"I'm just telling you -- it was Dimitroff....."

Carl Dukes just said he had sources with the Falcons that told him that when it comes to personnel, Dimitroff chose the players, period.  The title of this thread is a quote.

For what that's worth.

He also said in talking to former coaches -- he mentioned Bryan Cox and Marquand Manuel specifically -- a lot of guys who pushed back and challenged Quinn on various things were essentially moved along.  In other words, Quinn wanted "yes men."

Also for what it's worth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Marquand Manuel firing always smelled stinky to me. Dude seriously had his hands tied behind his back trying to coach a defense with no better options over Duke Riley/Terrell McClain/Jordan Richar

Carl Dukes just said he had sources with the Falcons that told him that when it comes to personnel, Dimitroff chose the players, period.  The title of this thread is a quote. For what that's wort

If true, just proves the correct decision was (finally) made yesterday.  Maybe AB learned a thing or two for this go round. Would also be a pretty ****ing indictment on what Quinn thought of hims

Posted Images

If true, just proves the correct decision was (finally) made yesterday.  Maybe AB learned a thing or two for this go round.

Would also be a pretty ****ing indictment on what Quinn thought of himself and his defensive knowledge...or lack there of.  Dude wasn't nearly smart enough to be surrounded by yes men.

Yeah....still not buying the idea that TD was the only one who picked players.

I mean when you look at over the 12  off-seasons and how many players that we brought in that played for a coach on the staff.  

I mean we could have nearly fielded a team of Jag and Redskin cast offs.

He may have had the ultimate pick but you can't convince me that the coaches did not go to him with a list of guys and ask them to be signed

It sounds pretty plausible considering it in hindsight.

No one who has witnessed TD in action could ever deny that he’s arrogant and likely considers his way the best and only way. 

As far as the moved along thing goes, it could easily explain Cox and even Sark getting shown the door. As much as I thought his first year was awful, with experience, he was improving in year two.

Dirk is the very definition of a yes man, who wasn’t going to rock the boat.

I mean 2nd first round pick of the Quinn era is a dude who played for him at Florida.

And had Fowler fell to us in 15....I have zero doubt that he would have been the pick.

So people can say that it was all TD but the actual evidence of signings and drafting tells a very different story.

29 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Carl Dukes just said he had sources with the Falcons that told him that when it comes to personnel, Dimitroff chose the players, period.  The title of this thread is a quote.

For what that's worth.

He also said in talking to former coaches -- he mentioned Bryan Cox and Marquand Manuel specifically -- a lot of guys who pushed back and challenged Quinn on various things were essentially moved along.  In other words, Quinn wanted "yes men."

I specifically said THIS is why it was almost no fight or attempt for Shanny, Manuel, or LaFleur guys to stay on the team. Quinn only wanted coaches that exclusively followed Quinn and never debated or challenged him.  And no, i'm not a sore fan that can't get over Shanny/Fleur being gone... It just always seemed like anyone who had potentially to expose Quinn's scheme short comings were quickly let go.

BTW, this is why I have always loved the idea of Andy Reid as a HC. The story on him was that he loved to have coordinators and coaches on the team to challenge him on anything that seemed to fit "thinking in the box"...

31 minutes ago, athell said:

If true, just proves the correct decision was (finally) made yesterday.  Maybe AB learned a thing or two for this go round.

Would also be a pretty ****ing indictment on what Quinn thought of himself and his defensive knowledge...or lack there of.  Dude wasn't nearly smart enough to be surrounded by yes men.

What Quinn thought of himself was cemented for me with what happened after the SB. He let the entire Shanahan staff walk because he wanted to show people that the team was HIM and HE was responsible for getting them to the SB. Shanny got so much credit that Quinn cut off his nose to spite his face, and I will go to my grave believing it happened then and a few more times during his reign. 

4 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

What Quinn thought of himself was cemented for me with what happened after the SB. He let the entire Shanahan staff walk because he wanted to show people that the team was HIM and HE was responsible for getting them to the SB. Shanny got so much credit that Quinn cut off his nose to spite his face, and I will go to my grave believing it happened then and a few more times during his reign. 

I think it was both Dimi and Quinn. Shanahan was taking all the credit and little was going to these two clowns so they decided to show the world how great they are and ruined our franchise in the process. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I think it was both Dimi and Quinn. Shanahan was taking all the credit and little was going to these two clowns so they decided to show the world how great they are and ruined our franchise in the process. 

I think that is BS.

TD had already built a championship caliber roster when Kyle was nothing more than his old man's lackey.

32 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Meh.  Speculation at best.   I look at this roster and I see Quinn guys.  I don't think anyone could confuse DQ guys and Mike Smith guys yet TD was around for both.  I think TD was a good GM but bet on the wrong horses too often.  

I mean, I'm not saying he isn't making it up, but it isn't speculation.  He said he was told this by sources in the building, so either it's true, or the source is lying, or Dukes is lying.  Nobody is speculating.

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I mean, I'm not saying he isn't making it up, but it isn't speculation.  He said he was told this by sources in the building, so either it's true, or the source is lying, or Dukes is lying.  Nobody is speculating.

I am sure someone said that but again the evidence points to a different reality.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

For what that's worth.

... and this is why I think Quinn stuck his nose back into dictating how defense was played.

If the defense goes back to playing better like it did last season after he was basically told to give up control of it, then we'll know for sure.

Dear Baby Jesus, please let him be the next def. coordinator at Florida.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

For what that's worth.

Wow! This was a bombshell. Crazy.

Nobody can convince me we have a personnel problem.  Shanahan had less talent and we led the league in scoring by a very wide margin.  It's scheme and coaching.  Game management, terrible.  Blown assignments in coverage.  All comes down to coaching, not players.

For the record, this is not defending TD.  He is responsible for recruiting the coaching staff.