• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joy Taylor is way too distracting. I did not hear a word he said.

When has Ryan had everything perfect, the year he won the MVP? I guess he needs everything to be perfect to win a MVP and win a Super Bowl (**** you Quinn/Shanny). Ryan made Harry Douglas a 1,000

There are few media types that I have respect for.   This jack *** is not one of them.

Posted Images

Hooray!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes that Matt Ryan is as good as his record.  A new scheme and and 54 new players won't change anything offensively.  Matt's a hero and he deserves to be honored for all he has done up through 2016 season.  He absolutely will never see postseason again.  Look, we all hate the Saints but they won yesterday largely because Brees took control of the game.  Matt Ryan hasn't taken total ownership of a game in 4 years.  But let's see what happens.  There are easily 10, maybe 15 great QBs going into the draft.  

41 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Completely agree with Cowherd on the league becoming more dynamic. I don’t agree with the notion that Ryan needs everything perfect. He’s spot on with everything else though. 

I agree with that too

Edited by cpm
58 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Completely agree with Cowherd on the league becoming more dynamic. I don’t agree with the notion that Ryan needs everything perfect. He’s spot on with everything else though. 

When has Ryan had everything perfect, the year he won the MVP? I guess he needs everything to be perfect to win a MVP and win a Super Bowl (**** you Quinn/Shanny).

Ryan made Harry Douglas a 1,000 yard receiver and has succeeded with no running game, no defense, and average offensive lines. He has been a very successful QB in spite of the hands he has been dealt. He has three dubious records:

Highest QB rating in Super Bowl for losing QB

Highest QB rating in Championship game for losing team

Highest QB rating for a team with losing record

Ryan has not played well this year, but he still has some years left in him with the right coaching.

Patrick Maholmes and Lamar Jackson aren't successful just because of their scrambling abilities. They are successful because their team built offenses that play to the strengths of their offense. We need a coaching staff that can come in and put together offenses/defenses that highlight our strengths. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

There are few media types that I have respect for.

This jack *** is not one of them.

well if he was on here raving about how Matt Ryan was one of the best and how the falcons are such a great team , then would you like him ??? I don't have a problem with people speaking truth.. even if it's against my team .  the truth is the truth , no matter what I feel about the person saying it. 

6 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

well if he was on here raving about how Matt Ryan was one of the best and how the falcons are such a great team , then would you like him ??? I don't have a problem with people speaking truth.. even if it's against my team .  the truth is the truth , no matter what I feel about the person saying it. 

No....no I wouldn't.

And he is an idiot..there is no truth to what he speaks.

He once called Matt Ryan "Andy Dalton in a done"

Matt Ryan.....the guy who is top 15 in winning percentage in nfl history and top 10 in nearly every single  category in nfl history.

Herd is a shock jock who likes the sound of his own voice.

3 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Hooray!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes that Matt Ryan is as good as his record.  A new scheme and and 54 new players won't change anything offensively.  Matt's a hero and he deserves to be honored for all he has done up through 2016 season.  He absolutely will never see postseason again.  Look, we all hate the Saints but they won yesterday largely because Brees took control of the game.  Matt Ryan hasn't taken total ownership of a game in 4 years.  But let's see what happens.  There are easily 10, maybe 15 great QBs going into the draft.  

Playing called makes a world of difference, look at bakers mayfield from last year to this year......Matt Ryan is still the same QB he was in 2016 just shanahanless......

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

No....no I wouldn't.

And he is an idiot..there is no truth to what he speaks.

He once called Matt Ryan "Andy Dalton in a done"

Matt Ryan.....the guy who is top 15 in winning percentage in nfl history and top 10 in nearly every single  category in nfl history.

Herd is a shock jock who likes the sound of his own voice.

Well, to be honest I'm not a big fan of his show either... But when it comes to Matt Ryan, I just think some Atlanta fans overrate him. I'm a falcon fan I'm a Matt Ryan fan, but I see his play declining. He's not a playmaker, when a play breaks down he usually just throws the ball away, and he's most definitely not a game changer. And the only reason he won MVP was because of Kyle shanahan. Again I'm a fan of Matt Ryan, but I'm not going to overrate him just because he's the quarterback of my team. 

1 hour ago, AxManBigFan said:

Playing called makes a world of difference, look at bakers mayfield from last year to this year......Matt Ryan is still the same QB he was in 2016 just shanahanless......

Bake is a great example of a leader, now that you mention it.   He represents the most of what we are missing.  Chip on your shoulder player who is going to grunt it out and find a way to prove he's a winner.  Before you blast, I did not say he's the best ever.  Just that nobody is going to keep him down.  And if he has to go against a stupid play call to move the chains he will do it.  And if it doesn't work he'll take the ball and go.  He's a football player.  And when Freddie Kitchens got in the way of his success, guess what?  He pressured management to fix the problem.  And nothing happens overnight in this league, too many moving parts.  But the Browns, The Cleveland Browns, are 4-1 and the Atlanta Falcons are 0-5 coming off back to back 7-9. 

The biggest difference between the Browns today and the last couple seasons is that Mayfield was cut loose to manage the quick calls.  He's making some of the clutch decisions.  Van Pelt and Stefanski know exactly what they have in Baker.  I admit to having a soft spot for the Browns, talk about a fan base that has been unwavering for life.  You gotta love how they have stuck it out for so long.

Now back to the point, No, Matt Ryan is slower this year than he was last year, and slower last year than he was in 2018.  

Since you mentioned 2016, remember the Super Bowl?  I watched the whole game.  It was awesome.  Until somebody decided it wasn't a good idea to run clock.  Until somebody went 3 and out on pass plays.  Somebody who you are implying is a leader blew that game when he had the clean opportunity of a lifetime to choke out the clock.  Instead, we punted and left the GOAT plenty time to tie the game.  Remember that game?  That was Matt Ryan who created the legend of not being able to convert 3rd downs and not commanding the clock in the most critical game.  His pressure decision making skills have declined.  This can be clearly documented using W/L ratio.  You are your record in this game.  Cruel as that may be, it's the truth.  As true as it is that the game has advanced and grown beyond man like Dan Quinn, it has grown beyond our hero, Matt Ryan.  Retire his jersey before he clams 3 more seasons.  

The Cleveland Browns made the right changes and they are 4-1, the tossed Dallas around like luggage.   The Browns are better because they got out from under some poor coaching, but the Browns even in their 0-16 season never got really blown out very often, they have good players, we have some good players.  The difference between the Browns and Bake and the Falcons and Ryan is the Browns have an on field leader who is going to find a way to be successful no matter what.  The Falcons have a very accurate plant-footed pocket passer who can throw a rope if he has enough time and doesn't have to move or make any snap decisions.

My lifelong only team, the Falcons, are 0-5 and 7-9, 7-9.  What are you seeing that I am not seeing?  All I see to the contrary is "I like Ryan, we went to the Super Bowl a long time ago and he was the quarterback."  Show me some evidence that he's been anything but barely adequate in the last 3 seasons.   And yes, I know he used to be great and has set records.  But he is his record today and he was his record last year.  It's Football.

Edited by Killing Floor
5 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Bake is a great example of a leader, now that you mention it.   He represents the most of what we are missing.  Chip on your shoulder player who is going to grunt it out and find a way to prove he's a winner.  Before you blast, I did not say he's the best ever.  Just that nobody is going to keep him down.  And if he has to go against a stupid play call to move the chains he will do it.  And if it doesn't work he'll take the ball and go.  He's a football player.  And when Freddie Kitchens got in the way of his success, guess what?  He pressured management to fix the problem.  And nothing happens overnight in this league, too many moving parts.  But the Browns, The Cleveland Browns, are 4-1 and the Atlanta Falcons are 0-5 coming off back to back 7-9. 

The biggest difference between the Browns today and the last couple seasons is that Mayfield was cut loose to manage the quick calls.  He's making some of the clutch decisions.  Van Pelt and Stefanski know exactly what they have in Baker.  I admit to having a soft spot for the Browns, talk about a fan base that has been unwavering for life.  You gotta love how they have stuck it out for so long.

Now back to the point, No, Matt Ryan is slower this year than he was last year, and slower last year than he was in 2018.  

Since you mentioned 2016, remember the Super Bowl?  I watched the whole game.  It was awesome.  Until somebody decided it wasn't a good idea to run clock.  Until somebody went 3 and out on pass plays.  Somebody who you are implying is a leader blew that game when he had the clean opportunity of a lifetime to choke out the clock.  Instead, we punted and left the GOAT plenty time to tie the game.  Remember that game?  That was Matt Ryan who created the legend of not being able to convert 3rd downs and not commanding the clock in the most critical game.  His pressure decision making skills have declined.  This can be clearly documented using W/L ratio.  You are your record in this game.  Cruel as that may be, it's the truth.  As true as it is that the game has advanced and grown beyond man like Dan Quinn, it has grown beyond our hero, Matt Ryan.  Retire his jersey before he clams 3 more seasons.  

The Cleveland Browns made the right changes and they are 4-1, the tossed Dallas around like luggage.   The Browns are better because they got out from under some poor coaching, but the Browns even in their 0-16 season never got really blown out very often, they have good players, we have some good players.  The difference between the Browns and Bake and the Falcons and Ryan is the Browns have an on field leader who is going to find a way to be successful no matter what.  The Falcons have a very accurate plant-footed pocket passer who can throw a rope if he has enough time and doesn't have to move or make any snap decisions.

My lifelong only team, the Falcons, are 0-5 and 7-9, 7-9.  What are you seeing that I am not seeing?  All I see to the contrary is "I like Ryan, we went to the Super Bowl a long time ago and he was the quarterback."  Show me some evidence that he's been anything but barely adequate in the last 3 seasons.   And yes, I know he used to be great and has set records.  But he is his record today and he was his record last year.  It's Football.

I agree with you on a lot of these points. But Ryan is still a better QB then baker Mayfield every day of the week. He just needs to have better play calling and a defense. When a team has a good defense. It takes a ton of pressure of the QB. I don’t want our franchise to do Ryan dirty like we did Roddy. Ryan is the Falcon Goat and we should all give the man some respect. I also try believe he can play at an all pro level.

11 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

The Browns got better because of coaching period. They haven't cut Baker loose WTH? The truth is they are asking him to do less this season their offense flows through the running game and defense not Baker. Did you even watch the cowboys game? They rushed for over 300 yards, when the game was on the line and they needed a score they stuck to the ground game they didn't put the ball in Baker's hands. They lead the league in rushing for crying out loud. what a ridiculous comparison lol

16 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

So the comment was about the coach and GM getting canned and all Cowturd can do is rant about Ryan? lol ok

Neither of them are very bright but I guess Bayless and Bedwetter can't be the only bozos in the biz

Never liked Cowherd. He really likes to hear himself talk. So much that the contents of his speeches don't really matter to him, he just needs to keep yappin'. Ugh!

4 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

The Browns got better because of coaching period. They haven't cut Baker loose WTH? The truth is they are asking him to do less this season their offense flows through the running game and defense not Baker. Did you even watch the cowboys game? They rushed for over 300 yards, when the game was on the line and they needed a score they stuck to the ground game they didn't put the ball in Baker's hands. They lead the league in rushing for crying out loud. what a ridiculous comparison lol

Yay, this is awesome.  We both want the same thing.  

The comparisons in box stats between the Kins last game (CAR) and the Browns this week are almost identical, in fact, the pass/comp% is exactly the same, the totals ground and air are within a few points.  The difference in the game is 3rd down conversions.  That's when leadership and frankly, courage comes in.  With better coaching, better or best O line, Julio improving his attitude, better D and better special teams Matt Ryan will still never step out of the pocket to save the game.  And no, he won't.  And just for clarification, no.  The Browns have better coaching, yes.  But their QB is a leader and can and does make clutch decisions.  Did you watch any of the Falcons games this year?  If you want to believe we are 0-5 just because DQ and his staff told Ryan he couldn't take care of business that's your prerogative.  If I want to say that 1 yard to carry with no defender within 20' wins the game and our gutless Brian Hoyer won't make that effort, that's my prerogative.  We both want the same thing, for the Falcons to represent us the way we know they can.  But it's nothing short of blind loyalty to say that the leader of the offense carries no blame for 0-5.  Furthermore, 0-5 shows how little accountability there is after the last 2 seasons.  So I'll say it again so you can respond with why you like him anyway and so should I and I'm stupid for pointing out the very obvious.  Matt Ryan is not a leader.  Great pocket passer, one of the best.  Great pocket passers haven't won seasons in a very long time.  He deserves the respect that he earned through the 2017 season.  And he deserves his share of responsibility for the last 3 seasons as well.  Matt Ryan is as good as his record.  And it's cool to love him anyway.  3 more years of this is an eternity.