• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely agree!! Falcons need to spend their pending top 5 pick on an immediate impact player and you ain't getting that drafting Fields or Lawrence. If the Falcons end up with pick 1 or 2 then they

It means we have a legend QB who needs to retire because he is terrible at football today but that we should honor and respect the fact that he used to be great and has done many great things for the

Based off what we have seen so far from Herbert I would agree as higher than Tua but going into the draft Tua was the higher rated prospect. Lance is extremely raw and faced low end competition,

Posted Images

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Not sure if Lawrence would have gone over Burrow after that historic season and championship. Would have been 1A and 1B. 

1A Burrow
1B Lawrence
3 Fields
4 Tua
5 Herbert
6 Lance
7 Love

Lawrence would have been drafted ahead of Burrow.  I would put Tua under Herbert and Lance.    Tua's injury history just doesn't justify him being high on any list.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Lawrence would have been drafted ahead of Burrow.  I would put Tua under Herbert and Lance.    Tua's injury history just doesn't justify him being high on any list.

Based off what we have seen so far from Herbert I would agree as higher than Tua but going into the draft Tua was the higher rated prospect.

Lance is extremely raw and faced low end competition, Even with the injury concerns of Tua I would still place him higher than Lance.

14 minutes ago, vitaman said:

If Lance, Fields, and Lawrence had been in last year or year before's draft, where would they have been projected to come off the Board?

Lawrence and Burrow would have had a 1A/1B scenario. With a slight edge going to Lawrence. Tua stays the same. Fields would have probably been drafted around Herbert’s pick. GB would have probably traded up for Herbert. Lance drops to the end of the 1st and gets picked up by NE. 

I’ve always enjoyed watching Clemson and Lawrence’s freshman year was stellar indeed. However I’ve watched all 3 games this year of him and I still don’t know how I feel on TL... he throws a lot of quick screens and his receivers do a lot for his stats. I’m unsure if I see the NFL progression in his game. He does throw a beautiful deep ball but the jury is still out about his intermediate and progression game. 

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Based off what we have seen so far from Herbert I would agree as higher than Tua but going into the draft Tua was the higher rated prospect.

Lance is extremely raw and faced low end competition, Even with the injury concerns of Tua I would still place him higher than Lance.

meh....yes, I am basing my info of Herbert over Tua with data through today.   Tua may end up being great in the NFL but it is a lonely place to be as a HC and GM when your star QB gets hurt every year and misses 4+ games/season.

I am solid on Lawrence/Fields.....don't know much about Lance yet.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

meh....yes, I am basing my info of Herbert over Tua with data through today.   Tua may end up being great in the NFL but it is a lonely place to be as a HC and GM when your star QB gets hurt every year and misses 4+ games/season.

Fair enough. Tua does need to prove he can stay healthy. Dolphins are wise in letting him learn year 1 and make sure hes 10000% healthy before trotting him out there.

I am all in on Fields. I think Lawrence is a lock to Jets as they are so bad and will be lucky to win 1 game with their schedule.

16 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Fair enough. Tua does need to prove he can stay healthy. Dolphins are wise in letting him learn year 1 and make sure hes 10000% healthy before trotting him out there.

I am all in on Fields. I think Lawrence is a lock to Jets as they are so bad and will be lucky to win 1 game with their schedule.

My kids go to Harrison HS (Kennesaw, GA - Hoya, Hoya, Saxa!!!) - watched Fields live in about 8 games over two years.   He literally has it all.   Probably has more raw talent than Lawrence....Lots of people try and compare him to Cam Newton.   Fields is big and physical but not as big as Cam - Fields is much more accurate than Cam.

My comparison is Fields is a more physical version of DeSean Watson.   Is he perfect? No....has some more development to go and Ohio State runs a very basic system - but talent is oozing out of Fields' body - he is smart - good student and comes from a good family - dad was former military and police officer and was school resource officer at Harrison HS.      Fields isn't overly polished as a speaker and maybe still needs to mature a bit - but everything you need is there.   He is also a very accurate passer.

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Tua hasn’t missed 4+ games, per season, in college. He missed 4.5 games total in his college career. With the bulk majority coming from his most recent injury, which was a freak injury.

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Tua hasn’t missed 4+ games, per season, in college. He missed 4.5 games total in his college career. With the bulk majority coming from his most recent injury, which was a freak injury.

yeah because he got injured late in the season.  ;) 

17 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I suspect we see Tua after the Dolphins’ bye week. Fitzpatrick is too erratic. Seen every Dolphins’ game. They have weapons and their line is decent. They have no run game and don’t utilize Brieda enough. Gesicki is a beast and can give Tua a great safety valve too. He’ll be in a good position to succeed. 

Not really a fan of Fields. Schematically I think he’ll struggle on the pro level much like Haskins. 

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

My kids go to Harrison HS (Kennesaw, GA - Hoya, Hoya, Saxa!!!) - watched Fields live in about 8 games over two years.   He literally has it all.   Probably has more raw talent than Lawrence....Lots of people try and compare him to Cam Newton.   Fields is big and physical but not as big as Cam - Fields is much more accurate than Cam.

My comparison is Fields is a more physical version of DeSean Watson.   Is he perfect? No....has some more development to go and Ohio State runs a very basic system - but talent is oozing out of Fields' body - he is smart - good student and comes from a good family - dad was former military and police officer and was school resource officer at Harrison HS.      Fields isn't overly polished as a speaker and maybe still needs to mature a bit - but everything you need is there.   He is also a very accurate passer.

Man, would love to get Fields. I knew Georgia was making a mistake in letting him go. I remember you and I agreeing that he would light it up at Ohio State. This would bee my first pick. I know many are high on Lawrence, but I prefer Fields

yeah because he got injured late in the season.  ;) 

Yeah but he still played 15 games in between, which means it’s still not 4+ games per year 😉.

Games missed aren’t quantified by what you could have missed; only by what you actually missed. I see a lot of hate on Tua on these boards. I’m curious as to how much of that is based off the 2018 National Championship. 

Was really fun to watch Herbert yesterday. 

Anyway there are probably 10 QB who are serious draft prospects after this season.  We’ll see. 

Some of the big names honestly might not translate to NFL success because of the usual differences. But I’ll be interested to see how things sort out after the crazy season and if there is a live combine. Fingers crossed.  We at least need to be grooming someone. 

I don’t see a Ryan getting benched any time soon. But as slow as he is, with our O line caving I hope he can stay safe. We need ole 56%/no TD to stay healthy to keep us in the hunt. 

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Yeah but he still played 15 games in between, which means it’s still not 4+ games per year 😉.

Games missed aren’t quantified by what you could have missed; only by what you actually missed. I see a lot of hate on Tua on these boards. I’m curious as to how much of that is based off the 2018 National Championship. 

Nah, there is no personal grudge against Tua.   Ask anyone on this board - my college fandom stops at NFL Draft day.  I will draft Gators, LSU Tigers, Auburn(War Eagle!), etc.

Tua has phenomenal arm talent and he may be a superstar.   His injury he is coming off and the two ankles - that’s a lot to already have before you even start your NFL career.

Nah, there is no personal grudge against Tua.   Ask anyone on this board - my college fandom stops at NFL Draft day.  I will draft Gators, LSU Tigers, Auburn(War Eagle!), etc.

Tua has phenomenal arm talent and he may be a superstar.   His injury he is coming off and the two ankles - that’s a lot to already have before you even start your NFL career.

I can agree that’s a lot, however I see a double standard. The year that Gurley was being drafted no one said anything about his injuries, and people wanted us to select him 8th overall. Lol

Not especially crazy about any QB after Lawrence and Fields.

Some upside guys:

- Kyle Trask, Florida
- Trey Lance, NDSU
- Zach Wilson, BYU
- Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
- Mac Jones, Alabama

Some 2021 guys I really like: 

- Phil Jurkovec, Boston College
- Kedon Slovis, USC
- Sam Howell, UNC
- Dorian Thompson Robinson, UCLA
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss