How do we best rebuild this team?

This team is clearly very bad. The coaches are a big part of it but we also have too many starters that don't even deserve to be backups (Oliver my god). Our two "best" pieces are also getting old and their best years are clearly behind them (Julio, Ryan, Mack). Is there really any chance we can be competitive in the next few years at all? 

We're also so bad on the cap, I'm not really sure what we can do. I'm not a cap guru, but I'm pretty sure we can't get rid of Ryan's or Julio's contract. Ideally, only a few starters on this team should be starters next year but we can't really do much in free agency as I understand it. We also need a new head coach, OC, DC, and hopefully conditioning coach too (all those injuries). 

I'm just curious for non-mad, non-reactionary opinions. I'm also worried because the falcons don't seem to be a place any new head coach would want to be. Only good players are mostly aging, cap ****, historically terrible defense. I'm just worried we're gonna be the new browns for the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

No single move will have a bigger impact than a new coaching staff

For sure. Just wondering who is out there? I know Eric beniemy but it seems houston wants him as well and can't lie if I was him, I'd pick houston. What other head coache possibilities are out there?

And what about OC and DC? We need those as well. And this is in the weeds but also conditioning coaches? I'm tired of being so injured every year and it can't just be coincidence 

Just now, Killing Floor said:

Really not trying to be a hater. But we need a plan A for QB. Ryan has been great but his highlight reel is in the rear view. Need to start thinking about the next guy and start building. 

Obviously the entire coaching staff has no parts worth saving. 

I agree about Ryan. I have been one of his biggest supporters. But I just don't see us having a good team in the next 2-3 years. And after that, he's in the twilight of his career. If it weren't for cap issues, I'd be totally fine trading him

39 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Really not trying to be a hater. But we need a plan A for QB. Ryan has been great but his highlight reel is in the rear view. Need to start thinking about the next guy and start building. 

Obviously the entire coaching staff has no parts worth saving. 

I agree Ryan’s best days are likely in his past, but I still believe he can play very well under a better offensive system. I sure hope so anyways because I don’t see how he isn’t the QB in 2021.

He is a quick release, timing QB. Not a fit for Koetters Madden 95 offense

This is a bad situation. Outside of Ryan Julio and maybe Mathews and I guess technically Rico everyone is a Quinn player that was brought in to work his schemes that have failed. 

I think some of the good players we have right now may have been broken by Quinn. These players expect to find a way to lose. I’m not sure who’s on the roster you can confidently build around. 

Just now, MAD597 said:

I'd personally like to ship the entire franchise to ST Louis and start over with a brand new expansion team.

It’s a city curse...just ask Cleveland...the same scenario would likely play out. STL gets a SB and Atlanta gets a 20 year expansion team.

I think we already have the pieces on offense ready to go. The offensive line and receivers. We need to hire someone from the chiefs or 49ers. Then allow them to hire their defensive coordinator to build that side of the ball from scratch. It will be the fastest turnaround that still allows us to somewhat salvage the back end of Julio and Matt era. 

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

It’s not all the players.  Good players are coachable. We have some guys that should be cut but we Have some firepower too. 

I agree. It's just so **** hard to evaluate when you know the coaches are terrible

25 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

This team is clearly very bad. The coaches are a big part of it but we also have too many starters that don't even deserve to be backups (Oliver my god). Our two "best" pieces are also getting old and their best years are clearly behind them (Julio, Ryan, Mack). Is there really any chance we can be competitive in the next few years at all? 

We're also so bad on the cap, I'm not really sure what we can do. I'm not a cap guru, but I'm pretty sure we can't get rid of Ryan's or Julio's contract. Ideally, only a few starters on this team should be starters next year but we can't really do much in free agency as I understand it. We also need a new head coach, OC, DC, and hopefully conditioning coach too (all those injuries). 

I'm just curious for non-mad, non-reactionary opinions. I'm also worried because the falcons don't seem to be a place any new head coach would want to be. Only good players are mostly aging, cap ****, historically terrible defense. I'm just worried we're gonna be the new browns for the next 10 years.

Move to Utah 

Not going to be easy. 
1. Hire a magician for OL coach to maximize Ryan’s declining skill set. 
2. Hire a magician for DB coach who can make something of these young players. 
3. Draft a game wrecker for the front 7 who has a rookie impact like a Bosa brother of Myles Garrett. 

This team has a losing culture right now. And it will require a complete overhaul from top to bottom. We have to purge the roster to establish a different culture. We will have to get rid of some of these big names - no one is safe to include Julio and possibly Ryan. Unfortunately, this will take 2-3 years to fix