Arthur Blank on Matt Ryan

TheFalcoholic

1 minute ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Just now during press conference, Arthur said Matt’s future at QB would be up to the coach and GM they bring in. Did not commit to anything at all. Said he loves Matt, just like he loves Dan & Thomas... 

That’s a GREAT response by Blank. 

As soon as the cap allows it, it's time for Matt to move on. He might still be able to get a ring with a team that has a defense. He's never leading the Falcons to one in the limited time he has left, and this team needs a wipe-the-slate-clean rebuild.

I think it's best for both sides to part ways with Matt once it's financially feasible.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I like Matt Ryan and I think it would be a mistake to move on.

Having said that, it would be a bigger mistake to hire a coach who won't tell you what he really thinks, and it would be a bigger mistake to listen to me on personnel issues.

We know you like Matt Ryan...and not just on Thursday’s 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s a GREAT response by Blank. 

Right? That has been the angle of many of my replies this AM. Until we know who the GM and HC are, it is anyone's guess. We could be looking at anything from a full rebuild to simple scheme changes and cap management. There is literally no way to know. 

I love it..... I think Matt is one of the best QBs in the league but everyyyyybody need to be put on notice plus its not up the Mr.Blank... Let the new GM and HC .

Thats more of what he was saying... I feel like the Packers did this with Rodgers brining in Jordan Love and you see Rodgers stepped his game up.

Again.. i still think Matt Ryan  is a topish QB ... PPl killing him for that Pick as they should but also that was a SUPERRRR ****TTTY play call and route concept ran by dirk in the red zone.... We had nothingggggggggg on that play with that play call... Matt gotta just throw that in the dir.

But yea.. everybody need to be put on notice that the new GM and HC will decide whats up

Ill leave this here

Watch ryans Head about halfway through the video

Pre-hit (you know which hit):

• 73/109, 868 Yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 108.7 Rating.

Since:

• 56/95, 604 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 68.9 Rating.

My thought is undiagnosed concussion, though I could also see it being an injury to his throwing arm/shoulder.

9 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

As soon as the cap allows it, it's time for Matt to move on. He might still be able to get a ring with a team that has a defense. He's never leading the Falcons to one in the limited time he has left, and this team needs a wipe-the-slate-clean rebuild.

I think it's best for both sides to part ways with Matt once it's financially feasible.

Yup, that's where I'm at. Love Matt Ryan, but this is not the situation for him. Hope he gets a ring somewhere else like he should have gotten in 2016 if it weren't for the Quinn. 

Maybe the Falcons will find a way to release Ryan and then he will go to New Orleans to replace Brees for a couple of years and come back to torture all of you anti-Ryaners.

I don't love Ryan so much as I remember the QB position being a new guy every year for the Falcons and have appreciated Ryan's stability over the last decade.  He may have peaked but dumping him is not going to suddenly bring a Super Bowl team.

14 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

You give Matt Ryan the right offensive coordinator and we are scoring 30 points a game for the next 5 years

4 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I still dont think this roster is as bad as some think...... I def think we need some pieces in the worst way but i also think the coaching had been just flat out bad..... HC, OC,DC to ST....

That Matt Ryan int in the endzone was on him..... at the same time that play call was HORRIBLE..  We ran a 3 man route that basically had 1 real option and that was gage who was covered.

i def think we need 2  safties, a big DT, a pass rusher... A RG and a RB

But i do think with a good coaching staff.... We should be 3-2 right now with this roster.. this year

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

Maybe the Falcons will find a way to release Ryan and then he will go to New Orleans to replace Brees for a couple of years and come back to torture all of you anti-Ryaners.

I don't love Ryan so much as I remember the QB position being a new guy every year for the Falcons and have appreciated Ryan's stability over the last decade.  He may have peaked but dumping him is not going to suddenly bring a Super Bowl team.

Defense has always been the Falcons problem. They've usually had decent qb's

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You give Matt Ryan the right offensive coordinator and we are scoring 30 points a game for the next 5 years

Won't matter when the defense is giving up 40. 😭

(Hey, I hope the GM/coaching change will have its intended effect. This team just feels like it's in complete disarray.) 

7 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Ill leave this here

Watch ryans Head about halfway through the video

Pre-hit (you know which hit):

• 73/109, 868 Yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 108.7 Rating.

Since:

• 56/95, 604 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 68.9 Rating.

My thought is undiagnosed concussion, though I could also see it being an injury to his throwing arm/shoulder.

This is some good analysis, Sker.  His head violently snapped back, you could be onto something.  They went low-high on him too though, he may be injured if not his head.