OFFICIAL: TD & Quinn Have Been Relieved Of Their Duties

FalconsIn2012

44 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Remember, some people around here blame the offense when we lose 40-39

Because it takes both sides of the ball not showing up to blow a lead and y’all only place the blame on one. It’s okay for the offense to only show up 2 quarters but not the defense. There’s the issue

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

See I don't care if he is a offensive mind or a defensive mind.....I just want someone to win.

At minimum, my point is if they have a background on one side of the ball: IT MUST SHOW! Can you imagine the success we have wasted with Dan? Shoulda hired Kyle back then ROFL!

1 minute ago, cwell1 said:

Because it takes both sides of the ball not showing up to blow a lead and y’all only place the blame on one. It’s okay for the offense to only show up 2 quarters but not the defense? There’s the issue

But the offense didn't just show up for 2 quarters.

The fact is the defense allowed the cowboys to March down the field at will.

And the offense more often than not countered.

Regarless of that the offense have the defense a 2 score game with 3 minutes to play.

In no way shape or form was the offense responsible for the collapse

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

At minimum, my point is if they have a background on one side of the ball: IT MUST SHOW! Can you imagine the success we have wasted with Dan? Shoulda hired Kyle back then ROFL!

Here is the thing with that.

Mor often then not even good defensive minded coaches have bad defenses as a head coach.

Take Rex Ryan and Mike Nolan....both had phenomenal defenses as DC's....both had terrible defenses as  HC's.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Mor often then not even good defensive minded coaches have bad defenses as a head coach.

Take Rex Ryan and Mike Nolan....both had phenomenal defenses as DC's....both had terrible defenses as  HC's.

So...They were bad head coaches that got fired for not bringing anything to the table?

Then, you have to dig into why and figure out who can lead a team; while installing reliable schemes/systems on both sides of the ball.

Otherwise, you wind up mediocre and not great at anything.

Brian Billick was the OC with one of the greatest offenses in history.....had very Meh offenses in Baltimore.

And for a modern example....Kyle Shanahan obviously had a historic offense here for one of the 2 years he was here.

But in 2 of the 3 seasons in SF....the offense has been bottom tier and it is trending down this year so far.

So we need to be very weary of coordinators.

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Considering how he plucked the colts over...that makes him even less appealing

The only thing I can think of is that he had some kind of inside knowledge that Andrew Luck was going to retire and that's why he changed course. It's the only thing that even makes any sort of sense.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Regarless of that the offense have the defense a 2 score game with 3 minutes to play.

Look! Its pretty simple guys. We have played 5 games equaling 5 hours or 300 minutes ...... 60 minutes per game so far and in not 1 of those games have we given a solid 60 minutes of performance. Every single game we have lost is because of lapses in both mental or physical attention. This was especially evident in the two comeback losses. If you don't play for 60 minutes you loose plain and simple!!! That goes for coaches and players alike!!!

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The only thing I can think of is that he had some kind of inside knowledge that Andrew Luck was going to retire and that's why he changed course. It's the only thing that even makes any sort of sense.

Maybe....but then that means he would have had a chance to get his own guy.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Brian Billick was the OC with one of the greatest offenses in history.....had very Meh offenses in Baltimore.

And for a modern example....Kyle Shanahan obviously had a historic offense here for one of the 2 years he was here.

But in 2 of the 3 seasons in SF....the offense has been bottom tier and it is trending down this year so far.

So we need to be very weary of coordinators.

Another thing to point out, everyone keeps saying "no retreads" blah, blah, blah but sometimes retreads end up turning it around their second time as HC because they learned from what worked and what failed their first time around as HC. Bill Belichick is the obvious one but Seattle is Pete Carroll's 3rd NFL HC job and wouldn't all of us love to have Pete Carroll as HC right now? So I don't automatically rule out someone like Josh McDaniels because of that.

Picking a good NFL head coach isn't easy. Never has been and never will be. You're far more likely to strike **** than you are to strike gold.

Look! Its pretty simple guys. We have played 5 games equaling 5 hours or 300 minutes ...... 60 minutes per game so far and in not 1 of those games have we given a solid 60 minutes of performance. Every single game we have lost is because of lapses in both mental or physical attention. This was especially evident in the two comeback losses. If you don't play for 60 minutes you loose plain and simple!!! That goes for coaches and players alike!!!

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Maybe....but then that means he would have had a chance to get his own guy.

But maybe the Colts job was only attractive to him because of Luck and without Luck the job isn't attractive? Maybe he looked at the QBs in the 2018 and 19 drafts and decided that none of them were his guy? Nobody knows.

I know I've said no more "defensive" head coaches but I would give Jim Caldwell serious consideration.  The guy has an 62-50 NFL record but the dude turned in 3 winning seasons out of 4 years in Detroit and made the playoffs twice. Anyone that can win with that dumpster fire has to be a pretty good head coach. Caldwell won 9 games his last year in Detroit. They've won a grand total of 10 games in the going on 3 years since.

Edited by AUTiger7222

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Another thing to point out, everyone keeps saying "no retreads" blah, blah, blah but sometimes retreads end up turning it around their second time as HC because they learned from what worked and what failed their first time around as HC. Bill Belichick is the obvious one but Seattle is Pete Carroll's 3rd NFL HC job and wouldn't all of us love to have Pete Carroll as HC right now? So I don't automatically rule out someone like Josh McDaniels because of that.

Picking a good NFL head coach isn't easy. Never has been and never will be. You're far more likely to strike **** than you are to strike gold.

No doubt about that.

We as a franchise have been spoiled because we have had 2 head coaches turn things around rather quickly.

I have often said that one of the things that did Smitty in was making relevant immediately...rather than taking a couple years to build.

And Quinn had us in the playoffs 2 out of first 3 years.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I know I've said no more "defensive" head coaches but I would give Jim Caldwell serious consideration.  The guy has an 62-50 NFL record but the dude turned in 3 winning seasons out of 4 years in Detroit and made the playoffs twice. Anyone that can win with that dumpster fire has to be a pretty good head coach.

He wouly be someone I would be interested in.

He is a **** fine coach to got railroaded twice.

23 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If the offense responded then you can’t lose the lead then. Make it make sense. They didn’t respond. They gave the ball back in less than 60 seconds like they usually do. This isn’t make it take it.  It’s the defenses job to get stops, they didn’t do that. It’s the offenses job to control the clock, move the ball and score points, they didn’t do that. BOW! Blown lead. Neither did their job in crunch time.

You can’t build a lead unless both sides do their job and you can’t lose a lead unless both sides don’t do their jobs. 

Produce when it matters, not just in the first 2 or 3 quarters, or when the game is out of hand already (when there’s no pressure to perform)

I can’t remember the last time we just took control of a game down the stretch

2 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

If the offense responded then you can’t lose the lead then. Make it make sense. They didn’t respond. They gave the ball back in less than 60 seconds like they usually do. This isn’t make it take it.  It’s the defenses job to get stops, they didn’t do that. It’s the offensive job to control the clock, move the ball and score points, they didn’t do that. BOW! Blown lead. Neither did their job in crunch time.

You can’t build a lead unless both sides do their job and you can’t lose a lead unless both sides don’t do their jobs. 

Produce when it matters, not just in the first 2 or 3 quarters, or when the game is out of hand already (when there’s no pressure to perform)

The cowboys cut the lead to 9 and then the offense pushed back up to 15.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The cowboys cut the lead to 9 and then the offense pushed back up to 15.

So did they score a 16 pointer off one play after that? Smh This is not just about the Cowboys game. We’ve blown 72 million leads since 2008. The formula is dang near the same each time. Jump on them early and disappear late. both sides get complacent and stop doing their jobs and teams come back

34 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Rex had a bunch of top 5 defenses with the jets. I'd be more than happy to have him as our Hc.