Jump to content

Trever Lawrence is going pro after his Jr Season.


Draftnut57
 Share

Recommended Posts

     I would love to get Lawrence in the next Draft.. April of 2021.  He said he's going pro after this his Jr season..  Now I'm hoping we can get him , a once in a lifetime chance to draft a QB of his status ... I really wanted us to get Justin Herbert , But no one seems to think we needed a younger QB, But here is the good news.. What ever , when ever we do get a replacement for Ryan,, It'll take a year for the new QB to get the Pro Game down.  So we need Ryan to stay a few years more if we do upgrade in the next Draft . But I'm not sure he would stay as a teacher and a back up if we do decide to draft Lawrence;

     Here's the thing ,  Ryan could teach him as he is still the Starting QB  of this team.. I'd rather us be ready for the day when Ryan steps down , than to be caught without a high caliber  QB like Lawrence.  We're talking about once in a lifetime oppertunity to draft a QB like Lawrence ,  WE missed on Herbert ,, we don't need to let Lawrence get gone before we draft him. I guess the bottom line is The #1 pick in the next April Draft will be worth a ton of picks.. Just because of Lawrence , We may not could get him even if we wanted to. The only for sure way we could get him is to have the #1 pick.   The way it's going right now.. we may just have that pick, Sadly.  But if we do.. At least the bright side would be a 6-6 Future Star. But lastly ,, I'm hoping we make the playoffs this year.. I really do.. I'm just trying to look at the one small bright side if we do end up with the first pick.  B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Tank , should just have a fire sale and move on. Blow this team up , start from the ground up. Starting with a new QB, RB, and WR Trio. 

We don't need a complete overhaul,, It's just a good time for us to draft a QB if we can't get this team to make the playoffs.  We have a lot of parts in place.. I was just saying we'll never have a better time to upgrade on the QB , even if he sits and learns for a season or when ever he has to start. Which ever comes first ...  We need to be ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

     I would love to get Lawrence in the next Draft.. April of 2021.  He said he's going pro after this his Jr season..  Now I'm hoping we can get him , a once in a lifetime chance to draft a QB of his status ... I really wanted us to get Justin Herbert , But no one seems to think we needed a younger QB, But here is the good news.. What ever , when ever we do get a replacement for Ryan,, It'll take a year for the new QB to get the Pro Game down.  So we need Ryan to stay a few years more if we do upgrade in the next Draft . But I'm not sure he would stay as a teacher and a back up if we do decide to draft Lawrence;

     Here's the thing ,  Ryan could teach him as he is still the Starting QB  of this team.. I'd rather us be ready for the day when Ryan steps down , than to be caught without a high caliber  QB like Lawrence.  We're talking about once in a lifetime oppertunity to draft a QB like Lawrence ,  WE missed on Herbert ,, we don't need to let Lawrence get gone before we draft him. I guess the bottom line is The #1 pick in the next April Draft will be worth a ton of picks.. Just because of Lawrence , We may not could get him even if we wanted to. The only for sure way we could get him is to have the #1 pick.   The way it's going right now.. we may just have that pick, Sadly.  But if we do.. At least the bright side would be a 6-6 Future Star. But lastly ,, I'm hoping we make the playoffs this year.. I really do.. I'm just trying to look at the one small bright side if we do end up with the first pick.  B)

Everyone wants Lawrence whether they like Ryan or not. The case is already made. The problem is, what would we have to give up to move up that many spots in the draft?  No way Morris or this team will lay down the way AB is talking about "lack of wins." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Everyone wants Lawrence whether they like Ryan or not. The case is already made. The problem is, what would we have to give up to move up that many spots in the draft?  No way Morris or this team will lay down the way AB is talking about "lack of wins." 

The way it's going , we won't have to give up anything to have the first pick..  That's my point... Now don't get me wrong , I'D LOVE IT IF WE RAN THE TABLE.  But how reallistic is that???  Anything is possible.. I'm a very positive Fan. And I know we could. But it's mighty shaky right now..  I'd love for us to go on a winning streak and make it to the playoffs. And if we do. Whoever the Coach is going to be,, He'd need to be kept on as the HC next year also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

The way it's going , we won't have to give up anything to have the first pick..  That's my point... Now don't get me wrong , I'D LOVE IT IF WE RAN THE TABLE.  But how reallistic is that???  Anything is possible.. I'm a very positive Fan. And I know we could. But it's mighty shaky right now..  I'd love for us to go on a winning streak and make it to the playoffs. And if we do. Whoever the Coach is going to be,, He'd need to be kept on as the HC next year also.

Okay, I just disagree about our chances. I think the Falcons would actually have to try to lose to get a top 5 pick. The problem is, even playing better teams it will be hard for them to lose more than 11 or 12 games. Even playing as bad as we are now, we will win a few. We've almost stumbled across 3 already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

Everyone wants Lawrence whether they like Ryan or not. The case is already made. The problem is, what would we have to give up to move up that many spots in the draft?  No way Morris or this team will lay down the way AB is talking about "lack of wins." 

 Bruh.... move up? We have no wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, skullkrusher07 said:

I'm just not sold on Lawrence.  I stated this in another topic, but I just don't see "franchise QB" when I watch him.  I really wish I could put my finger on why, its just a gut feeling.

What is it really? The kid has superb decision making skills especially in clutch situations and big games. He understands the importance of ball security (just 12 INTs in 35 games, Watson had 32 interceptions in a lot fewer games). His overall touch, timing and anticipation could rival Rodgeresque like arms.

He knows how to lead receivers open and spots the ball very well on back shoulder throws. He has the ability to make every throw in the book. He drives the ball vertically with ease and gets excellent velocity on deeper throws outside the numbers. His pocket mobility for such a tall QB is pretty good showing solid quickness in the pocket and displaying a very good feel for pressure. Buddy is a once in a decade type QB prospect whose been projected as an immediate NFL starter.
Must be the hair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, skullkrusher07 said:

I'm just not sold on Lawrence.  I stated this in another topic, but I just don't see "franchise QB" when I watch him.  I really wish I could put my finger on why, its just a gut feeling.

 

I agree.

 

When I watch Lawrence I just see a good "college QB" and not an "NFL franchise QB".

 

I just can't put my finger on it as well. Just have a gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong, but something just doesn't feel right to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know when we draft our next QB or who it will be. But it’s time to bring someone in to groom. If that’s TL or Fields or other. 

I’ve seen a lot of great D1 players who did not thrive in NFL and some who just kept beating expectations. So I don’t have a wish list other than I hope we can see this team grow. That said I hope our next HC has a better game plan to develop players. That is what I admire in Belichick.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I agree.

 

When I watch Lawrence I just see a good "college QB" and not an "NFL franchise QB".

 

I just can't put my finger on it as well. Just have a gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong, but something just doesn't feel right to me.

Idk what you guys are watching ... best college QB I’ve seen ever look at his HS resume **** even middle school he was a prodigy he’s won at every level so far don’t get me wrong I LOVE Fields and wouldn’t mind taking him if we have the 2nd or 3rd pick but IF somehow the Jets and Giants have a better record than us and we pick #1 you take Lawrence 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jetpac said:

 Bruh.... move up? We have no wins. 

No wins yet. We've been within 1 play in 60% of the games. At that rate we have about 6.3 more chances to win coming up. Footballs are shaped funny. You keep messing with fate its going to bounce your way a few times. Law of averages and all of that. Sad but true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

How many times are people gonna have to say it? Herbert went at pick 6. How the **** were we supposed to realistically get him without crippling our future drafts?

Because we have zero wins and are very much in the running for a top 3 draft pick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Idk what you guys are watching ... best college QB I’ve seen ever look at his HS resume **** even middle school he was a prodigy he’s won at every level so far don’t get me wrong I LOVE Fields and wouldn’t mind taking him if we have the 2nd or 3rd pick but IF somehow the Jets and Giants have a better record than us and we pick #1 you take Lawrence 

 

Lawrence isn't the best college QB I've ever seen.

 

Lawrence is a good college QB, but I think he's overhyped.

 

I just don't see the next great NFL QB with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...