Appreciation Thread...kind of: Coach Dan Quinn

This will go over like a popcorn fart, but I’ll offer it up anyways.  

It was time for Quinn to go. In fact, I believe it was his time when he allowed his dear friend Manuel be offered up as a scapegoat.  That type of betrayal is not part of his DNA.   I honestly believe this is better for Quinn and obviously a reset is needed for the Falcons...and don’t even get me started on how much we faithful fans are owed.  There isn’t enough space.

I will forever be grateful for 2016.  While the ending of that season also brings out my shallow, spiteful side, for the most part that season was a great series of memories for me.  IIt showed us what our roster is capable of with proper coaching.  SB51 showed us all the true power a coach can have on a game, good & bad clearly on display for all to see.  It’s why the last three years have been frustrating.   But even if we won that SB, DQ likely still gets fired today.  

So thank you for the memories, Coach Quinn.  I honestly believe you are a tremendous human being and hopefully you take advantage of your next opportunity.  But f*** you too.  

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This will go over like a popcorn fart, but I’ll offer it up anyways.  It was time for Quinn to go. In fact, I believe it was his time when he let Manuel go.  I honestly believe this is better for Quinn and obviously a reset is needed for the Falcons

I will forever be grateful and spiteful for 2016.   It showed us what our roster is capable of with proper coaching.  It’s why the last three years have been frustrating.   But even if we won that SB, DQ likely still gets fired today.  

So thank you for the memories, Coach Quinn.  I honestly believe you are a tremendous human being and hopefully you take advantage of your next opportunity.  But f*** you too.  

The last part. Lol

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Appreciation Thread...kind of: Coach Dan Quinn
2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I find it amazing how all good not only becomes erased, but is not even considered good anymore if things become bad later on.

Some of the greatest Falcons games in our history have come under Quinn's tenure. That won't change for me, even with all terrible things became.

Don't you mean under shanahan ???...

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I find it amazing how all good not only becomes erased, but is not even considered good anymore if things become bad later on.

Some of the greatest Falcons games in our history have come under Quinn's tenure. That won't change for me, even with all terrible things became.

Same happened to Mike Smith, who was great for us.  I really like Quinn and think there were things going on internally after 2018 that created a  dysfunctional organization.  The firing of Manuel never made sense and I don’t think it was his decision 

All conjecture, but I believe it is true

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I have an appreciation for 2016.  I also realize 2016 was made possible because of the offense and Kyle Shanahan.

Quinn seems like an excellent dude, so firing an excellent dude is always kinda crappy, but on the field he brought very little.  A supposed defensive genius that couldn't even break into the average defense category during his time here, paired with the cheesy slogans and vomit inducing Quinnisms after year and year of subpart performances and consistently being outcoached and frankly falling on his face more times than I care to admit...I'm ready to see him go.

I wish him well.  Just not here.

Everyone says he's a nice guy. That's cool.

I happen to believe that he's a snake. He knew good and ****ed well what he was doing when he let Lefleur and McDaniel walk out the door. I firmly believe that he didn't like that Shanny got all the praise in 2016, and knew it'd be more of the same.

Edited by Snafu