Jump to content

As bad as Quinn was.......Dimi was worse! De'Vondre Campbell: The One that Never Should have Gotten Away


Recommended Posts

 
 
De'Vondre Campbell collected eight solo tackles and one assist during Sunday's 30-10 win against the Jets.

With another strong showing on the stat sheet Week 5, Campbell now has nine-plus tackles in three of his past four outings. Campbell was a tackling machine during his final campaign with the Falcons as well, recording 19 more takedowns than any player for Atlanta last year (129 total tackles).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lostnmexico said:
 
 
De'Vondre Campbell collected eight solo tackles and one assist during Sunday's 30-10 win against the Jets.

With another strong showing on the stat sheet Week 5, Campbell now has nine-plus tackles in three of his past four outings. Campbell was a tackling machine during his final campaign with the Falcons as well, recording 19 more takedowns than any player for Atlanta last year (129 total tackles).

You're going to get flamed for this thread. But I couldn't agree more and there are PLENTY of times last year I told posters the same thing here. Dre is a really good friend of mine but outside of that a **** of a player. Inside info for you. He WANTED to be here long term, he was never even offered a contract after being told he would at least get an offer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jetpac said:

You're going to get flamed for this thread. But I couldn't agree more and there are PLENTY of times last year I told posters the same thing here. Dre is a really good friend of mine but outside of that a **** of a player. Inside info for you. He WANTED to be here long term, he was never even offered a contract after being told he would at least get an offer.

I heard the same thing...that he wanted to be  Falcon for life!   Its so nice to see what Campbell can do in a fundamentally sound defense.........I am so happy that he has found a role in Arizona and so sad that he was totally unappreciated by an organization with misplaced loyalties.

Edited by lostnmexico
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He had the chance to be a leader and a playmaker in2018 when Debo went down.

He failed.

 

Failed at what?   Being Debo?  Thats unrealistic to believe that he can be something he is not but to say he failed as a leader and a playmaker, i think that is completely false.  As stated, he made more tackles than any other Falcon and if that is failure, then the roster is full of bigger failures than him!

Campbell was a tackling machine during his final campaign with the Falcons as well, recording 19 more takedowns than any player for Atlanta last year (129 total tackles).

Edited by lostnmexico
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Here's another inside nugget from a player that is currently on the team that I will not name. 

"DQ doesn't play the BEST players, it is always politics"

Another one from almost four years ago from a player I can't name.

"Vic is lazy as ****"..

 

I’ve been saying this for the longest. I believe they are played according to their draft position.... Now we have a team full of players from the first round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

All this still falls on Quinn ... If you think for a second that TD told Quinn who he had to play or not to play , then you're totally misinformed..this roster was all Quinn ....

Thank GOD the jettisonned BOTH of them.  You may be right as evidenced by the improved play exhibited by Duke Riley in Philly, Ryan Neal, Ben Garland, Mike Person......The list goes on.  The coaching was obviously and immensely bad!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I swear the fans we have are the worst ever. They hate a player when he is here, everyone agrees not to resign him and let him go, the FO does. That said player then goes to a decent team and performs about the same he did here, the fans then say wow we have a terrible organization for letting go of players. Cant write this nonsense any better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

He had a down down in coverage last year....got burned a lot... But we see that was scheme..not the player

This is something that I think a lot of people miss around here.  They see the offensive or defensive unit play bad and use that to pick on their player of choice but to me, when there are major problems are as broad as they have been for the Falcons people should be looking a lot harder at the coaches than the players.  How many times have we seen a player, players, or a whole unit make a complete 180 after a coach or coaches are finally gone.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Here's another inside nugget from a player that is currently on the team that I will not name. 

"DQ doesn't play the BEST players, it is always politics"

Another one from almost four years ago from a player I can't name.

"Vic is lazy as ****"..

 

I suppose as the head coach if you really want to run a team like that, it's your decision.  But when you get fired better look in the mirror when wondering who to blame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

I heard the same thing...that he wanted to be  Falcon for life!   Its so nice to see what Campbell can do in a fundamentally sound defense.........I am so happy that he has found a role in Arizona and so sad that he was totally unappreciated by an organization with misplaced loyalties.

I mentioned Campbell in a similar light in one of my replies on other topics last night. He didn't show the "flash" in year one or two that Jones and Neal did. He was always destined to be the odd man out when they had to start paying the young group of defenders (Neal, Jones, Jarrett, Campbell). Sad thing is, he showed more growth through his rookie contract that any of them. As I noted yesterday he doesn't have the raw speed of Neal or Jones, but he has the best overall blend of speed and power of the bunch. People like to point to one play where Cook beat him down the seam last year instead of how he shut down most TEs and RBs he ever had to look at in pass coverage. 

It shows both the importance of and flaws in first impressions on the human mind. When presented with slow and steady progress over years, their is no one moment that shakes the casual observer off of their first impression. I personally posted a number of times in his first year that  his instincts were too slow and he got lost in space when asked to play zone coverage. By year four, all of that was gone from his game. His instincts were obviously never bad, he just had to think more early on. Once he got the reps in, he was a different player. Best of luck to him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcndave said:

I mentioned Campbell in a similar light in one of my replies on other topics last night. He didn't show the "flash" in year one or two that Jones and Neal did. He was always destined to be the odd man out when they had to start paying the young group of defenders (Neal, Jones, Jarrett, Campbell). Sad thing is, he showed more growth through his rookie contract that any of them. As I noted yesterday he doesn't have the raw speed of Neal or Jones, but he has the best overall blend of speed and power of the bunch. People like to point to one play where Cook beat him down the seam last year instead of how he shut down most TEs and RBs he ever had to look at in pass coverage. 

It shows both the importance of and flaws in first impressions on the human mind. When presented with slow and steady progress over years, their is no one moment that shakes the casual observer off of their first impression. I personally posted a number of times in his first year that  his instincts were too slow and he got lost in space when asked to play zone coverage. By year four, all of that was gone from his game. His instincts were obviously never bad, he just had to think more early on. Once he got the reps in, he was a different player. Best of luck to him!

What about the trillion of plays where he blew his assignment? 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL at all this newfound love for Dre Campbell. 
 

Cambell was and still is a mid-tier LBer. You don’t keep those guys, you replace them with younger cheaper versions.

Expecting a ‘Duke Riley is doing great in philly’ thread sometime soon, even though he still sux there as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

You guys think TD just let Campbell walk without Quinn having input?

Hey man, why do you have to ruin the party with facts?

DQ set the final roster so he's the one who felt okay releasing Cambell and the one who retained Beasely because he thought he could transform Beas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...