Which offensive coordinators do you think would be the best fit for Matt Ryan and our offense?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Matt Ryan is going to be our QB for the next few years it should be a WCO.

I think it's been obvious for about half a decade that McDaniels is sticking around to inherit the Patriots from The Lord.  

Josh McDaniels. He's shown that he can tailor his offense to a QBs strengths and his offense is balanced. Cam looked real good before he was put on the covid list. 

3 hours ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Josh McDaniels. He's shown that he can tailor his offense to a QBs strengths and his offense is balanced. Cam looked real good before he was put on the covid list. 

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/17/louis-riddick-was-very-very-close-to-joining-49ers-with-josh-mcdaniels/

One thing I'd like to add. If the Falcons hire Louis Riddick they may also hire McDaniels. And vice versa. Both almost went to the 49ers in 2017. Riddick says in this article that he and McDaniels are philosophically similar

5 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

NO THEY DIDNT

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/1/6/18170794/report-atlanta-falcons-request-interview-with-gary-kubiak-though-denver-doesnt-allow

THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO INTERVIEW HIM

How can you hire someone you can’t speak to? Please explain that to me.

Right. 

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ok, so I never denied us being blocked from Kubiak. I read they mutually agreed to part ways shortly after. He left Denver after ALL teams got blocked from interviewing. Seems like he wanted out and had interest outside of Denver. In the end, if our PLAN was Koetter as A or B it’s still bad to force Dirk to run Kyle’s system. If we want to get real, Dan should’ve or could’ve tried promoting within and never even gone to Sark.

Whoever made the ultimatum or influenced the decision to fire Sark after all of that, was asking for regression. Not fixing the OL troubles from 2018 FOR Steve was just dumb. We had no RB1 and a miscast of OL/no run game but Matt has his 2nd most productive season ever. Just 2 years ago now.

Not trying to force that we WOULD have gotten Gary, but it’s just more nonsense around the OC blunders post-Kyle.

That’s Not how it went. Kubaik was the first target as per sources at that time. Den blocked it and Falcons didn’t know if he was going to be available. 
Revisionist history at its finest. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Right. 

That’s Not how it went. Kubaik was the first target as per sources at that time. Den blocked it and Falcons didn’t know if he was going to be available. 
Revisionist history at its finest. 

Probably. That’s how I remember it, too.

But, these writers and their sources revealed more than just Kubiak being interested. It shed light on the FO making decision on Dirk FOR Ryan without EVEN consulting him. Rofl.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Probably. That’s how I remember it, too.

But, these writers and their sources revealed more than just Kubiak being interested. It shed light on the FO making decision on Dirk FOR Ryan without EVEN consulting him. Rofl.

Well writers have to write and stir pot. They have short window for speculation after coaches get fired.

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Well writers have to write and stir pot. They have short window for speculation after coaches get fired.

True. It’s not conclusive for sure. Just would be more reason behind why things have gone south. Some merit to the idea AB was involved in the Dirk idea post Kubiak...why rush though? If he was their primary...if you think about it that was weird to just run and grab Dirk immediately after being denied Kubiak. Desperation hire at best. Then, when things got to 1-7 and AB came out and said “continuity”...McKay steps in as a mediator suddenly instead of directly dealing with TD & DQ...

Edited by Ergo Proxy