#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet go

I think we have a real possibility to beat Bama. But if I'm being honest, I don't think I believe we could actually do it until we actually do.

Wrong forum 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I can see this comparison isn't going to get us anywhere, so let's stick to the main point. The team who wins this weekend will claim a legitimate victory. Every game, 2020 or otherwise, has its "should haves" and "could haves", but like always they will fall on deaf ears.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. 

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Yes you did. Read the posts again.

First you tried to equate losing your QB in August and replacing him with a QB that has won every game since is the same as losing your HC for the biggest game of the year. You never did explain that correlation to me, btw.

Then you say not having a head coach on the sidelines at a game really wouldn't be a reason to not win a game, like if Kirby came down with it right before FL game. So what I said was, you will have to eat your words if that happened, I hope it doesn't happen, I hope nobody contracts Covid.

That is what I meant when I said you better not say a word, I'm sorry if some of you don't understand some Southern talk! 

The point he was trying to make is that by all accounts, Stet was the 4th string guy, and now we are counting on him to lead us to the promised land. VERY FEW, if any teams would still be in the SEC Championship conversation with their 4th string QB leading them. It is a pretty rare situation. 

Not having Saban for a game isn't really that big of a deal, because he has plenty of good coaches on that sideline with championship pedigree. 

If Bama loses, Tide fans can't make all the excuses they want, but in the end, nobody will really care. Winning is what will be remembered 20 years from now, not that Saban missed the game. 

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

The point he was trying to make is that by all accounts, Stet was the 4th string guy, and now we are counting on him to lead us to the promised land. VERY FEW, if any teams would still be in the SEC Championship conversation with their 4th string QB leading them. It is a pretty rare situation. 

Not having Saban for a game isn't really that big of a deal, because he has plenty of good coaches on that sideline with championship pedigree. 

If Bama loses, Tide fans can't make all the excuses they want, but in the end, nobody will really care. Winning is what will be remembered 20 years from now, not that Saban missed the game. 

So if Saban not being isn’t a big, why did the line in Vegas change within minutes of the news?

Yea, no big deal to GA fans, big deal to Vegas and the rest of the country!

7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

So if Saban not being isn’t a big, why did the line in Vegas change within minutes of the news?

You seem to be really fired up, and I can’t figure out why.

UGA is the crappy position, not Alabama. UGA wins and it’s “of course you did, we didn't have Saban.” UGA loses and it’s “see, you guys couldn’t even handle us without Saban.”

UGA can’t really win in this scenario, except to win the game and not worry about all that nonsense. I just don’t get what you are so fired up about, it’s not like you guys have anything to lose in this game. 

I don’t think people think it isn’t a going to affect Bama some, but at this point the O and D coordinators have their plans down. Saban just won’t be on the sidelines to yell at people. I don’t think y’all will need him to make a QB switch this time, so.. yes.. it will not help you that he is gone..it would be worse if a key player got COVID and had to sit out. 

The line changed only changed 2 points. 

33 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

You seem to be really fired up, and I can’t figure out why.

UGA is the crappy position, not Alabama. UGA wins and it’s “of course you did, we didn't have Saban.” UGA loses and it’s “see, you guys couldn’t even handle us without Saban.”

UGA can’t really win in this scenario, except to win the game and not worry about all that nonsense. I just don’t get what you are so fired up about, it’s not like you guys have anything to lose in this game. 

Why is having a conversation with opposing views considered being “fired up”?

Couldn’t you say that about the guys in this conversation too?

34 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I don’t think people think it isn’t a going to affect Bama some, but at this point the O and D coordinators have their plans down. Saban just won’t be on the sidelines to yell at people. I don’t think y’all will need him to make a QB switch this time, so.. yes.. it will not help you that he is gone..it would be worse if a key player got COVID and had to sit out. 

The line changed only changed 2 points. 

So, Sark will not have 100% of his attention on the offensive and play calling now because he steps into the role of HC.

It’s not just Saban not being there physically, we are 1 man down. Everyone has to do their job and more.

And add the role of Saban’s physical presence on the sideline which is more than just “yelling” at his players!

The line moved 2 points OR 30%

saban won't be there, but i believe bama will be fine.  they have a ton of talent and he is coaching remotely and they have been prepping for this game for a while.  this was planned for from the very beginning.  each team had a hierarchy of who would take over if a head coach got Covid.  saban stated early on he was very happy with his staff and how capable they are to handle a situation like this.  i believe saban will still be in the ear of sark and the other coaches..  what happened to UGA was pretty huge ending up with our 4th string qb who had zero practice time with our 1s or 2s.. he only got time with the scout squad and 3s..  imagine bama starting Logan Burnett who was a walk on at msu.  he is a huge step down from mac jones, young, and tyson.  I am just happy Nick saban is recovering and is doing good after getting covid.  Having covid myself it really does fatigue you a lot for a few weeks.   I understand and see both sides of the disagreement above.  i don't think there is a wrong answer on which is more impt to the team or a right answer..  this is a huge game for both teams and I just hope player wise both teams are 100% so it's a slobber knocker i think it will be.. even without saban we will lose 38 to 24.. i just don't see stetson capable of winning a game like this.  frankly he scares the crap out of me throwing against that bama defense even with their numbers, they have a ton of talent.. i would feel so much better if daniels was healthy..  

51 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Can you pass COVID in a couple of days lol? Really hope saban is there 

10 days.. that is when you are no longer contagious and can leave after symptoms.. now if you have no symptoms they will test until you get a negative test.. the issue is covid stays in your tissue for up to 90 days so the CDC came out and said you do not have to get a negative test to go back to work, but the sec rules may be different.. saban could have had covid for a while without symptoms.. 

13 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You Bama fans act like he is the Messiah. Honestly, it's not gonna matter on Saturday night anyhow, because that Bama defense is trash. UGA in a big way.

9 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

saban won't be there, but i believe bama will be fine.  they have a ton of talent and he is coaching remotely and they have been prepping for this game for a while.  this was planned for from the very beginning.  each team had a hierarchy of who would take over if a head coach got Covid.  saban stated early on he was very happy with his staff and how capable they are to handle a situation like this.  i believe saban will still be in the ear of sark and the other coaches..  what happened to UGA was pretty huge ending up with our 4th string qb who had zero practice time with our 1s or 2s.. he only got time with the scout squad and 3s..  imagine bama starting Logan Burnett who was a walk on at msu.  he is a huge step down from mac jones, young, and tyson.  I am just happy Nick saban is recovering and is doing good after getting covid.  Having covid myself it really does fatigue you a lot for a few weeks.   I understand and see both sides of the disagreement above.  i don't think there is a wrong answer on which is more impt to the team or a right answer..  this is a huge game for both teams and I just hope player wise both teams are 100% so it's a slobber knocker i think it will be.. even without saban we will lose 38 to 24.. i just don't see stetson capable of winning a game like this.  frankly he scares the crap out of me throwing against that bama defense even with their numbers, they have a ton of talent.. i would feel so much better if daniels was healthy..  

I think GA wins this game.

He is not allowed contact with his staff or players 90 minutes before the game or at anytime during the game, so he will have no input into the game as it is being played.

The plan at the beginning of the season was to have Butch Jones step into the role of on the field head coach should Saban be out for a game. Not sure why that changed. I just want Sark's attention on the offense the whole game, not distracted by the in game management. That is my concern where I think our offense will be hurting.

13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I think GA wins this game.

He is not allowed contact with his staff or players 90 minutes before the game or at anytime during the game, so he will have no input into the game as it is being played.

The plan at the beginning of the season was to have Butch Jones step into the role of on the field head coach should Saban be out for a game. Not sure why that changed. I just want Sark's attention on the offense the whole game, not distracted by the in game management. That is my concern where I think our offense will be hurting.

Bama will find a way around that.  Saban probably has one of the GA or even the water girl on speed dial.  Messages will be relayed to Sark

Hope we get a good game tomorrow night. I don't see the Dawgs winning this one. The Alabama defense will look better against the Georgia offense that doesn't play fast. And while Bennet has been a great story, I just don't think he has the arm needed.  His deep balls don't cut it. Maybe the offensive line comes to play and the running game carries the offense. 

I'm more looking forward to the other side of the ball. Bama averages 51, Georgia gives up 12. That's 31.5 average. If this defense is what many think, they hold them under 30.

Bama 27 - Dawgs 20

Me: 🧉🧉🧉🧉🧉🧉

Hoping the positive covid situation will only be a small inconvenience for everyone around that situation at Bama and hope that it doesn’t spread from there. It can be such a terrible terrible thing for some people.

Knowing Saban, I suspect that they had a full plan on how to handle something like this. He has always been a meticulous planner and true program leader. Does him not being out there as usual change things? Somewhat. But I’d argue this is more of a media or fan storyline than it is impactful to the game. The players know what to do. The assistant coaches all know what to do.

Which is to say, if UGA wins then it becomes a talking point and a storyline heading into a potential rematch for the SEC title. If Bama wins then it will be “no Saban, no problem.”

Hoping the best for him and everyone else close to that situation. Hopefully both teams get through this weekend without injuries as well.

Go Dawgs

2 hours ago, freakyfalcon said:

Bama will find a way around that.  Saban probably has one of the GA or even the water girl on speed dial.  Messages will be relayed to Sark

If Saban cheated as much you think he does, why has he ever lost a game? Why has he lost a NCG? Why was he not in the playoffs last year?

My gosh, you need to settle down with all these cheating conspiracies and relax dude.

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

If Saban cheated as much you think he does, why has he ever lost a game? Why has he lost a NCG? Why was he not in the playoffs last year?

My gosh, you need to settle down with all these cheating conspiracies and relax dude.

You got real defensive real quick 

I have no doubt in my mind that Saban will find a way to communicate with coaches during the game regardless if it isn’t supposed to be allowed.  

That being said, if the tables were reversed and Kirby was home with Covid, I would also have no doubt he would find a way to communicate with the coaches during game as well.

so it really doesn’t bother me to be honest if Saban does.

Edited by Is This What You Want?
Spelling