• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a bit critical of Gurley early on...and while his burst isn’t what it used to be, his savvy and toughness are clearly on full display    Gurley on pace for 1,200 yards & 16 TD’s

Regarding our talent being overrated, we are talented enough to run up multiple double digit, often 20+ point leads late into games. That tells me there is a coaching problem.

Even worse than this are 3rd down conversions allowed by our defense over Ryan’s career  

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I was a bit critical of Gurley early on...and while his burst isn’t what it used to be, his savvy and toughness are clearly on full display 

Gurley on pace for 1,200 yards & 16 TD’s

He is starting to show more of it.

I doubt that we will ever see the UGA version of him but he showed some burst and acceleration on the TD run in the first quarter and again when he bounced outside for a first down.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He is starting to show more of it.

I doubt that we will ever see the UGA version of him but he showed some burst and acceleration on the TD run in the first quarter and again when he bounced outside for a first down.

Agreed...I see he is also averaging 4.75 ypc.  Feed the man on the outside.  Every run at the D gap gets 5 or more yards

33 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I believe this to be true

I think we overrated our coaches ability to put players in positions to succeed. There is enough talent on this roster to make the playoffs. Can you not imagine Shanahan with this offensive personnel making us a contender?

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I was a bit critical of Gurley early on...and while his burst isn’t what it used to be, his savvy and toughness are clearly on full display 

Gurley on pace for 1,200 yards & 16 TD’s

Based on the lack of burst and speed, I don' think either pace will hold up. That said, he has certainly been worth the investment for one season.

I am watching the condensed game now. When watching his first TD on Sunday, I thought he just shut it down when he broke into the clear. Watching closer today, he didn't shut it down until the five. The speed is clearly not there, but his vision and instinct are as sharp as ever. 

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think we overrated our coaches ability to put players in positions to succeed. There is enough talent on this roster to make the playoffs. Can you not imagine Shanahan with this offensive personnel making us a contender?

I think it's both. This team is definitely talented enough to make the playoffs, but this defense is lacking in so many areas. Just cause a guy got good combine numbers doesn't make them talented in my eyes, but folks here really thought this had the makings of a top 10 defense despite realistically bottom 10 personnel. It's just so top heavy.

5 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think it's both. This team is definitely talented enough to make the playoffs, but this defense is lacking in so many areas. Just cause a guy got good combine numbers doesn't make them talented in my eyes, but folks here really thought this had the makings of a top 10 defense despite realistically bottom 10 personnel. It's just so top heavy.

Guilty as charged.

In all fairness, Marlon Davidson injury and Dante Fowler and Takk reverting back to their disappearing acts was not anticipated. But my biggest hope of Whitt jr. straightening out our young corners has not happened (yet). 

Sheffield especially was god awful last game.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Your coaches have to really suck if you are a "talented" team and posting up 0-5 record to start a season. And, I think ours do, but we got some players that are definitely part of the problem.

Agreed that some players are part of the problem. But it’s not overrated talent. It’s 100% mental 

33 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Agreed that some players are part of the problem. But it’s not overrated talent. It’s 100% mental 

Yeah its too early to tell if talent because the mental mistakes have been so bad. For example opposing wide receivers running open without someone in 10 yards may not be a talent thing but definitely is a mentally blown coverage. Once the player is near the opposing player, we can see if they have ball and coverage skills lol

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Guilty as charged.

In all fairness, Marlon Davidson injury and Dante Fowler and Takk reverting back to their disappearing acts was not anticipated. But my biggest hope of Whitt jr. straightening out our young corners has not happened (yet). 

Sheffield especially was god awful last game.

Takk's been healthy for all of one game. Fowler's been a disappointment but to be fair our whole DLine has been because the other team can throw at will on our secondary. 

7 minutes ago, montanaman71 said:

Yeah its too early to tell if talent because the mental mistakes have been so bad. For example opposing wide receivers running open without someone in 10 yards may not be a talent thing but definitely is a mentally blown coverage. Once the player is near the opposing player, we can see if they have ball and coverage skills lol

That's part of it. But that's also not what I mean by "mental." I mean the mentality just isn't there. Nobody is playing with urgency or fear of their job. The approach is bad.