Pretty Strong List Of HCs

4 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

It's way too early to bring in a good/great HC.

Too many embrace the suck stains splattered on the walls of Flowery Branch.

Need to deep clean the building and sanitize the place first.

That might take a couple of years.

That's just nasty 😂😂

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He needed to pack his crap along with TD

Yep, and on top of that, why is McKay still employed. That gives me hesitation right there.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol so because he coached with Seattle means he is exactly the same as Quinn huh? Ok if you say so. And Quinn was a very good DC. I never said Saleh would be a great HC. I said he isn’t garbage. Quinn isn’t garbage as a coach either. Just not HC material for the Atlanta Falcons 

Literally the same exact scheme and same career trajectory. If that is who we are going to hire we might as well keep Quinn. 

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol so because he coached with Seattle means he is exactly the same as Quinn huh? Ok if you say so. And Quinn was a very good DC. I never said Saleh would be a great HC. I said he isn’t garbage. Quinn isn’t garbage as a coach either. Just not HC material for the Atlanta Falcons 

The position that is being filled is Head Coach.

I would just hope we wouldn't go with Bienemy or McDaniels.  When you hire an OC from Andy Reid, how much was he really in control of the offense?  While McDaniels seems to be in total control of the offense, I'm just not sold on any Belichick assistant.  Hopefully the new GM will find the right guy to lead our team forward.  I'm glad they won't be rushed.  With a ton of time between now and the end of the season, lots of time to research and hone in on a guy.  Then the new GM and Coach can decide if we should dump salary (Takk, Ryan and Jones) or if we have enough to make a run at it with better coaching.  

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

when McKay was in charge - he brought us MORA and PETRINO.

How did that work out?

When McKay was the GM, his drafts were GAWD AWFUL

My point exactly. If Arthur knows what's good for him he fires McKay after the final Sunday. No way that bucies stench clown should be involved in any of our decisions going forward. 

Where is Mike McDaniel?  That's a Shanahan protege who would offer fresh innovation, while at the same time bringing the least disruption to Matt, based on the familiarity.

Also, we need a hot shot offensive mind as a HC - Not as an OC.  Hot shot OCs are now one-and-done and get grabbed the next year - The OC turnover is exhausting in this league. 

We cannot have a DC as a HC, because he'll need to have a talented OC under him, and if that OC is successful, he's gone.

Edited by Maltese Falcon

I'm just not excited about another defensive HC. OCs are getting poached left and right. QBs benefit from consistent offensive schemes. Get a defensive HC and you're signing up for another consistent rotation of OCs/schemes. With that, if they don't get Bienemy or McDaniels, that's what's going to happen. 

If I'm Bienemy, I'm hitching my wagon to either a 35 year old Matt Ryan for a few years and hunting for a replacement (Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes) or to Deshaun Watson for the next decade. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hire a GM first and let him pick the coach. Where is the GM list?

Was thinking the same thing... need a GM that can consistently find those players through out the draft, that become low contributors along with getting top talent with the premium picks. It's why BPA rarely lets you down as compared to draft for need. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but look at what could have been in draft's from 2016-2020 with better drafting. 

GM and the head coach have to be on the same page, unless they give both jobs to the same guy. Which I don't like no not to mention only a very few guys can do both effectively. Old School vs Whiz KIds or a mixture who knows? but it **** sure is more interesting to have possibilities and a different mindset.  

I do like Jim Schwartz as a head coaching candidate, going to have to research GM's, let's be realistic though Atlanta doesn't have the allure it did a few years ago, player wise it's ripe for a retooling

decent article on possible GM's from last year 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/26/nfl-future-general-managers-list-candidates-will-mcclay-nick-caserio-scott-fitterer

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

None of them are Bosa,Sherm,Thomas though

If he needs an allstar cast to play semi decent defense, then maybe he is not the coach for us. He also was a bust as a DC until they brought in the current browns DC who turned things around. No thanks, I'll take Wade Phillips over him all day, or Rex Ryan. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

If he needs an allstar cast to play semi decent defense, then maybe he is not the coach for us. He also was a bust as a DC until they brought in the current browns DC who turned things around. No thanks, I'll take Wade Phillips over him all day, or Rex Ryan. 

You said he had an all star cast. I just said he didn’t yesterday. And that’s a fact because his 3 best defensive players were missing. Just saying🤷🏾

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He needed to pack his crap along with TD

I still remember us saying TD needed to go with Smitty and now we're seeing something similar with TD and McKay. We gotta stop chopping the top off of the weed and pull it out by its roots instead, assuming he is influencing roster or coaching. Maybe he's just approving contracts and stuff like that though, who knows...I just want a clean slate, give the new team a chance to make everything their own without any meddling. Then again though I think we have an owner that meddles with stuff so that's probably a pipe dream anyway.

As far as candidates go I find Eberflus and Woods intriguing.

2 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Rex Ryan as a DC is better than anyone in the nfl besides Belichick

7 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and on top of that, why is McKay still employed. That gives me hesitation right there.

Agreed. Blank should clean house. McKay has failed in every area with the Falcons.  He was a horrible drafter, he hasn't been able to find us a coach, he way underestimated the cost of the stadium and also couldn't get the roof to open the first year. I believe those are all on McKay and not sure why he is getting a pass.  

Also, he might be the reason too, but why do we continue to use that turf we have in our stadium. We had the same turf in the dome and now in MB. It is so hard to watch the game with the way the turf reflects on the TV. I have had 2 different TVs and on each the turf looks weird and makes it hard to see.  Is it just me?