• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Falcons To Name Morris - Interim HC
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who do you want dude? It’s INTERIM not permanent sheesh.

BS.

Just glad it’s not Koetter.  Make a strong first move and fire Dirk, Morris!!!  27 straight drives with no passing TD’s  

13 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Great. 

Replace a first-time failure of a head coach with a more experienced failure.  

Well at least we don't have to worry about him being the permanent coach.   

Do we?   🥺

Hope not.... hopefully the new GM will want his own guy

12 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

Doesn't matter who the interim HC is, the results will be the same. This team has no heart.

thank you idk why people tripping out who the HC was going to be all the coaches were trash anyway so who cares. I guess people thought were going to bring someone from the outside to be the HC lol

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So if we win out and make the playoffs y’all want him gone?

Lol that won’t happen not with this defense and coaching staff. Plus MR2s play & DK won’t allow the offense to flourish. It’s time to clean house - DQ TD - MR2 needs to go as well and that’s coming from a MR fan. This team is stale with him and the fans are ready to move on. Even if it’s a yr or two and today wouldn’t be too soon

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Lol that won’t happen not with this defense and coaching staff. Plus MR2s play & DK won’t allow the offense to flourish. It’s time to clean house - DQ TD - MR2 needs to go as well and that’s coming from a MR fan. This team is stale with him and the fans are ready to move on. Even if it’s a yr or two and today wouldn’t be too soon

Ok so if he was able to do that even with all of that against him then clearly he’s earned a shot 

On one hand, it makes little since to fire Quinn and hire Morris. It basically represents the status quo...same style and approach. On the other hand, I think his overall credentials are better than DKs. As I wrote last night, the only thing I have against him is that he is the same type of leader as Quinn. I'd prefer a different style. He's clearly the best qualified of the guys on the staff.

My single biggest concern with Raheem is that his previous stint as HC indicates he will maintain Quinn's biggest flaw: a lack of adaptability. He will prefer to run his system and trust his guys to beat the men across from them as opposed to carefully crafting unique game plans for each opponent. With our cap situation, we are not going to out talent the opposition on defense. It just isn't going to happen. Let's see if Raheem can grow and show that adaptability to put the marginal talent he has in the best position to succeed week to week. Some weeks we should be up in their face. Some weeks we should rush 4 and play zone. We shouldn't go out there every week with the same approach. Teams will pick that apart as demonstrated for five weeks.