Jump to content

Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. Who do you think would be a better fit for the Falcons offense?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

That's not exactly a bad thing if you are good lol.

 

Jay Cutler was arrogant that he could make any throw and was bad. But Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes are quite arrogant about their arm talent and it feeds into their greatness.

I actually don't think Cutler was that bad. I think he was a poor leader and played for terrible offensive coaches. He was dealt a pretty bad hand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt Ryan.

I think the better question is, which one fits the system our new FO/HC wants to bring in?  I hope we bring in management that can answer these questions better than people in this forum. 

I think Justin Fields has the higher ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

That's not exactly a bad thing if you are good lol.

 

Jay Cutler was arrogant that he could make any throw and was bad. But Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes are quite arrogant about their arm talent and it feeds into their greatness.

I agree. I stated before that having swagger is good, but tempered. Sometimes you need a QB to be like “F@ck it! You’re getting the ball no matter what.” That “try and stop me” mentality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

no way he does. I studied the film for hours recently. Fields is smaller and his arm is half of Lawrence's. He is great too, could eve go #2, but at this point he's top 10 and Lawrence is easy 1. Lance is just behind Fields at around 10 overall...

This is definitely not the case. I have also watched many videos on Fields and Lawrence. Fields arm is in no way  just half as strong as Lawrence. Dude has a big arm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I agree. I stated before that having swagger is good, but tempered. Sometimes you need a QB to be like “F@ck it! You’re getting the ball no matter what.” That “try and stop me” mentality. 

I think the confusion with Cutler is swagger, maturity, and leadership are all different traits. Cutler had swagger and talent. He was immature and a bad leader. Baker Mayfield is like that. He's got swagger. He's a terrible leader and super immature. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I actually don't think Cutler was that bad. I think he was a poor leader and played for terrible offensive coaches. He was dealt a pretty bad hand. 

 

Cutler's decision making was bad, he definitely stopped caring after leaving Denver from under Mike Shanahan when Josh McDaniel took over.

 

His decision making limited his arm talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

And many people thought Luck was overrated too. He definitely wasn't. If this team hires Bienemy, I think Fields is a certainty. I just don't think the Falcons have any chance of getting Lawrence. I just don't see the #1 pick happening unless Ryan suffers a season ending injury or something. The Jets and Giants are just too atrocious. And Lawrence will unquestionably be the #1 pick.

I think if we have the 1st overall pick and Bieniemy is the coach, he’ll take Lawrence. Way too similar to Mahomes in terms of physical ability and tangibles. 

Giants almost beat the Boys last game. Now that Dak is down, we could see them take the next game. That division is horrible. 

Jets are a curious selection. Jets could see Darnold’s shortcomings being due to Gase. Which I can largely agree with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think the confusion with Cutler is swagger, maturity, and leadership are all different traits. Cutler had swagger and talent. He was immature and a bad leader. Baker Mayfield is like that. He's got swagger. He's a terrible leader and super immature. 

I’m thinking more of Favre when I think that kind of swagger. The good kind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I agree. I stated before that having swagger is good, but tempered. Sometimes you need a QB to be like “F@ck it! You’re getting the ball no matter what.” That “try and stop me” mentality. 

Deshaun Watson lives and dies by that mentality more than anyone else imo which I think people respect because he has the talent to do so. Not to say he can’t go overboard with it as well putting himself at risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Deshaun Watson lives and dies by that mentality more than anyone else imo which I think people respect because he has the talent to do so. Not to say he can’t go overboard with it as well putting himself at risk.

Agreed. I feel for Watson. He’s one QB that was definitely held back because of his coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Agreed. I feel for Watson. He’s one QB that was definitely held back because of his coach. 

Luckily he’s still young and hopefully any damage caused by Obriens handling of that team can be fixed. It’s just wild that the kind of ego he had was left unchecked for as long as it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

i think Lawrence will have success faster.  Fields set himself back a lot by going to Ohio St.  They are like Oklahoma, that offense doesn't translate to the NFL and thats why all the qb's coming from there struggle.

Kyler Murray seems to be just fine and Baker Mayfield is playing much better with the new system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

Get the right coaches and GM in here. You'd be surprised at what a difference they can make quickly.

 

This team already has some talent. Some are overrated, but you have some to build off of and be key players to a Falcons resurgence if the new coaches know how to scheme towards their strengths along with add a few pieces.

 

We've see many teams become real contenders overnight. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Falcons can too.

This is some grade A hopium right here. Who’s to say we even get the right HC/GM combo off rip? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

This is some grade A hopium right here. Who’s to say we even get the right HC/GM combo off rip? 
 

 

That's why Blank, McKay, and whoever else involved with the GM/HC searches need to do their homework.

 

Both Smitty(instantly) and Quinn(2nd year) turned the Falcons into contenders rather quickly despite eventually losing their way in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The weird thing is I know several people who think he's overrated. I just don't see it. I think he's the real deal

I feel like people say he's overrrated just because they want someone else at QB, whether it's Fields, Lance, Ryan, or whoever else.

I agree that he's the real deal. Fields is also the real deal. Lance is the real deal. Heck, Ehlinger is a gun-slinger.

My take on it is that there are several "real deals" every year, if guys are put in the right situation they'll flourish, if they're put in the wrong situation they'll bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

 

I've seen a lot of these takes, im curious as to why you think that?

I think they both clearly look like Franchise QBs but I think TL will be the better pro when all said and done. I just am very leery about OSU QB's. 

Like someone else said, I think it all depends on who we get as a HC. 

Their opinions.

Not facts

Edited by Dukeduke211
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The weird thing is I know several people who think he's overrated. I just don't see it. I think he's the real deal

I’m sure some people thought Mahomes was overrated when he came out of Texas Tech. I think Trevor will be an all time great QB when it’s all said and done 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

That's why Blank, McKay, and whoever else involved with the GM/HC searches need to do their homework.

 

Both Smitty(instantly) and Quinn(2nd year) turned the Falcons into contenders rather quickly despite eventually losing their way in the end.

I think Smitty and Quinns early success had much in part to do with Ryan and the offense.  We never really had much to rave over on past teams other than the offense. The falcons wanted defense and we never got it from them.

This time around we need a HC that will actually bring something to this team instead of being carried by Ryan. The fact that we have yet to find a HC to develop the team outside of Ryan leads me to believe there is a high possibility the search won’t be over the moment we hire someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

And many people thought Luck was overrated too. He definitely wasn't. If this team hires Bienemy, I think Fields is a certainty. I just don't think the Falcons have any chance of getting Lawrence. I just don't see the #1 pick happening unless Ryan suffers a season ending injury or something. The Jets and Giants are just too atrocious. And Lawrence will unquestionably be the #1 pick.

That’s my thought too as much as i want Lawrence the Jets are just too terrible Giants may win a game vs Washington or something but i definitely think we’ll be a top 3 pick 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m sure some people thought Mahomes was overrated when he came out of Texas Tech. I think Trevor will be an all time great QB when it’s all said and done 

 

 

Mahomes wasn't being hyped up as the #1 overall pick or a "once in a generation" talent though.

 

Less people knew much about Mahomes. It was even surprising when Chiefs took him with the 10th pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

This current offense, neither, because it’s absolute dog$hit.
 

That being said. I think Lawrence could fit into more systems immediately than Fields. Fields plays predominantly out of the shotgun formation and looks shaky when under center. I’m not a huge fan of Fields but he has a ton of upside. Lawrence routinely looks good. Good mechanics, prototypical size, pro offense, and through the roof intangibles. He’ll make the transition into the NFL a lot easier. 

Having Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley to throw to would help them tremendously. Especially if they drafted a good running back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...