Matt Is A Part Of The Problem

2 interceptions in 5 games (would be 6-7 in a full season) is really not that bad.

Most teams would be able to overcome these kind of turnovers.

Not to say that Ryan's interception today was no big deal, but a good defense would have come out and then found a way to stop Carolina from marching down the field.

Ryan's interception was a split-second mistake, but the defense's continued lack of effort and obvious lack of poor coaching is a long-term mistake.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Along with DQ, Koetter, Offense and Defense. No nore excuses , either you step up and produce and do the **** job or you dont 

You could put Patrick Mahomes on this team at QB and it still wouldn’t matter

He looks old. Scared in the pocket, hesitant, and throws come up short. What was that interception? Where was the decisive throw to a wide open Hurst? Move on if you get a top draft pick. 

1 minute ago, FalconofShadows said:

Someone likes to try to trigger people. Sad life

Nah, it’s just funny to me how l was attacked last year for saying Ryan was washed, and now finally people are starring to wake up yet there will still be these Ryan white knights who will do anything and everything to defend their king. It’s laughable honestly. 

1 minute ago, Clean house said:

Nah, it’s just funny to me how l was attacked last year for saying Ryan was washed, and now finally people are starring to wake up yet there will still be these Ryan white knights who will do anything and everything to defend their king. It’s laughable honestly. 

Also kinda laughable to spend so much time going on and on about Ryan. You post your thoughts once and boom your good but man its every 20 seconds 

34 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Because the Falcons will be in the rare position to draft one of the best QBs in the draft during an especially strong QB draft.

Doesn't matter what QB they bring in here if they don't fix this defense and its gonna least be a 2 or 3 season fix especially with the new regime that's gonna come in. 

11 minutes ago, FIERCE FALCON said:

Have the atlanta fans not realize that Ryan has checked out on this sorey coaching staff?? We could have Trevor Lawrenxe or Aaron Rodgers and still be 0-5 with this defense and coaching 

Ryan's body and conscience has checked out. Ego/since of accountability is still there, why he still suits up, says the right things and trys. Ego n accountability can get you killed though...listen to your conscience and body, 35 is football old

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

Because the Falcons will be in the rare position to draft one of the best QBs in the draft during an especially strong QB draft.

Right, and the people that say we should turn down the opportunity to secure QB for the next 10+ years out of loyalty for Ryan are insane. He’s not the biggest problem but **** would I love to see some fresh blood at QB for the next HC to work with. Preferably someone who can actually move and hit deep balls more consistently.

But he’ll beat up some prevent defenses next week pad his stats and his loyalists will go right back to pretending he’s the next coming of Peyton Manning.

12 minutes ago, caponine said:

Idk why people think getting a new coach will help Ryan , 

He cant make a simple 20 - 30 yard throw without trouble 

Literally my biggest issue. How are you a 12 year vet but you still can’t throw the deep ball or a decent fade route? If you can’t move you need to be able to hit every single throw. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Right, and the people that say we should turn down the opportunity to secure QB for the next 10+ years out of loyalty for Ryan are insane. He’s not the biggest problem but **** would I love to see some fresh blood at QB for the next HC to work with. Preferably someone who can actually move and hit deep balls more consistently.

But he’ll beat up some prevent defenses next week pad his stats and his loyalists will go right back to pretending he’s the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Yeah, the unfortunate reality for Matt is that most QBs don't get the storybook ride off into the sunset with a superbowl ending. Gotta secure our future.

1 hour ago, Norwood all the way! said:

Is Ryan playing at his best? No. Is he in a bad situation? Yes. Our coaching has exacerbated the product on the field. He also isn't tradeable now or this off-season so the sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner you can focus on how else to better the team

you right about that, we had plenty of chances to put ryan in incentive laden contracts but instead put anchor chains around our necks by giving him elite money

Agreed. I know a lot of people here love him, and think he can play another 5-6 years until he's up in age ala Brady and Brees. And while that may be true, I hope it won't be for this team. Falcons need to be looking to move on within the next 2 years. It's time.  I'm not sure what that was he call himself doing today but that wasn't it. 

Matt has done a lot of great things for this franchise and will always be known as the best QB in franchise history. However, we cant let performance of the past and emotion lead the way. We have to know when to move on.