Arthur Blank on Matt Ryan

TheFalcoholic

26 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Just now during press conference, Arthur said Matt’s future at QB would be up to the coach and GM they bring in. Did not commit to anything at all. Said he loves Matt, just like he loves Dan & Thomas... 

But Julio is a lifer?

The man is utterly senile. 

20 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I still dont think this roster is as bad as some think...... I def think we need some pieces in the worst way but i also think the coaching had been just flat out bad..... HC, OC,DC to ST....

That Matt Ryan int in the endzone was on him..... at the same time that play call was HORRIBLE..  We ran a 3 man route that basically had 1 real option and that was gage who was covered.

i def think we need 2  safties, a big DT, a pass rusher... A RG and a RB

But i do think with a good coaching staff.... We should be 3-2 right now with this roster.. this year

Yep. It was a bad play call and Matt tried to do too much after missing Hurst the drive before when we settled for 3.

Both Ryan’s play the last 3 weeks since the Bears hit and Koetter’s overall playcalling have both been questionable.

Matt is not comfortable with Dirk’s style. We need to get back to a pure WCO system. Not enough horizontal stretching in Koetter’s route concepts. Timing is way off from what we used to do for 4 years. Ryan mastered that and then we fired Sark. Lol

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Defense has always been the Falcons problem. They've usually had decent qb's

Since 1988 - Chris Miller, Wade Wilson, Jeff George, Billy Joe Toliver, Bobby Hebert, Chris Chandler, Doug Johnson, Michael Vick, Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, Byron Leftwich, Matt Schaub

You might convince me that Vick at his peak was equivalent to Ryan, but the very fact that Vick was injury-prone just emphasizes how durable Ryan has been.

As for the others, they were good for a season or 2 but not anything to truly build around.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. It was a bad play call and Matt tried to do too much after missing Hurst the drive before when we settled for 3.

Both Ryan’s play the last 3 weeks since the Bears hit and Koetter’s overall playcalling have both been questionable.

Matt is not comfortable with Dirk’s style. We need to get back to a pure WCO system. Not enough horizontal stretching in Koetter’s route concepts. Timing is way off from what we used to do for 4 years. Ryan mastered that and then we fired Sark. Lol

Bruhhhhh... Ive seen that play 10 times just thinking.... You have a fast TE light hayden hurst... You have Todd Gurley a big RB with great hands.......

You decide to run a basic *** 3 man route.....

WTFFFFF

Just soooooooo Baddddddddddddddd

23 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

if we're in position to draft lawrnce or fields, then i think matt ryan is gone.

Barring some big change over the next few weeks, I think we will be in position to get one of the QB's in this draft. But who knows, maybe we will string together a few victories before season's end. 

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Bruhhhhh... Ive seen that play 10 times just thinking.... You have a fast TE light hayden hurst... You have Todd Gurley a big RB with great hands.......

You decide to run a basic *** 3 man route.....

WTFFFFF

Just soooooooo Baddddddddddddddd

To be fair, the previous drive Ryan overthrows Hurst because he hesitated. And, then hesitated the play or two after that when Hurst came free as the pocket collapsed.

Ryan just not comfortable right now and people that pay attention can see why some of the reason is definitely because Dirk is hit or miss at OC play to play. We have found a ground game again but Todd rushes just 14 times yesterday.

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Finally , definitely think if we draft a QB first round.  Matt Ryan is out of here 

@JD dirtybird21loved this answer because if we do hire a coach like Eric B or Josh McDaniel, sleeper Lincoln Ridley then they are able to get the player that they want. We were just talking about this 

Yep. It also suggests that Blank is over the "I'm 100% loyal to this player, he's a Falcon for life" stuff. He's giving the new FO full control of this roster and that's how it should be. Calling Ryan, Julio, Grady, etc. Falcons for life set a bad precedent in the culture IMO

7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, the previous drive Ryan overthrows Hurst because he hesitated. And, then hesitated the play or two after that when Hurst came free as the pocket collapsed.

Ryan just not comfortable right now and people that pay attention can see why some of the reason is definitely because Dirk is hit or miss at OC play to play. We have found a ground game again but Todd rushes just 14 times yesterday.

Im not giving Matt a pass..... If thatssssss the reason why you do a basic *** 3 man route..... Thats worst.... 1 play missed throw cant decide a play on an important 3rd down..... **** i would go to the post route  jump ball to Hurst.

Matt Def has missed throws... He gets no pass thats why im glad Mr.Blank said what he said..... Saying that... That was a badddddd call

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yep. It also suggests that Blank is over the "I'm 100% loyal to this player, he's a Falcon for life" stuff. He's giving the new FO full control of this roster and that's how it should be. Calling Ryan, Julio, Grady, etc. Falcons for life set a bad precedent in the culture IMO

It really did , maybe the beginning of a culture reset tbh. I was never one for saying a player is for life. Thats just not possible usually.

I love the part you said he is giving full control, offense, defense everything will be determined by Gm and HC. Everything and everyone will be evaluated. 

54 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

As soon as the cap allows it, it's time for Matt to move on. He might still be able to get a ring with a team that has a defense. He's never leading the Falcons to one in the limited time he has left, and this team needs a wipe-the-slate-clean rebuild.

I think it's best for both sides to part ways with Matt once it's financially feasible.

Just curious.  If Falcons and Ryan part ways will you remain a Falcons fan or become a fan of whichever team he goes to?  No judgement here, just curious.  I agree he needs to go to a team where he can have a shot at a ring...

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Im not giving Matt a pass..... If thatssssss the reason why you do a basic *** 3 man route..... Thats worst.... 1 play missed throw cant decide a play on an important 3rd down..... **** i would go to the post route  jump ball to Hurst.

Matt Def has missed throws... He gets no pass thats why im glad Mr.Blank said what he said..... Saying that... That was a badddddd call

Agree, 100%.

3 minutes ago, Googlywoogly said:

Just curious.  If Falcons and Ryan part ways will you remain a Falcons fan or become a fan of whichever team he goes to?  No judgement here, just curious.  I agree he needs to go to a team where he can have a shot at a ring...

I'd hope Ryan does well wherever he goes, and root for him when it doesn't hurt the Falcons and if he ever got to the big dance again somewhere else, but I've been a Falcons fan for going on 13 years and through a **** of a lot at this point. Not going anywhere. You don't stick around after 28-3 for one player. 😉

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

I love it..... I think Matt is one of the best QBs in the league but everyyyyybody need to be put on notice plus its not up the Mr.Blank... Let the new GM and HC .

Thats more of what he was saying... I feel like the Packers did this with Rodgers brining in Jordan Love and you see Rodgers stepped his game up.

Again.. i still think Matt Ryan  is a topish QB ... PPl killing him for that Pick as they should but also that was a SUPERRRR ****TTTY play call and route concept ran by dirk in the red zone.... We had nothingggggggggg on that play with that play call... Matt gotta just throw that in the dir.

But yea.. everybody need to be put on notice that the new GM and HC will decide whats up

don't forget that play where there was nothing, he was getting rushed hard and just threw it into the ground. I think Matt's as tired of DK as we are, cause he sure looked totally disgusted more than just a few times this year