POLL - How Much of the Current Roster Do You Want to Keep Along With the Change of HC/GM?

jlrfalcon

How Much of the Current Roster Do You Want to Keep Along With the Change of HC/GM?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How Much of the Current Roster Do You Want to Keep Along With the Change of HC/GM?

• 90% (approx. 48 players)
    • 75% (approx. 40 players)
    • 60% (approx. 32 players)
    • 50% (approx. 26 players)
    • 40% (approx. 21 players)
    • 25% (approx. 13 players)
    • 10% (approx. 5 players)
    • 0% (no players kept)

With a new change in leadership, changes will come in philosophies and preferences that will lead to some players going elsewhere while others stay.

This team has a lot of talent but also some heavy contracts as well as also decisions to be made whether age or youth are more important.

So, how much of the current roster would you want to keep with a new HC and GM?

When Quinn was hired, nearly all of the defense appeared to be turned over for new players but much of the offense was not. 

Do you think the current roster should be almost all different players in 2021 - 0% kept or maybe 50% - about 26 players kept?

Note:  This is an approximation - if you may want 80%, please pick 75% which is closest, I also left 100% off as there is no way with draft picks/free agency there would not be some change in players.

Edited by jlrfalcon

Anybody playing in the secondary not named sheffield needs to be torpedoed. Oliver is p*ss garbo, neal got trucked by a 140 lb WR and rico has always been average...on his best days. The rest of the team is pretty much a less crappy version of that. Heave the whole squad not named grady, ridley, hurst, and what, 2-3 others? Heave the rest.

New guy first post 40 year fan. Keep Grady. Keep Ridley. Keep the dang kicker and punter. All else = see ya later. Ryan has never been able to score in the red zone. Julio is still incredible at 50% which seems he has been every game for 5 years. Way to expensive to pay 2 men who dont score touchdowns as well as people making 5% of their paychecks. Use that money to hire the nastiest big uglys out there. Use first overall pick to get Fields. I love the Clemson kid but Fields can throw and run. Godbless us lol.

To be honest I'm not invested in anyone on the roster as I used to be. Ryan and Julio are locks to stay a couple years for contract and sales reasons. Ridley and Grady are great players who probably should be retained. However this whole team has left a sour taste in my mouth and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the whole roster purged.

I almost feel like I’m gonna hold judgement on any player till the end of the season. It has been almost impossible for any player to thrive under quinn for a few years now.

90% of this roster has 11 games left to prove they aren’t as poor as they’ve shown under Quinn. I think there has to be some players who show a lot more now he’s gone. 

Honestly, I kind of don’t care who the players are. I want to effing win and quit with the BS.

With that said: Lindstrom, Hennessy, Matthews, Hurst, Ridley, Gage, Grady, Debo, Foye, Tyeler Davison, Cominsky, Marlon Davidson, Sheffield, and Terrell.

Really, the entire current rookie class. I also wonder should we re-sign Ridley after his 5th year or not though. 

The correct answer is obviously as much or as little as the next GM/HC sees fit. I don't think we lack for talent and I think with proper coaching and coordinators that put players in positions to succeed, you will see a marked improvement in a number of younger players. 

The average roster turnover is around 20%, so I would say somewhere between 65-80% of the roster will likely be retained. There is no way we are retaining less than 50% of the current roster (as most have voted for).

5 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

To be honest I'm not invested in anyone on the roster as I used to be. Ryan and Julio are locks to stay a couple years for contract and sales reasons. Ridley and Grady are great players who probably should be retained. However this whole team has left a sour taste in my mouth and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the whole roster purged.

What he said.

Sadly, Julio and Ryan have contracts that force the team to keep them at least another season.  I suspect that Fowler, Neal, Allen, Kazee, and Takk will be gone from the defense.  

I think that Jake Matthews is at risk, especially if the coaching staff feels that Gono can step into the LT position.  Gurley will likely be gone, as well as Mack.

This is final year of Gono's contract.  It's time to play him and see what he can do.  Dallas game he looked great.  Bears game against Mack rough first half but a good 2nd half.  I still think he is a left side player and not right.  I still feel he is a better LG or LT than RG or RT.  Could he be traded now?