#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread

4 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

The thing that boggles my mind is..... are we recruiting inferior QB’s..... cause Bama is always loaded. Or, are we just really crappy at developing our QB’s? 

How is this even a question?

Jt is hurt

SB is what we expected

Dwan has been out for over a year and is basically a first year guy now

Beck is a freshman 

what do you want them to do?

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet go

I think we have a real possibility to beat Bama. But if I'm being honest, I don't think I believe we could actually do it until we actually do.

Wrong forum 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Agreed. Where were the 4-5 stars sitting on bench waiting for Fromm to move on?

Sure, there was Fields, but whatever the reason Kirby didn’t use him wisely. Now, don’t get mad at me, but any mop up duty he got it was just hand offs.

Saban let Tua come in and throw the ball around, even when we had a big lead. That is why he was ready during the last game of the season. 
Behind Hurts there was Tua and Mac Jones.

No h didn’t. Tua was gone until y’all threw him in the championship he’s even said so. Without that game you lose him.

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No h didn’t. Tua was gone until y’all threw him in the championship he’s even said so. Without that game you lose him.

anyone who remembers that year and I do fans and other insiders and even analysts who cover bama were wondering why Tua wasn't being given more playing time and given a chance to unseat jalen hurts.  he was outperforming him in practice and was a much better passer.. it was an ongoing daily commentary wondering why Saban was being soo stubborn.  His OC wanted Tua, but Saban wouldn't budge due to his loyalty to Hurts.  It was only due to how we dominated bama in that first quarter did Saban finally consider playing Tua.  Tua was in there on a short leash however and if that drive where Tua ran for a big play when we should have sack him ended the way it should have with basic fundmentals he would have been pulled and Jalen put back in.  However he didn't and the rest is history.  If not for that 1st half domination and Saban's hand being forced to make a change Tua would have ended elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

The thing that boggles my mind is..... are we recruiting inferior QB’s..... cause Bama is always loaded. Or, are we just really crappy at developing our QB’s? 

No we aren't recruiting inferior qbs.. in fact fromm was saban's top choice and then when fromm went to UGA he took Tua.. Tua was not bama's first choice..  Beck was also bama's first choice, but we beat them out for him as well.  Dwan was a highly ranked kid coming out also..  JT Daniels is a 5 star talent that is still very young due to missing games with his knee injury.  Regarding developing qbs it's hard to say whether we are good or not because we have a new OC and we have a true freshman, another freshman coming off major brain surgery, and a walk on who is just physically limited.  then we had a transfer leave and we brought in another who is dealing with a knee recovery.  mack jones has nfl guys all around him at the skill positions who have experience and some of which should be in the nfl, but came back for whatever reason.  alabama has done a terrific job recruiting at skill positions and their oline.. they make the qb look even better than he is due to that talent.  i picked us to lose 38 to 24 because i felt that skill talent was going to get some bigtime home run plays and it would be too much for us to keep up with and I was right.  We won't be able to compete score for score with bama with a limited qb in stetson.  he missed so many open players that we could have scored easily 21 to 28 more points in that game if he had made the right read.  alabama's defense was there to be had and we didn't have the qb to take advantage of them.  now it's unfair to give him crap since this is just his 3rd start, but IMO his arm strength and his ceiling isn't close to what tj's is..  TJ needs to be starting in the rematch with bama if we get there.. TJ is freaking smart and can run this offseason.. I hope to see him play a lot against kentucky. 

13 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Nope, you are wrong. Tua was passing in the second game of the season and went 6/9 for 64 yards, he was in the 3rd game and the 4th game against Vanderbilt where we threw for over 100 yards and went 8/10. He was in throwing the ball in almost every game after that except Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M. Justin Fields had more rushing attempts than passing attempts at GA that year.

I love how you guys love to spread the rumor about Tua leaving if he didn't get into game, there is absolutely no proof of it, and  it doesn't matter anyway because he did get into the game and he won that game!

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

anyone who remembers that year and I do fans and other insiders and even analysts who cover bama were wondering why Tua wasn't being given more playing time and given a chance to unseat jalen hurts.  he was outperforming him in practice and was a much better passer.. it was an ongoing daily commentary wondering why Saban was being soo stubborn.  His OC wanted Tua, but Saban wouldn't budge due to his loyalty to Hurts.  It was only due to how we dominated bama in that first quarter did Saban finally consider playing Tua.  Tua was in there on a short leash however and if that drive where Tua ran for a big play when we should have sack him ended the way it should have with basic fundmentals he would have been pulled and Jalen put back in.  However he didn't and the rest is history.  If not for that 1st half domination and Saban's hand being forced to make a change Tua would have ended elsewhere. 

It seems people are forgetting that Hurts was winning, he was winning a lot. His only loss was to Clemson in NCG which was not on him but on our defense. It was his job to lose and he lost it in the NCG against GA.

Like I stated earlier, Tua was going in almost every game as a freshman and he was throwing the ball in those games, not just handing the ball off or running the ball himself.

Honestly, and get mad at me if you want, I think rather than admit or acknowledge that Kirby screwed up with Fields, a lot of you want to look at Saban and point the finger at him and how he "almost" screwed up. Well, it worked at fine at Bama, whether the rumors are true or not that Tua was going to leave and I haven't seen any evidence of them, it really doesn't matter. Tua stayed and Field left, there's your evidence.

Moving forward GA has to get the QB situation straighten out! You know I love GA as long as they aren't playing Bama and they fact that they are the #4 team in the country and playing their 4th string QB just isn't acceptable for GA because it sure as heck wouldn't be acceptable at Bama. 

Nope, you are wrong. Tua was passing in the second game of the season and went 6/9 for 64 yards, he was in the 3rd game and the 4th game against Vanderbilt where we threw for over 100 yards and went 8/10. He was in throwing the ball in almost every game after that except Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M. Justin Fields had more rushing attempts than passing attempts at GA that year.

I love how you guys love to spread the rumor about Tua leaving if he didn't get into game, there is absolutely no proof of it, and  it doesn't matter anyway because he did get into the game and he won that game!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/17/17367144/alabama-tua-tagovailoa-transfer-usc-national-title-game

Tua said it himself. And it matters because your argument is that because he got to pass some in those blowouts it made him want to stay. That was not the case, unless this link is inaccurate. 

It’s gonna have to be JT or Beck... IF we really want a shot to compete w bama Clemson and Ohio state. Bama and Clemson are too loaded on both sides of the ball to not have a top caliber qb- our run game will likely only get better if defenses are a little more fearful of a full playbook - Bennett limits us tremendously, w the bye we have to make the transposition now. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tua-tagovailoa-says-he-was-really-close-to-transferring-from-alabama/amp/

Read

57 minutes ago, GAbred said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/17/17367144/alabama-tua-tagovailoa-transfer-usc-national-title-game

Tua said it himself. And it matters because your argument is that because he got to pass some in those blowouts it made him want to stay. That was not the case, unless this link is inaccurate. 

He myself said it was taken out of context and that he was talking about the 4th quarter work outs.

Look keep pointing fingers at Saban if it makes you feel better! But the truth is Kirby let Fields slip away. Saban has kept star QBs in house, Hurts stayed after he lost his job to finish his senior year at Bama, Mac Jones sat behind Tua and Hurts waiting for his chance and now look what he is doing.

32 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Again, it was taken out of context.

Why don't you worry about your own coach that is unable to keep QBs at his program! Saban has kept his, Hurts after he lost his starting position, Mac Jones as he sat on the bench for 4 years.

Just stop the obsession with Saban and Bama and what he did and didn't and look at your own program and your own coach.

50 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

He myself said it was taken out of context and that he was talking about the 4th quarter work outs.

Look keep pointing fingers at Saban if it makes you feel better! But the truth is Kirby let Fields slip away. Saban has kept star QBs in house, Hurts stayed after he lost his job to finish his senior year at Bama, Mac Jones sat behind Tua and Hurts waiting for his chance and now look what he is doing.

I'm not blaming Saban. I think Saban is a great coach. This has nothing to do with Saban. This was about your comments regarding Tua. 

I said that Kirby hasn't done a good job managing the quarterbacks. This year isn't over. Maybe Daniels, Mathis or Beck is the guy to make the offense dynamic the rest of the year. 

53 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Why don't you worry about your own coach that is unable to keep QBs at his program! Saban has kept his, Hurts after he lost his starting position, Mac Jones as he sat on the bench for 4 years.

Just stop the obsession with Saban and Bama and what he did and didn't and look at your own program and your own coach.

What was the context then

51 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

WTH. I just went back in the thread and you are the one bringing up Saban, Bama and Tua. Responses are to your comments. You are obsessed with Bama. Your team won. Kudos. This discussion was focused on UGA and it's quarterback discussion until you made it about Bama. 

21 minutes ago, GAbred said:

WTH. I just went back in the thread and you are the one bringing up Saban, Bama and Tua. Responses are to your comments. You are obsessed with Bama. Your team won. Kudos. This discussion was focused on UGA and it's quarterback discussion until you made it about Bama. 

It was a question about GA QB's and I gave my opinion. Then you and the other one decided that I was wrong and started with the whole "oh look Tua was going to leave anyway" comments.

Like it or not, GA has QB issues and has for a few years, all I am saying is that it needs to be cleaned up. It's nobodies fault by the Kirby's he is the HC!

23 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It was a question about GA QB's and I gave my opinion. Then you and the other one decided that I was wrong and started with the whole "oh look Tua was going to leave anyway" comments.

Like it or not, GA has QB issues and has for a few years, all I am saying is that it needs to be cleaned up. It's nobodies fault by the Kirby's he is the HC!

Yeah but you said we have an obsession with Saban when we were just replying to you bringing him up.

20 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Good read. Mac Jones has been the biggest surprise in CFB if you ask me. I figured he would play well, but he is playing as well as anyone in the country. Yeah he's got some stud WRs, but the ball is still being placed perfectly. 

I saw someone say that "he thinks" the Georgia defense is better than the Alabama defense. He thinks...? This isn't even up for debate if you ask me lol. Sure Alabama made some mistakes offensively, but I still think Georgia's defense is much much better. Don't know if anyone is going to come close to the ~600 yard, 41 point performance against that defense again all year. 

The Falcons fan in me wonders what would have happened if we had let Sark run his offense in Atlanta. He is doing some insane things for that Alabama offense. He helped Tua improve, has helped turn Mac Jones into a very good QB, and he also helped get Bryce Young to Alabama (just wait, the kid is going to be a freak). What if we had let him run his offense and didn't make him adjust to Shanny's playbook? Guess we will never know...

I thought Bennett did play well for the most part (better than people are giving him credit for tbh), and they are right about some of the UGA adjustments in the first half. They ran right at the Alabama defense which helped. I think in December, Alabama's defense will be playing better though, so he will likely have to be better next time. I'm not sure JT Daniels is going to be the guy to help elevate that offense though. He's good, but he isn't the transcendent talent. 

All that being said... it's VERY hard to beat the same team twice in a year. See 2017 Georgia/Auburn, 1996 Florida/Florida State as the first two that come to mind. 

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

How is this comment taken out of context?

“I called my dad and asked him if my offer to the University of Southern California was still available,” Tagovailoa said according to Taryn Hatcher of Hawaii News Now. “I wanted to leave. I told my dad I wanted to go to a school where I thought it’d be easier for me and wouldn’t challenge me so much.”