Rich McKay - “The GM will have final say on personnel and they’ll report to me”....

2 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I think it's better that they report to someone that knows something about football instead of reporting directly to Blank.

I think that was a big problem wit Blank becoming to involved with everyone's lifestyle and them being like family to him. It made it harder for him to fire them.

^^^What he said....I think McKay will be ok. He said in the PC you gotta let the GM do his job. He cant do any worse than AB

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

:barf:

Yeah i already dont like that...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.if we are cleaning house we are cleaning house of all these policies and procedures..let the new coach and GM make there own.no hands on them at all and no meddling whether in person or though media.looking at you Arthur..just provide the funds and look pretty

52 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We need to find a very, very strong GM that wont be afraid to stand toe-to-toe with McKay.

Any “real” GM w the sack required is gonna look at this and tell AB to kiss his ***......and rightfully so !!!! They better move this guy back to stadium and nfl liaison duties period!!!!  No one is gonna want their career shaped by buccaneer 2.0🤬🤬🤬

4 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Any “real” GM w the sack required is gonna look at this and tell AB to kiss his ***......and rightfully so !!!! They better move this guy back to stadium and nfl liaison duties period!!!!  No one is gonna want their career shaped by buccaneer 2.0🤬🤬🤬

Exactly. No GM is gonna wanna take the job knowing he's being baby sat. Such a joke!!

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

We need to find a very, very strong GM that wont be afraid to stand toe-to-toe with McKay.

What I find sad is that Mckay was around when the Bucs won the Super bowl.  Why can't he look for players that fit that mold?  We can't find a defensive line if it fell on our lap.  We can't find a consistent secondary.  We can't even come close to running a tampa 2.  We run the Wide open defense.

7 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Agreed. If they get the right guy, he should insist on full control. 

I don't understand what everyone above is freaking out about. He said exactly what you'd want to hear - the GM makes the call, and the CEO holds him accountable. The question is, will/does Blank hold McKay accountable? And that's a problem we simply can't fix. 

What would you guys prefer he said? 

Whoever we hire will report their decisions to McKay and McKay has to sign off? 

Or

GM reports to Blank directly? 

I might not like McKay, but I'll take it over Blank (who is a softy, we all know it). 

The only fault I can attribute to McKay is his choice of GM, but Dimi got our franchise further than it ever has before. We were relevant (for a while at least). What we don't know is whether keeping TD and Quinn last year/this year was McKay or Blank's call. If it was Blank, it just proves what I said above to be true. If it was McKay, I think he would have been shown the door with everyone else. 

Blank is too old to deal with all the drama that comes with owning an NFL franchise...especially the Falcons. McKay lets him relax a bit. I’m sure Blank will still contribute when called upon for final decisions or money related issues. I don’t blame him for wanting to take a step back at his age...

9 hours ago, nuccah said:

I don't understand what everyone above is freaking out about. He said exactly what you'd want to hear - the GM makes the call, and the CEO holds him accountable. The question is, will/does Blank hold McKay accountable? And that's a problem we simply can't fix. 

What would you guys prefer he said? 

Whoever we hire will report their decisions to McKay and McKay has to sign off? 

Or

GM reports to Blank directly? 

I might not like McKay, but I'll take it over Blank (who is a softy, we all know it). 

The only fault I can attribute to McKay is his choice of GM, but Dimi got our franchise further than it ever has before. We were relevant (for a while at least). What we don't know is whether keeping TD and Quinn last year/this year was McKay or Blank's call. If it was Blank, it just proves what I said above to be true. If it was McKay, I think he would have been shown the door with everyone else. 

It's already been reported that Blank was ready to get rid of Quinn when the Falcons were 1-7 last year but McKay talked him out of it. One of the reasons McKay should have gotten canned too.