Appreciation Thread...kind of: Coach Dan Quinn

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Everyone says he's a nice guy. That's cool.

I happen to believe that he's a snake. He knew good and ****ed well what he was doing when he let Lefleur and McDaniel walk out the door. I firmly believe that he didn't like that Shanny got all the praise in 2016, and knew it'd be more of the same.

If the reason he didn't consider LaFleur or Mcdaniels was because he didn't want to share the spotlight with a Shanny disciple then that would make me hate the guy even more.

15 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

If the reason he didn't consider LaFleur or Mcdaniels was because he didn't want to share the spotlight with a Shanny disciple then that would make me hate the guy even more.

I cant think of a single valid reason otherwise.

He wanted to run the same system and LeFleur was willing to take the job, that is known. Why would he tell the guys that had been w/ Shanny for years and knew the system like the back of their hands to get lost? I mean they didn't even stay w/ the team in ANY capacity. Why would he then hire 2 other OC's to run the system that McDaniel and Lefleur could have easily ran for us?  It makes zero sense. It was basically assumed by 90% of us that LeFleur was taking over and was a bit of a surprise when he left.

It was either gross negligence or jealousy.

Edited by Snafu
3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I cant think of a single valid reason otherwise.

He wanted to run the same system, that is known. Why would he tell the guys that had been w/ Shanny for years and knew the system like the back of their hands to get lost? I mean they didn't even stay w/ the team in ANY capacity. Why would he then hire 2 other OC's to run the system that McDaniel and Lefleur could have easily ran for us?  It makes zero sense. It was basically assumed by 90% of us that LeFleur was taking over and was a bit of a surprise when he left.

As much as I don't like DQ, I find it hard to believe he let his pride get in the way to that degree. But it makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

As much as I don't like DQ, I find it hard to believe he let his pride get in the way to that degree. But it makes sense. 

People can say he might not have felt they were not ready, but he turned around and hired a guy that had never coached in the NFL and ran a completely different offensive scheme.

I guess it could have been a personality clash, but that lends into the jealousy aspect. If they had a riff and We continued kicking *** on offense and the defense continued to suck, who are people going to side with?

25 minutes ago, E. T. said:

What is a popcorn fart?

popcorn fart

a faint non smelly fart, hardly worth the effort.
with the market these days if you own anything but real estate you own a popcorn fart.
the rapid firing of several small farts, that when done correctly, sounds quite similar to a small mouse riding through the house on a motorcycle. putt putt putt putt putt!
mother: um, junior… do i hear someone p-ssing a series of popcorn farts?The