Some Seahawks fans want Quinn back

38 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Dan still has his fans out west. Seattle is only 5-0. Bring him home Pete.

https://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167168

Their defense is terrible though. Far from what they were during their Legion of Boom years. They're winning mostly because of Russ and that offense.

......Vikings got screwed though because that wasn't a fumble.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Their defense is terrible though. Far from what they were during their Legion of Boom years. They're winning mostly because of Russ and that offense.

Not like it was going to make a difference. 

Here is the thing I will never understand with Quinn. The legion of boom was made by their safety play. Chancellor and Thomas in their prime were two of the best in the league at their position. To this day, I do not understand why we never put more emphasis on the safety position. I know we drafted Neal in the 1st round but expecting him to come back from major surgery and be a playmaker was foolish.

Not for nothing, but Quinn was a ****ed good DC and I can't blame them at all.

If they had just made Shanahan head coach - kept his position coaches that went with him - and made Dan DC - we probably would have been back to a SB by now.

Quinn couldn't handle game time decisions and he was not a good head coach.  However, he was good with the players and actually did know defense.   HC was too much for him - DC isn't.

Ifs and buts ....

As a Niner fan, I want Quinn as our DC. You have to understand, just because a coordinator excels at a position doesn't mean they are fit to run an entire team. There is a lot more pressure and responsibility involved and obviously Quinn wasn't fit for that job. However, I still think if he only had to worry about defensive schemes then he would come out on top again.

17 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Here is the thing I will never understand with Quinn. The legion of boom was made by their safety play. Chancellor and Thomas in their prime were two of the best in the league at their position. To this day, I do not understand why we never put more emphasis on the safety position. I know we drafted Neal in the 1st round but expecting him to come back from major surgery and be a playmaker was foolish.

Quinn had next to nothing to do with the construction of that Seahawks defense. Most of those guys were drafted when he was the d-line coach or while he was gone coaching at Florida. So his input on who to bring in for the secondary & LB corps was likely nonexistent at that point. When he got back to Seattle to replace Jack Del Rio as DC, everything was already in place for him... scheme, personnel, etc.

He did well with what he had, but it wasn't him that put the pieces together.

12 minutes ago, Ahmad770 said:

As a Niner fan, I want Quinn as our DC. You have to understand, just because a coordinator excels at a position doesn't mean they are fit to run an entire team. There is a lot more pressure and responsibility involved and obviously Quinn wasn't fit for that job. However, I still think if he only had to worry about defensive schemes then he would come out on top again.

You have Quinn right now. His name is Robert Saleh. 

Reliant on great defensive players to make him look better than he really is.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yup, still... with 6 seconds and needing at least 30 yards to set up a FG, game was essentially over anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Ahmad770 said:

I hope you get him! 

I have no hate for Quinn. He was never my choice. I saw all the current flaws during the Superbowl year. That said, I don't get any joy out of his firing (some hope, but not joy. I wish him the best and hope he lands with an organization who's culture and talent are a good match for his skills.

I also appreciate the fact that Blank let him walk away with a winning record. 7-9, 7-9, 0-5. How you survive a 21 game stretch like that walk away with a winning record. Well, there must have been some good times at some point...so hard to remember. 

I approve of both firings, but I do think Blank's "Falcon for Life" sentiment on multiple players is a major contributor to the current situation. To blame this all on Quinn is naive in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

So that we can get shutout and lose by 40 cuz...you know ..Falcons gunna Falcon

Which will lead to tons of posters clamoring for him back in just a DC capacity...

So true.

But you know this time we are going to get it right because I'm old and don't have much time left to get the Lombardi. 

HC who has OC with strong OL run game with manageable passing with an establish DC.  

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

So true.

But you know this time we are going to get it right because I'm old and don't have much time left to get the Lombardi. 

HC who has OC with strong OL run game with manageable passing with an establish DC.  

From your mouth to the Football Gods ears...im hoping for something good to come from this team. I hate being the laughing joke whenever I'm out watching games....

It's hard to evaluate Quinn as a DC because he came into a LOADED defense.

When he took over in 13 they already had a HOFer at 3 levels of defense. LB, CB, & Safety.

Once they added Avril & Bennet you could have put anyone at DC and they would have looked good.

And let's not forget what we've learned.... It was always Pete Carrol's defense.

Just look at all the "great" DCs that came out of Baltimore when they had Suggs, Lewis, & Reed on the defense.

57 minutes ago, k-train said:

Quinn had next to nothing to do with the construction of that Seahawks defense. Most of those guys were drafted when he was the d-line coach or while he was gone coaching at Florida. So his input on who to bring in for the secondary & LB corps was likely nonexistent at that point. When he got back to Seattle to replace Jack Del Rio as DC, everything was already in place for him... scheme, personnel, etc.

He did well with what he had, but it wasn't him that put the pieces together.

Great points and I agree with your assessment. But I still don't know understand how he could not realize the importance of having studs at the safety position. They replaced the 2nd corner position multiple times during the Legion of Boom years without missing a beat. But when Thomas or Chancellor went down, you saw the impact that had on the defense. At worst, we should have built up more depth at the position.