Do you think that Josh McDaniels is likely to be on the top of Arthur Blank's radar?

Josh McDaniels becoming the Falcons head coach would probably be the best thing that could happen to Matt Ryan and our offense. I think that Josh McDaniels could maximize Matt Ryan's skill set. He could probably bring in a good defensive coordinator. It would make more sense if Dimitroff was still here.

From what I heard when he didn't take the Colts job because he found out Andrew Luck might be retiring soon.

It seems like Arthur Blank wants to swing big. What do you think are the chances Josh McDaniels is the guy he wants?

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Josh McDaniels becoming the Falcons head coach would probably be the best thing that could happen to Matt Ryan and our offense. I think that Josh McDaniels could maximize Matt Ryan's skill set. He could probably bring in a good defensive coordinator. It would make more sense if Dimitroff was still here.

From what I heard when he didn't take the Colts job because he found out Andrew Luck might be retiring soon.

It seems like Arthur Blank wants to swing big. What do you think are the chances Josh McDaniels is the guy he wants?

Where did you hear this?

I would like for Blank to at least interview him. I think Josh can be successful with Ryan or a draft pick. To me, he is the kind of coach that adapts his scheme to fit around his players. Though the big problem I have is his whole stint with Indy. If he truly turned it down because Luck wasn't going to be there, then why would he take this job if Ryan is out the door soon? 

NO!  Great offensive man, terrible HC.  You want a coach that is both smart and players want to play for.  McDaniels is just smart.  And he bailed on the Colts, you think he'd want to come here?  He's waiting to coach NE when Belichick retires.  Rumor is Kraft offered him that assurance.

Edited by BLM

I really think Blank is going to be more passive in this process than many would think based on his perceived "hands on" history. I think he's more interested in getting this right than getting his wish. He's a confident man, but he's not an arrogant man. There is a difference. I think he is sincere about "wins" being the main criteria going forward.

6 hours ago, Romfal said:

I think McDaniels would be one of the main proponents of shipping Matt out. See how he did things in Denver with a young Jay Cutler who wasn't terrible

Cutler has character issues. McDaniels was a young hot headed coach. When those two combustible elements meet; you’re going to have issues. 

I don’t think other coaches in the league respect him after what he did to Indianapolis.  He didn’t just quit on them, he quit on all of the assistants he was bringing with him.  Are you sure he could attract a competent support staff to come join him here? 

12 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I heard the same speculation about the Colts job with luck.  I believe it was on a Radio show... I wanted McDaniel over DQ. I think it was be a perfect situation for both parties.. JM could come in here with our current O and have success, while Drafting a Qb that he can develope behind MR for a couple of years and make an easier transition when its time to change  QBs. As far as his tenure was in Denver...he was a very young Coach when he was hired, and made some mistakes... I would think he has matured and grown especially coaching under Belichek for a lot of years now.  Question would be would he want to come here?  After all, Blank has passed on him 2 prior times.  I would love it.  Still think we would have won a SB or 2 if he had been hired instead of DQ

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

I really think Blank is going to be more passive in this process than many would think based on his perceived "hands on" history. I think he's more interested in getting this right than getting his wish. He's a confident man, but he's not an arrogant man. There is a difference. I think he is sincere about "wins" being the main criteria going forward.

Dan Quinn and Mike Smith were good choices until they lost their touch.