ESPN on Ryan’s future in Atlanta

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Stupid take by Booger.

if Falcons in position to take Lawrence, Fields or Lance - you do it.

Matt Ryan is dayum good QB but he is closer to the past than the future.

Literally THE only factors in the equation. If a team offered several picks to move up for one of them; you draft the best remaining QB and say keep those 3 first round picks...THIS QB is a sure thing. We can’t win with Matt as it is. A new coaching staff won’t change that.

Am I doing it right? :ninja:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hes right. I am a big Ryan guy and I hear it every day but even with a rookie you keep Ryan in 2021 to teach the young kid then 2022 we see how 2021 went

This team was INCREDIBLY fortunate to land Matt Ryan immediately after the Michael Vick saga. This fan base doesn't even realize it. Teams like Miami, Cleveland, Buffalo and even Denver have honestly

Guys calm down.... this is the Falcons we are talking about...    we will have the first pick until we win our last 3 meaningless games to get the 7th pick.. 🤪 sorry not sorry

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Literally THE only factors in the equation. If a team offered several picks to move up for one of them; you draft the best remaining QB and say keep those 3 first round picks...THIS QB is a sure thing. We can’t win with Matt as it is. A new coaching staff won’t change that.

Am I doing it right? :ninja:

Yes

2 hours ago, Trump MAGA said:

I was just confirming that even coming off a nightmare season where culture change Is needed, coaching change is needed, and with a rookie QB in place, any turnaround is possible. 

I honestly don't know what would be more appealing to a potential coach, having a 36 year old Matt Ryan on the decline or a chance to draft a Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

6 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

I see what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree. But if some team out there will give up a king's ransom for our top pick it would be hard to say no. A new GM/HC would love a mountain of picks to build with. I guess that would be the middle ground, strengthen the team around the QB as much as possible, THEN you go get your guy.

You hit the nail on the head. Thats the formula to win a championship these days. 

Pretty much how everyone with the exception of NE has managed to win.

9 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Hes right. I am a big Ryan guy and I hear it every day but even with a rookie you keep Ryan in 2021 to teach the young kid then 2022 we see how 2021 went

Yep drafting a qb doesn't mean Ryan's gone.  Plus justin fields could use a year to develop

Chill... We are not parting ways with Ryan. At least not yet.

And what is Arthur supposed to say? He cannot guarantee Matt a place on the roster, as that would interfere with the job of the yet-to-be-hired GM and coach. No need for Arthur to imply that the next GM/coach hires won't have total autonomy regarding personnel. That will just make the positions less attractive for potential candidates.

8 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

I see what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree. But if some team out there will give up a king's ransom for our top pick it would be hard to say no. A new GM/HC would love a mountain of picks to build with. I guess that would be the middle ground, strengthen the team around the QB as much as possible, THEN you go get your guy.

Exactly. Plus we aren’t going to go 0-16. Getting Quinn out of there is going to make a bigger difference than fans realize right now.

Folks acting like Ryan is washed up are over-reacting to a bad first 1/3 of season of bad head coaching.

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Stupid take by Booger.

if Falcons in position to take Lawrence, Fields or Lance - you do it.

Matt Ryan is dayum good QB but he is closer to the past than the future.

This I love Ryan but I can see a decline in his play this year. If we get a shot at Lawrence, Fields or Lance you gotta pull the trigger

10 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

^Pretty much this. I love me some Ice but if we have the chance to get Lwrence we'd be fools not to go for it.  I think he is a generational talent and the arm Ice wishes he had. The deep ball would be back in Atlantie...👍

46 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I thought it was an excellent take.

And none of those 3 guys are sure things.

nothing ever is a sure thing.

I will take my chances with hitting the re-set button and drafting a new QB.....we fared well 12 years ago with that decision.   If you believe the Falcons are in some mythical "2 year window" then I certainly understand staying with Matt.    I have no such illusions.

If the Falcons are in a position to draft those guys - you do it - period.

10 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

This I love Ryan but I can see a decline in his play this year. If we get a shot at Lawrence, Fields or Lance you gotta pull the trigger

obviously you love Ryan - you have had that pic of Ryan on phone when drafted for years.     I love Ryan as well and have two jerseys to prove it.    Matt Ryan has some good years left but he is gradually declining - very gradual.

If you get a chance to draft a POTENTIAL franchise QB - you do it.   Not every QB drafted in 1st round meets the definition of "franchise QB".    There are at least two in this upcoming draft that check the boxes for me - possibly a third but it is early in the process of evaluation on him.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

obviously you love Ryan - you have had that pic of Ryan on phone when drafted for years.     I love Ryan as well and have two jerseys to prove it.    Matt Ryan has some good years left but he is gradually declining - very gradual.

If you get a chance to draft a POTENTIAL franchise QB - you do it.   Not every QB drafted in 1st round meets the definition of "franchise QB".    There are at least two in this upcoming draft that check the boxes for me - possibly a third but it is early in the process of evaluation on him.

Lol true I put that pic up right after he was drafted and will not take it down until he's retired or replaced. I agree it's a very minimal decline and he has a few good years left. Which two check your boxes for me I rank them 

1 Lawrence

2 Fields

3 Lance

13 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Absolutely right.  I see him here in 2021.  2022 He would either be gone or transitioning / splitting time with a young guy.

Now, if somebody wants to trade for Ryan in 2021, the Falcons will listen.  If the Falcons are picking 6th and need to pick 2nd or 3rd to get a young QB, you can bet Ryan and everyone outside of Ridley will be trade bait

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Random question, am I the only person in the country that hates Lawrence’s throwing motion lol?

Phillip Rivers has a terrible motion. I would take him in his Prime lol .... 

But in all honesty, we are the Falcons. Not sure why we are getting excited over a QB.... You know Raheem is about to spark some emotion and we will win 6 meaningless games and take ourselves out of the top 8. 

8 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Random question, am I the only person in the country that hates Lawrence’s throwing motion lol?

I will say this, I like Fields better than Lawrence.  Lawrence is big and has been successful on a great team.  I just don't sense that he has that "it" factor.  I don't feel that he is going to be great on the next level.  Something about him seems very ordinary.  I feel about him like I felt about Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler.  I recognize what he is done, he is a local guy so I want him to do well.  Just don't see it at this point.

Edited by isproab
3 hours ago, niels petersen said:

Chill... We are not parting ways with Ryan. At least not yet.

And what is Arthur supposed to say? He cannot guarantee Matt a place on the roster, as that would interfere with the job of the yet-to-be-hired GM and coach. No need for Arthur to imply that the next GM/coach hires won't have total autonomy regarding personnel. That will just make the positions less attractive for potential candidates.

blank has finally learned to  not say "Falcon For Life". Better late tha never.