Jump to content

NFL rumors: 5 most-likely Matt Ryan trade scenarios


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does none of these scenarios mention the MAJOR CAP HIT IN DEAD MONEY for us????

lol /facepalm This isn't Madden, folks!

🤡

4 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

have you seen the Pats skill positions? He would struggle mightily there

Unlikely. Belichick and McDaniels have the ability to customize a scheme to fit their personnel. They’re making Cam Newton look serviceable. They’ve hid Brady’s deterioration and elevated Garoppolo, Brissett, and Cassel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

None of these trade scenarios will make a lick of sense until we know who the head coach and offensive coordinator is for next season. Also, if Matt is such a hot ticket trade item, why wouldn't the new coaching staff just keep him? And even if they do play on moving on from Matt, you don't just get rid of him. It makes way more sense to spend a high draft pick on the heir, and let him learn under Matt until his contract is in a better place to manipulate.

I know Matt has not looked good at all under Koetter, but no one on our team has. People have such short memories. Matt is still an amazing QB, and will easily be top 10 again under a better coaching staff. You don't just unload talent like Matt Ryan.

Why in the world are so many people so **** bent on getting rid of him?

Matt still looks like a rookie out there most of the time  though. lol. But seriously, QB's dont want no **** understudy. That **** it so overrated..You learn from playing...Aaron Rodgers was an anomaly. And even then Favre wanted no part of it...

Edited by zekeyboy1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I'd much rather trade Julio than Matt.

Me too and it makes more sense but you won’t see that out of the majority of fans.  Then again most don’t understand that we’ll have a ish ton of dead cap by trading either one.  Makes very little sense to trade either at this point.  I can get on board with drafting Ryan’s replacement but whomever it is, barring injury, will sit for at least 2 years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I can get on board with drafting Ryan’s replacement but whomever it is, barring injury, will sit for at least 2 years.  

No they will not. 1 year at most. As soon as the L’s start flying in he may not even last that 8 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

If the defense doesn’t improve then it won’t matter who the QB is.  

Exactly why paying Ryan and Julio is pointless. It WONT get better with no cap space. We will continue to suck while having an ancient QB on the decline. We need to build a defense both through the draft and FA and get our future at QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Exactly why paying Ryan and Julio is pointless. It WONT get better with no cap space. We will continue to suck while having an ancient QB on the decline. We need to build a defense both through the draft and FA and get our future at QB.

With what $?  The dead money is going to cripple us.  I could see parting with one of the two and I’ll say it should be Julio.  He can’t stay healthy or get separation anymore.  QBs can play into their late 30s, WRs lose a step in their early 30s.  Not to mention any QB we draft would benefit greatly from learning from Ryan.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

With what $?  The dead money is going to cripple us.  I could see parting with one of the two and I’ll say it should be Julio.  He can’t stay healthy or get separation anymore.  QBs can play into their late 30s, WRs lose a step in their early 30s.  Not to mention any QB we draft would benefit greatly from learning from Ryan.  

We save 17m on the cap this upcoming year if we move him post 6/1. Better off gaining the cap space and eating the dead cap now rather than pushing it back. The whole reason we are in this cap situation is because TD would push all the money back with non stop restructures. Get rid of the dead weight and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We save 17m on the cap this upcoming year if we move him post 6/1. Better off gaining the cap space and eating the dead cap now rather than pushing it back. The whole reason we are in this cap situation is because TD would push all the money back with non stop restructures. Get rid of the dead weight and move on.

Who's going to trade for a qb after most of the off season program and the draft is over? The answer is nobody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Who's going to trade for a qb after most of the off season program and the draft is over? The answer is nobody.

1) Teams agree to trades before then and wait to make it “official” until the date needed to make the cap work.
 

2) Plenty of teams will want a QB in the draft. Not all will get one.
 

3) A QB can go down in The offseason or preseason. In September 2016 Eagles traded Bradford for a 1st round pick to Minnesota After Teddy went down with a season ending injury. Guess why the Eagles traded him? They took Wentz with the 2nd overall pick in the draft a few months prior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Why does none of these scenarios mention the MAJOR CAP HIT IN DEAD MONEY for us????

If Falcons trade MR / JJ and any other vet asset, they will be going into a prolonged rebuild and will not be looking to sign big FA for 2-3 years at least. Plenty of time to absorb the stinking cap hits of previous regime

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...