• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just now during press conference, Arthur said Matt’s future at QB would be up to the coach and GM they bring in. Did not commit to anything at all. Said he loves Matt, just like he loves Dan & Tho

I like Matt Ryan and I think it would be a mistake to move on. Having said that, it would be a bigger mistake to hire a coach who won't tell you what he really thinks, and it would be a bigger mi

That’s a GREAT response by Blank. 

Matt Ryan deserves to play for a team that can support him with a good surrounding cast. He deserves another shot or two at a super bowl so he can get into the hall of fame.

We clearly cannot provide this for him anytime soon. It would suck to watch him leave and do great somewhere else, but if that's what happens, it's probably for the best for both sides.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. It was a bad play call and Matt tried to do too much after missing Hurst the drive before when we settled for 3.

Both Ryan’s play the last 3 weeks since the Bears hit and Koetter’s overall playcalling have both been questionable.

Matt is not comfortable with Dirk’s style. We need to get back to a pure WCO system. Not enough horizontal stretching in Koetter’s route concepts. Timing is way off from what we used to do for 4 years. Ryan mastered that and then we fired Sark. Lol

You pull the safety towards the sideline and don’t have a pattern between the hash marks.  And Gurley is perfectly set up to release to the flat.  But this play does neither.  

How do these OCs stay employed??  

That is a good response and the right answer. AB should know by now to let the staff run the ops and the roster. 

And Ryan is a good dude but Ain’t no way we see a postseason deep run with him. He’s just got the spark or the confidence anymore and yesterday’s game was not an isolated case. Great passer, no speed, no confidence. 

But nothing worth fixing this season. Really need to find space next season. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You give Matt Ryan the right offensive coordinator and we are scoring 30 points a game for the next 5 years

Agreed. I'm not jumping on the latest bandwagon around here of getting rid of Ryan. The whole offense regressed heavily when Koetter was hired. Why don't people see this? Matt is just more under the microscope bc he's the QB. He's still got 5-6 years left if you ask me.

Not so sure I’d be quick to dump a league MVP at the QB position, y’all act like these guys grow on trees. It’s no coincidence his playing level is elite with the right coaching staff and supporting cast of players.

... and miss me with that, ‘he needs to be able to overcome poor coaching’ ish. No player is going to be able to overcome piss poor coaching, that’s like saying I can out-train a bad diet. Not gonna happen

Edited by A Dog Named Brian
2 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Not so sure I’d be so quick to dump a league MVP at the QB position, y’all act like these guys grow on trees. It’s no coincidence his playing level is elite with the right coaching staff and supporting cast of players.

... and miss me with that, ‘he needs to be able to overcome poor coaching’ ish. No player is going to be able to overcome piss poor coaching, that’s like saying I can out-train a bad diet. Not gonna happen

You take that back right now. 

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

As soon as the cap allows it, it's time for Matt to move on. He might still be able to get a ring with a team that has a defense. He's never leading the Falcons to one in the limited time he has left, and this team needs a wipe-the-slate-clean rebuild.

I think it's best for both sides to part ways with Matt once it's financially feasible.

That's realistically May 2023.  

Personally, the only way I move on from Ryan is if we’re in position to take Trevor Lawrence. However, I don’t think we will be. We’re bad right now, but I don’t think we’re 2-14 bad, more like 4-12 bad. It’s honestly inevitable that this team is gonna win some games here and there just because that’s our move now. Also, if we were to take Lawrence, you let him learn under Matt for at least a year like Mahomes did under Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Personally, the only way I move on from Ryan is if we’re in position to take Trevor Lawrence. However, I don’t think we will be. We’re bad right now, but I don’t think we’re 2-14 bad, more like 4-12 bad. It’s honestly inevitable that this team is gonna win some games here and there just because that’s our move now. Also, if we were to take Lawrence, you let him learn under Matt for at least a year like Mahomes did under Smith. 

That’s the only way I’m potentially open to getting rid of Matt. I don’t even think we’re 4-12 bad, we have talent and are a .500 team right now. Quinn is guilty of the same thing Smitty was, trying to get way too cute with the defense. Should’ve stuck to a base 4-3 defense with two safeties, none of this ‘3 safety look’ or ‘amoeba’ scheme. Get to the friggin’ quarter back and force three and outs, really not that hard.

5 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

That’s the only way I’m potentially open to getting rid of Matt. I don’t even think we’re 4-12 bad, we have talent and are a .500 team right now. Quinn is guilty of the same thing Smitty was, trying to get way too cute with the defense. Should’ve stuck to a base 4-3 defense with two safeties, none of this ‘3 safety look’ or ‘amoeba’ scheme. Get to the friggin’ quarter back and force three and outs, really not that hard.

I agree with what you said about our talent. I don’t think we’re actually one of the worst teams in the league as our record suggests, but the players don’t seem like they even wanna play anymore. Maybe that’ll be different with a new HC now, but it’ll be difficult and possibly even detrimental to rattle off wins just to finish 6-10 or 7-9 again. Idk what happened to this defense either, playing nothing like the second half of last year. Guys were doing what they were supposed to be doing rather than trying to overcompensate, but all of a sudden we’re back to playing like the defense that went 1-7. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I agree with what you said about our talent. I don’t think we’re actually one of the worst teams in the league as our record suggests, but the players don’t seem like they even wanna play anymore. Maybe that’ll be different with a new HC now, but it’ll be difficult and possibly even detrimental to rattle off wins just to finish 6-10 or 7-9 again. Idk what happened to this defense either, playing nothing like the second half of last year. Guys were doing what they were supposed to be doing rather than trying to overcompensate, but all of a sudden we’re back to playing like the defense that went 1-7. 

Having three chefs in the kitchen to run it certainly didn’t help. Don’t be surprised if we rattle off some wins and our defense actually gets some stops. I’m interested to see how Raheem runs things 

2 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Just now during press conference, Arthur said Matt’s future at QB would be up to the coach and GM they bring in. Did not commit to anything at all. Said he loves Matt, just like he loves Dan & Thomas... 

Now that is way an owner should opine.  Very proud of Mr Blank

3 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Ill leave this here

Watch ryans Head about halfway through the video

Pre-hit (you know which hit):

• 73/109, 868 Yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 108.7 Rating.

Since:

• 56/95, 604 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 68.9 Rating.

My thought is undiagnosed concussion, though I could also see it being an injury to his throwing arm/shoulder.

I’ve been thinking that hit might’ve messed with him. 

59 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Lawrence would undoubtedly be a boon, but 1) I 100% agree the Jets are realistically way worse and 2) our cap is such that (due to Ryan and Jones' contracts & dead money) we wouldn't be able to capitalize on the advantage that is paying a starting QB ~$5mm a year during his rookie contract. It'd probably make the most sense to deal the hypothetical #1 pick for a huge haul, then have a stacked team when we do get a new QB and are underpaying him, unless we truly think Lawrence is a ~Mahomes-level talent (I don't).

Edited by Borat