Jump to content

#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Dawgfanbrock said:

I was just saying saban is saban- seems like he’s a little bit of a different animal believe we can all agree. I hope they don’t but my money is on they postpone the game 

The league has policies and as long as it stays with only Saban this game will go on as scheduled. The things to keep an eye on is

1. Saban’s 2nd test 

2. if other players or assistants test positive because I’m sure everyone will have to be tested again tonight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet go

I think we have a real possibility to beat Bama. But if I'm being honest, I don't think I believe we could actually do it until we actually do.

Wrong forum 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The league has policies and as long as it stays with only Saban this game will go on as scheduled. The things to keep an eye on is

1. Saban’s 2nd test 

2. if other players or assistants test positive because I’m sure everyone will have to be tested again tonight.

 

Ok didn’t know that thx 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

 

I was so excited about this game, had my tickets and was ready to go to T-Town. Now, not so much.

 I really thought this was going to be The Game, but not having Saban on the field coaching his team, is a major advantage for GA! It’s really too bad it happened for this game that both sides were so looking forward to.

I wonder when GA wins, does Kirby become the first assistant to beat Saban even though he won’t be coaching the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I was so excited about this game, had my tickets and was ready to go to T-Town. Now, not so much.

 I really thought this was going to be The Game, but not having Saban on the field coaching his team, is a major advantage for GA! It’s really too bad it happened for this game that both sides were so looking forward to.

I wonder when GA wins, does Kirby become the first assistant to beat Saban even though he won’t be coaching the game?

We will see how much it effects the spread, but on the outside it looks like a big disadvantage for the Tide. It could motivate the **** out of the players though.

was a 6 point spread down to 4 points now. Sounds about right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Bandana said:

Hoping the 2nd tests come back negative for a number of reasons lol. Want Alabama at their full strength and obviously wouldn’t wish the virus on anyone 

From what I understand he has already had the second test. 
The first test was the rapid test, results in minutes, so they did the other to confirm before they made the announcement. Now, this is just what they are saying at Alabama that he had 2 tests, as well as Greg Byrne.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blitz28179 said:

I can hear it now, we beat them and they'll use this as an excuse.

If we don't have our head coach on the sidelines and lose any game, that is a part of a reason not an excuse.

Be honest, if Kirby wasn't coaching this game, you would feel the same way. I want both  teams to be 100% so no one can say "we won because their best RB was out, or their best DL man was out".

If GA wins, enjoy the win, but you can't say that Alabama not having Saban on the sidelines didn't impact Alabama.

Edited by BamaBirdLady
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

If we don't have our head coach on the sidelines and lose any game, that is a part of a reason not an excuse.

Be honest, if Kirby wasn't coaching this game, you would feel the same way. I want both  teams to be 100% so no one can say "we won because their best RB was out, or their best DL man was out".

If GA wins, enjoy the win, but you can't say that Alabama not having Saban on the sidelines didn't impact Alabama.

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet got any reps with the first team, until he was inserted into the Arkansas game. We’re all going to have to deal with this at some point or another. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet got any reps with the first team, until he was inserted into the Arkansas game. We’re all going to have to deal with this at some point or another. 

Really, that's where you are going?

I seem to recall that most you guys were not so worried when Newman left, just the next man up attitude. Which I thought was awesome!

Then JT Daniels wasn't cleared to play and again, it was next man up with Mathis, again great way to handle it with next man up.

When Mathis had issues, Stetson stepped in and all of you have been so impressed and shouting about what a great QB his is.

So excuse me if I really don't see the correlation between losing at QB at the beginning of the season and getting a QB to step up into the role and has lead to an undefeated season and losing your head coach for one of the biggest games of the season!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Really, that's where you are going?

I seem to recall that most you guys were not so worried when Newman left, just the next man up attitude. Which I thought was awesome!

Then JT Daniels wasn't cleared to play and again, it was next man up with Mathis, again great way to handle it with next man up.

When Mathis had issues, Stetson stepped in and all of you have been so impressed and shouting about what a great QB his is.

So excuse me if I really don't see the correlation between losing at QB at the beginning of the season and getting a QB to step up into the role and has lead to an undefeated season and losing your head coach for one of the biggest games of the season!

Hopefully Saban did his job and had a guy groomed to step up. Guess what? It can happen to us , maybe right before UF. It’s the new world we live in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Hopefully Saban did his job and had a guy groomed to step up. Guess what? It can happen to us , maybe right before UF. It’s the new world we live in. 

Yes it can and if it did, which I hope it doesn't, you better not say a word about it having an impact on GA's play in the game. After all, according to you, it's not a big deal to not have your head coach on the side lines. 

It's the  same world we have always lived in, it is just the way that we are made to live in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Yes it can and if it did, which I hope it doesn't, you better not say a word about it having an impact on GA's play in the game. After all, according to you, it's not a big deal to not have your head coach on the side lines. 

It's the  same world we have always lived in, it is just the way that we are made to live in it.

Um, didn’t I just say all this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Um, didn’t I just say all this?

Yes you did. Read the posts again.

First you tried to equate losing your QB in August and replacing him with a QB that has won every game since is the same as losing your HC for the biggest game of the year. You never did explain that correlation to me, btw.

Then you say not having a head coach on the sidelines at a game really wouldn't be a reason to not win a game, like if Kirby came down with it right before FL game. So what I said was, you will have to eat your words if that happened, I hope it doesn't happen, I hope nobody contracts Covid.

That is what I meant when I said you better not say a word, I'm sorry if some of you don't understand some Southern talk! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...