. I believe Brian Cox, Richard Smith,Manuel were canned, and Mularkey retired due to this. If you challenged him, you were removed.

I see alot of McDaniels,Daboll,Roman,Brady,and Riley references and that's fine. They all are offensive minds, but the thing Bieniemy has over them all is longevity and consistency. He's been with Andy his whole coaching career, except the years he was in Minny with Childress, who is a Reid disciple. 

McDaniels has spent alot of time Belichick, but I don't think he is close to Bill or apart of the daily operations,like EB is/was with Andy. He's been groomed to be a HC and now its time. The track record speaks for it self.

I judge coaches, especially offensive coaches off the development and production of the players. He has coached and helped develop good backs in the past,and with KC. Installs the gameplan with Mahomes,and watch the results on Sundays. I think this is the man for the job Atlanta.

Edited by lju713
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn was high-fiving guys running off the field who just effed up. That's why we sucked, no accountability. He's not their baby sitter, he is supposed to make them do their job.  Buddies are for fish

I will pass. He cant even get kids 22 and younger to play for him.

Call the new HC whatever you want to (leader of men, players coach, hardass, X'es and O's guy), but until we get someone who knows how to adapt to in game situations, who never stops trying to exploit

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Quinn was high-fiving guys running off the field who just effed up. That's why we sucked, no accountability. He's not their baby sitter, he is supposed to make them do their job.  Buddies are for fishing, not NFL HCing. 

I hated seeing that dump ****. That use to piss me off. Im like why hi five Oliver after he just got toasted???? Or tell them its ok after a drive killing or drive extending penalty????

Oh god not this tired old troupe. The last time the term “Leader of Men” was thrown around here, it was in regards to Mike Singletary as Head Coach. A coach that MANY posters wanted. 

You know? The dude that dropped his pants in front of his team during halftime of a game.

We REALLY need to not stop throwing around tired troupes. They never end well. 

4 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I hated seeing that dump ****. That use to piss me off. Im like why hi five Oliver after he just got toasted???? Or tell them its ok after a drive killing or drive extending penalty????

Yep, I wanted a HC who grabbed them coming off the field and shake some sense into them. Compliment them when they make the play, not when they didn't. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

Oh god not this tired old troupe. The last time the term “Leader of Men” was thrown around here, it was in regards to Mike Singletary as Head Coach. A coach that MANY posters wanted. 

You know? The dude that dropped his pants in front of his team during halftime of a game.

We REALLY need to not start throwing around tired troupes. They never end well. 

Singletary is a leader of men. Changed the mindset of SF, then Harbaugh changed the culture. So he set a tangent, and JH came in and executed the rest of the plan

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ummm that was Vernon Davis😶😶😶

Call the new HC whatever you want to (leader of men, players coach, hardass, X'es and O's guy), but until we get someone who knows how to adapt to in game situations, who never stops trying to exploit the other teams weakness, then we'll continue to go down the road of weak to mediocre. Get the coach and coaching staff that knows how to prepare the team to play. I'm tired of hearing how there are communication issues, and injuries that keep the team from being unable to compete.

Bieniemy has been in charge of an offensive unit & its playcalling for two seasons.  Most gifted offensive minds dominate, regardless of the university.  Bieniemy managed three wins and a miserable 19 ppg & 17 ppg as OC at the University of Colorado 8 years ago.  The two years after he left the offense averaged 26 ppg & 30 ppg.  I’m not sure he develops talent or holds players accountable.  I recall Kelce didn’t miss a rep after shoving EB on the sidelines

Not saying he hasn’t improved or can’t be a great leader of men.  But if he is the hire, he needs to bring an offensive mind with him

4 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Singletary is a leader of men. Changed the mindset of SF, then Harbaugh changed the culture. So he set a tangent, and JH came in and executed the rest of the plan

No, he isn’t and no he didn’t. Harbaugh is and was responsible for that. Harbaugh changed the culture and mindset. Which is why you saw a complete 180 the next season. Because the team believed in him. Harbaugh would still be in the league if he didn’t have character issues and if he could adapt to the game. Instead he was a flash in the pan. 

I was all for a proven head coach years ago, but the last two have really proven to me there are rarely any available that have any kind of creativity.  We have to take a chance on a creative mind, a forward thinker.  I’d rather hire someone who hasn’t been a head coach yet than someone who has and failed at it.

17 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Quinn was high-fiving guys running off the field who just effed up. That's why we sucked, no accountability. He's not their baby sitter, he is supposed to make them do their job.  Buddies are for fishing, not NFL HCing. 

You can be a buddy buddy, super positive guy and win. Pete Carroll does the same thing and they're in the playoffs pretty much every year. It all comes down to how you prepare your guys to play.

Quinn either wasn't ready at this stage in his life or isn't a good fit for a HC.

1 minute ago, The Architect said:

You can be a buddy buddy, super positive guy and win. Pete Carroll does the same thing and they're in the playoffs pretty much every year. It all comes down to how you prepare your guys to play.

Quinn either wasn't ready at this stage in his life or isn't a good fit for a HC.

That's fine, but when nothing changes and our HC still wants to pat them on the *** for effing us, something isn't right. 

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's fine, but when nothing changes and our HC still wants to pat them on the *** for effing us, something isn't right. 

There has to be balance. Like any work relationship between a boss and his staff, you can motivate/lead by example. However there’s a fine line between friend and employee. It’s almost like a parent and child. You can be nice and do stuff with your kid. However, if you let them get away with things, they are always going to push for more. There needs to be a line of respect. 

1 minute ago, The Architect said:

I can agree there. I just think that he was a reflection of the football culture he's been around.

The previous guys you mentioned showed some passion on the sidelines when there was a bad call or they were losing and getting thumped. I just never saw that from Quinn, at least try and make us feel you cared (and I know he did) would fight for the team, but it never came off that way. 

12 minutes ago, Rings said:

I was all for a proven head coach years ago, but the last two have really proven to me there are rarely any available that have any kind of creativity.  We have to take a chance on a creative mind, a forward thinker.  I’d rather hire someone who hasn’t been a head coach yet than someone who has and failed at it.

^ This. 

Don’t get me wrong. You can have success as a retread but that’s few and far between. I do feel that some coaching fails are a product of outside forces that influence performance, but those are in the minority of cases. 

26 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

Call the new HC whatever you want to (leader of men, players coach, hardass, X'es and O's guy), but until we get someone who knows how to adapt to in game situations, who never stops trying to exploit the other teams weakness, then we'll continue to go down the road of weak to mediocre. Get the coach and coaching staff that knows how to prepare the team to play. I'm tired of hearing how there are communication issues, and injuries that keep the team from being unable to compete.

^ Thank you. 

This is EXACTLY what we need. Sooooo many people miss these important coaching qualities in lieu of the aforementioned tag lines.