In opposition of some AFMB members biggest wet dream... Matt and Julio WILL be with the team next year. Because of that, I will drop the name of only HC Candidate that I like and know will be available.

I don't want to disrespect or dismiss Raheem Morris; I think he MAY be a (Ninja edit) great Head Coach, but, at this moment I don't know what he excels at in that position. Is he great at managing the game? Making adjustments on the fly? Implementing a game plan on offense and defense? I don't know. Until that question is answered, I'm already looking forward to the next HC.

We're keeping Matt Ryan... So the question is, how can we make do with what we have and build a winning brand of football? I'll repeat what I've heard from a good bit of our very own posters.

Run game, please.

I know some posters on here are looking to Trever Lawrence or some other "Elite" prospect being drafted for the sake of reinvigorating their fandom for the franchise. However, deep down in your hearts, you know there is no guarantee of the new QB accomplishing anything outside of that, even though the media may butter them up like a Cheddar Bay Biscuit. Now, if we're wanting to focus on winning games in the immediate future, I think we should get an offensive minded HC and a GM that can pick a scouting department specializing in trench warfare. You win up front, you win games on the NFL-level period.

Speaking of trenches, my HC pick specializes in both the run game AND offensive line play. He has a storied resume and has also been a part of 3 Super Bowl winning teams. Also, in the last two seasons, his teams have ranked top-10 in rushing yards and touchdowns. Consistency was one of the more important things in this case, because he has done this without other worldly offensive line talent and QB play.

We need his run game formula on the Falcons.

Rick Dennison

Now if Zimmer (Ninja Edit 2) is fired from Minnesota, they may let go of Gary Kubiak too. In that case? We could possibly keep Morris as HC and bring in Gary Kubiak to teach Morris the ropes of being a HC while focusing on the offense, since Gary has no desire to be head coach again. Keep in mind, most of us here was clamoring for Gary until Elway chipmunk-toothed a$$ blocked the interview (Although you can argue TD's lack of patience doomed him and Quinn's tenure). Gary is the same coach that showed Kyle Shanny the ropes along with Kyle's father Mike. If not Gary, I want Rick for the sake of falling from that same zone running coaching tree, transforming our run game, and paying dividends immediately. It would allow us to possibly resign Gurley, who I feel can still carry 15-20 times a game. 

In other words, if we get the right coach (offense) there is NO reason to think that we can't make it to the playoffs next season. We tried two defensive minded HC's and neither were able to get the job done. Lets give this roster one more shot since we know Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere for AT LEAST the next two seasons. Draft one of the top offensive linemen to solidify the trenches for the next 5-6 years (and for the QB that eventually succeeds Matt Ryan) and see what kind of noise we can make.

Edited by Macintez
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People are so offended by him calling players out and calling out GMs for exaggerated use of analytics and not enough real film study. Not having real leaders and not having players. I like that alpha

Biennemy

Like I want Louis Riddick for GM

5 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I don't want to disrespect or dismiss Raheem Morris; I think he's a great Head Coach, but, at this moment I don't know what he excels at in that position. Is he great at managing the game? Making adjustments on the fly? Implementing a game plan on offense and defense? I don't know. Until that question is answered, I'm already looking forward to the next HC.

We're keeping Matt Ryan... So the question is, how can we make do with what we have and build a winning brand of football? I'll repeat what I've heard from a good bit of our very own posters.

Run game, please.

I know some posters on here are looking to Trever Lawrence or some other "Elite" prospect being drafted for the sake of reinvigorating their fandom for the franchise. However, deep down in your hearts, you know there is no guarantee of the new QB accomplishing anything outside of that, even though the media may butter them up like a Cheddar Bay Biscuit. Now, if we're wanting to focus on winning games in the immediate future, I think we should get an offensive minded HC and a GM that can pick a scouting department specializing in trench warfare. You win up front, you win games on the NFL-level period.

Speaking of trenches, my HC pick specializes in both the run game AND offensive line play. He has a storied resume and has also been a part of 3 Super Bowl winning teams. Also, in the last two seasons, his teams have ranked top-10 in rushing yards and touchdowns. Consistency was one of the more important things in this case, because he has done this without other worldly offensive line talent and QB play.

We need his run game formula on the Falcons.

Rick Dennison

Now if Zimmerman is fired from Minnesota, they may let go of Gary Kubiak too. In that case? We could possibly keep Morris as HC and bring in Gary Kubiak to teach Morris the ropes of being a HC while focusing on the offense, since Gary has no desire to be head coach again. Keep in mind, most of us here was clamoring for Gary until Elway chipmunk-toothed a$$ blocked the interview (Although you can argue TD's lack of patience doomed him and Quinn's tenure). Gary is the same coach that showed Kyle Shanny the ropes along with Kyle's father Mike. If not Gary, I want Rick for the sake of falling from that same zone running coaching tree, transforming our run game, and paying dividends immediately. It would allow us to possibly resign Gurley, who I feel can still carry 15-20 times a game. 

In other words, if we get the right coach (offense) there is NO reason to think that we can't make it to the playoffs next season. We tried two defensive minded HC's and neither were able to get the job done. Lets give this roster one more shot since we know Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere for AT LEAST the next two seasons. Draft one of the top offensive linemen to solidify the trenches for the next 5-6 years (and for the QB that eventually succeeds Matt Ryan) and see what kind of noise we can make.

I like it. But I think Matt Ryan should be a Falcon for life. Fire Arthur Blank for giving Matt Ryan Sark and Dirk Koetter as offensive coordinators.

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Biennemy

Would much rather have joe brady. Biennemy is pulling a quinn on the offensive side of the ball. Taking the coordinator from an offensive head coach with all world talent around him. That's exactly how we ended up with Quinn. Biennemy doesnt make that offense go. Reid does.

11 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He'd probably be good for our coaching staff somewhere. He has 3 rings! Maybe he's good luck for a team that needs it.

Rick Dennison enters his 2nd season as the Vikings offensive line coach and run game coordinator in 2020. In his 26th season as an NFL coach, Dennison has been part of 13 playoff appearances, 5 division titles, and 3 Super Bowl victories- XXXII, XXXIII and 50.

Dennison has been a part of winning programs throughout his career, posting a .500 or better record in 20 of his 25 NFL seasons and has 12 seasons of 10+ wins under his belt in the NFL. His 17 seasons in Denver resulted in 3 Super Bowl titles, 8 playoff appearances, 4 AFC West titles and 8 seasons of 10+ wins while only suffering 2 losing seasons.

In his 1st season with the Vikings, Dennison coached an offensive line that paved the way for 2,133 rushing yards (6th-most in NFL), the 12th-best mark in franchise history, while allowing the 5th-fewest sacks (28) in the league. The mark also tied for 8th-fewest sacks allowed in franchise history. Overall, the offensive line blocked for the Vikings' first 1,000-yard rusher since Adrian Peterson in 2015 as Dalvin Cook rushed for 1,135 yards.

How is this trash?

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Would much rather have joe brady. Biennemy is pulling a quinn on the offensive side of the ball. Taking the coordinator from an offensive head coach with all world talent around him. That's exactly how we ended up with Quinn. Biennemy doesnt make that offense go. Reid does.

I don’t know about that. I liken him to Kyle Shanahan. Quinn didn’t make the 2016 team good. Kyle did. Biennemy has been good for years. Just like Kyle was before coming here. And further to your point we could say the same about Reid. He too came from a coaching legend in Bill Walsh. Kyle comes from that same tree from his dad Mike. Holmgren and ALL the great coaches that came from the Walsh tree. Why would it be different with Biennemy? BB came from the Parcells tree. Look at him? I saw Bienemy kicking his offense @ss after sloppy play last week. And they responded by lighting it up after. Not Reid kicking @ss. HIM. I never ONCE saw Quinn kick ANYBODY in the @ss on the sideline. And I’m talking about Mahommes and hill. His star players. Called them right out on the sideline. I want that here. 

5 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Texans pretty much got Biennemy... Matt Ryan doesn't have the skill set and is too old we would be throwing away Matt Ryan's late years.

Matt can run the west coast offense. That’s the same system Biennemy/Reid run. But he actually knows how to RUN it. Unlike DK. The only difference is Matt doesn’t run like Mahonmes. But he wasn’t running in 16 either. 

15 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I get thay thought but I think he goes to the Texans. Watson is closish to Mahomet so his offense can translate eaiser

Not necessarily. Reid runs the wco. That’s what Biennemy runs. Matt knows the wco and Biennemy actually knows how to run it. Unlike DK. All the pre snap movement and play action etc...It’s all WCO. Biennemy is creative yes but it’s still wco. It’s not a Watson is the closest to run his system thing. It’s simply just the wco. Now I agree he may want to BE with Watson because of his athleticism but it’s not because he’s perfect for the system. His system is the same system that took us to the SB. 

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not necessarily. Reid runs the wco. That’s what Biennemy runs. Matt knows the wco and Biennemy actually knows how to run it. Unlike DK. All the pre snap movement and play action etc...It’s all WCO. Biennemy is creative yes but it’s still wco. It’s not a Watson is the closest to run his system thing. It’s simply just the wco. Now I agree he may want to BE with Watson because of his athleticism but it’s not because he’s perfect for the system. His system is the same system that took us to the SB. 

I just think he will want the athlete because he can focus on setting up the team as he wants with an average oline as Ryan needs a better one. I like Bienemy I just dont think it haplens.

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I don’t know about that. I liken him to Kyle Shanahan. Quinn didn’t make the 2016 team good. Kyle did. Biennemy has been good for years. Just like Kyle was before coming here. And further to your point we could say the same about Reid. He too came from a coaching legend in Bill Walsh. Kyle comes from that same tree from his dad Mike. Holmgren and ALL the great coaches that came from the Walsh tree. Why would it be different with Biennemy? BB came from the Parcells tree. Look at him? I saw Bienemy kicking his offense @ss after sloppy play last week. And they responded by lighting it up after. Not Reid kicking @ss. HIM. I never ONCE saw Quinn kick ANYBODY in the @ss on the sideline. And I’m talking about Mahommes and hill. His star players. Called them right out on the sideline. I want that here. 

You gotta think tho, if brady keeps this offense looking good, even without mccaffrey, it'd be like when san fran poached Kyle from us except it'd be a division rival. I think he's the next mcvay type honestly and we need the Panthers to not have him as much as we need to have him. 

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Matt can run the west coast offense. That’s the same system Biennemy/Reid run. But he actually knows how to RUN it. Unlike DK. The only difference is Matt doesn’t run like Mahonmes. But he wasn’t running in 16 either. 

Thank you. Bro people only see names.  Literally THE system for Ryan and “he is not a fit” lol

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Reid runs a WC route tree but the QB's operate a little more from the shotgun it's really a more evolved version that is different from Kyle Shannahan. The spread is implemented more too which is why he coveted Mahomes coming out of Texas Tech spread; No other scout even saw Mahomes as a first round pick.