Edit: Morris, Not Koetter Named Interim HC

FalconsIn2012

32 minutes ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Dirk is part of the problem. He should be fired as well.  This guy doesn't believe in staying with the run and wants to pass all the time. Gurley had over 100 yards rushing and they abandoned the run today.  

Somebody has to stick around and finish this thing out.  Can’t fire everyone 

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The falcons never abandon the run today.

The offense had been far more balanced this season.

We are at essentially a 60/40 split which is around league average.

We only ran it 2 fewer times than the Panthers.

The Falcons abandoned the run in the second half.  When there up or down Dirk is part of the problem. He is a passing coach first then the run. If he had of stayed with the run in the second half things might of been different.  With no Julio and Calvin being doubled, the game plan should of been to stick to the run and eat up the clock. Do your homework, Dirk is just like Kyle Shanahan and doesn't  know when to run the ball effectively like he did in the superbowl.  At this point it doesn't matter because there's no way Dirk will officially be named the head coach next year.  As I've said.....he's part of the problem and should of been fired today too!! 

Edited by Wwfalconfan

2 hours ago, cokeman24 said:

Why not give Greg Knapp the title.  These other coaches, other than Raheem Morris (possibly), are abysmal at their job.  Knapp has never had the opportunity as a head coach.  Give him the shot.

Gregg Knapp is awful lol. When is the last time he called plays? Like over ten years ago. 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Whatever, as long as it means he is handing over play calling duties. Wouldn’t surprise me, Blank/TD obviously like the guy if they brought him back in the first place.

gonna be a lot of rumors, let’s see how this plays out.

That's what I thought too. Can't believe I'm going to say this but been hoping he'd be interim HC only because I hope he hands off play calling.

This is the last time that I am going to comment on this but Dirk isn't the problem..he hasn't been the problem.

The "scheme" is not the problem.

The play calling is not the problem.

We simply are not executing in critical situations.

We are dropping open passes and we are missing open receivers in spots where can't afford to do so.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This is the last time that I am going to comment on this but Dirk isn't the problem..he hasn't been the problem.

The "scheme" is not the problem.

The play calling is not the problem.

We simply are not executing in critical situations.

We are dropping open passes and we are missing open receivers in spots where can't afford to do so.

Dirk has not been great, no doubt about it. But  regardless I kind of agree. We've had some massive blunders that are just players not making easy plays. Hurst was wide open for TD late, Russel Gage drops an enormous first down ball that hits him squarely on the face, Brian HIll against the bears dropping a gimme.  Dirk is a middle of the road OC, and probably antiquated with the way the game is today. But people asking for Knapp to take over... good grief, talk about grass is always greener. 

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Dirk has not been great, no doubt about it. But  regardless I kind of agree. We've had some massive blunders that are just players not making easy plays. Hurst was wide open for TD late, Russel Gage drops an enormous first down ball that hits him squarely on the face, Brian HIll against the bears dropping a gimme.  Dirk is a middle of the road OC, and probably antiquated with the way the game is today. But people asking for Knapp to take over... good grief, talk about grass is always greener. 

Here is the thing...Fundamentally we don't do anything really different than anyone else in the league....save the guys who are running threats...we crearly do not use Matt like Seattle uses Wilson or Jackson i. Baltimore.

I mean look at KC's offense....their are differences in terms of  window dressings and such but at the core...we actually do alot of the same things.

It is just different because Mahomes is on a different level of arm talent and moves a round alot more. But they run alot of the same deep routes and He takes alot of deep drops....which we even don't take as may of as people think.

When they run...it not not fancy or "I imaginative"...they run alot of pulls and inside traps just like we do.

Which makes sense because even though Reid is a "wco" guy he has always like to throw deep.

Much like Denny Green.

Our offense isn't really antiquated.... Just the perception of it is.

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Edit: Morris, Not Koetter Named Interim HC