#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread

39 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

You asking about jt daniel?  Bottom line is he is still recovering.  He just got his brace removed.  He is cleared for contact but no way is he able to be mobile yet.. that could change by Kentucky though.

Man I hope so

loved what Bennett has done by stepping up for us when we had no choice but I think we can all agree that he is just too limited to defeat Bama for an entire game. 

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet go

I think we have a real possibility to beat Bama. But if I'm being honest, I don't think I believe we could actually do it until we actually do.

Wrong forum 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Is anyone really mad about this game ? When we lost I was just like ok we will see in December 

Mad? No. Disappointed. We were winning 24-17 right before halftime and then let Bama drive from their 25 yard line to our 34 in less than 20 seconds so they could try a long field goal... which they made. So we went into halftime with a 24-20 lead.

Then we proceeded to not score a single point the rest of the game. We turned the ball over twice more and missed a field goal while Bama scored touchdowns.

Some of us saw that kind of disappointment coming though. Some might even say the Dawgs did better than they expected. We don’t have a legit QB and that’s a big deal. Let alone with going up against a team as overall talented as Bama is and with as good an offense as they have. You’re just not going to stop them and keep it a low scoring game. They have a better receiving corps than some NFL teams.

If we see them again in Atlanta and Bennett is the starting QB then I’m just not going to expect to win that game. I love his story and he’s a DGD through and through, but there’s levels to this game and we need a better QB to win a championship.

I had a great time in Tuscaloosa, so nice to see my kids who ended up with tickets after all.

You guys had all us really nervous during 1st half. But as I read your posts, you are all right, SB is not the QB to take you guys to the next level. Seeing him in person standing next to the other players on the field, you really see how short he is.

I’m happy there were no injuries and I am sure we will meet again in December!

Roll Tide!

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Mad? No. Disappointed. We were winning 24-17 right before halftime and then let Bama drive from their 25 yard line to our 34 in less than 20 seconds so they could try a long field goal... which they made. So we went into halftime with a 24-20 lead.

Then we proceeded to not score a single point the rest of the game. We turned the ball over twice more and missed a field goal while Bama scored touchdowns.

Some of us saw that kind of disappointment coming though. Some might even say the Dawgs did better than they expected. We don’t have a legit QB and that’s a big deal. Let alone with going up against a team as overall talented as Bama is and with as good an offense as they have. You’re just not going to stop them and keep it a low scoring game. They have a better receiving corps than some NFL teams.

If we see them again in Atlanta and Bennett is the starting QB then I’m just not going to expect to win that game. I love his story and he’s a DGD through and through, but there’s levels to this game and we need a better QB to win a championship.

Daniels is better, but I’m not sure he is going to be good enough to elevate UGA to a title level. A 3 star kid came in to USC last year and left no doubt about who’s job it was last year. 

Not to keep beating the dead horse with Fields but (well you see where I’m going). May have to wait until next year with the new kid.

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Just to do both posts in one... there were plays to be made. Even in the second half when I felt Alabama adjusted well, I looked and saw some guys running wide open. 

Alabama’s defense will hopefully get better (at least I hope for my sanity!) but I’m sure y’all’s offense will be a little better with Daniels. He’s better than Bennett, but good enough to possibly have to beat Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State in three straight games? Not sure about that 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Daniels is better, but I’m not sure he is going to be good enough to elevate UGA to a title level. A 3 star kid came in to USC last year and left no doubt about who’s job it was last year. 

Not to keep beating the dead horse with Fields but (well you see where I’m going). May have to wait until next year with the new kid.

Just to do both posts in one... there were plays to be made. Even in the second half when I felt Alabama adjusted well, I looked and saw some guys running wide open. 

Alabama’s defense will hopefully get better (at least I hope for my sanity!) but I’m sure y’all’s offense will be a little better with Daniels. He’s better than Bennett, but good enough to possibly have to beat Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State in three straight games? Not sure about that 

My expectations with Daniels could not be lower. I never expected him to play this season and wasn’t really sure why they pressed for him to be eligible immediately. Although I guess it doesn’t really matter because the NCAA is not counting this season against anyone’s eligibility and expanding scholarship limits for next year. As far as Daniels goes though, anything he does this year is more than I expected. He’s still recovering from his knee injury. And I’ve pointed out numerous times that he wasn’t exactly a world beater at USC anyway.

I think this loss presses a lot of fans into desperation mode because Bama is the team we have to get over that hump with. Florida is another matter and we have to beat them as well, but we’ll have to go through Bama again if we want to win championships. And while our defense largely appeared to be up for the challenge until the offense collapsed, there really wasn’t much to inspire confidence that a rematch would go any differently. Bennett missed wide open outside reads all game long and continues to throw into coverage across the middle. Our premier #1 WR is suddenly a non factor in games while others are getting 10+ targets. Defenses are going to scout that. That’s going to become a real issue.

The thought that really keeps creeping up on me is that a QB who was told in spring that he probably won’t be playing is now our QB1 and is very likely saving this team from an even worse situation at QB.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

My expectations with Daniels could not be lower. I never expected him to play this season and wasn’t really sure why they pressed for him to be eligible immediately. Although I guess it doesn’t really matter because the NCAA is not counting this season against anyone’s eligibility and expanding scholarship limits for next year. As far as Daniels goes though, anything he does this year is more than I expected. He’s still recovering from his knee injury. And I’ve pointed out numerous times that he wasn’t exactly a world beater at USC anyway.

I think this loss presses a lot of fans into desperation mode because Bama is the team we have to get over that hump with. Florida is another matter and we have to beat them as well, but we’ll have to go through Bama again if we want to win championships. And while our defense largely appeared to be up for the challenge until the offense collapsed, there really wasn’t much to inspire confidence that a rematch would go any differently. Bennett missed wide open outside reads all game long and continues to throw into coverage across the middle. Our premier #1 WR is suddenly a non factor in games while others are getting 10+ targets. Defenses are going to scout that. That’s going to become a real issue.

The thought that really keeps creeping up on me is that a QB who was told in spring that he probably won’t be playing is now our QB1 and is very likely saving this team from an even worse situation at QB.

Fortunately I don’t think Florida is beating y’all. Just from watching the two teams, I don’t think they can stop y’all 

42 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Who makes the call on starting qb? Kirby or monken? 

I would guess they make that decision together but ultimately Kirby is the head coach and has the final say on just about everything.

Newman opting out hurt this team. :(  But that’s not saying much. We have recruited QBs exceptionally well, even pulling them away from Bama and Florida and Ohio State... we just haven’t managed it worth a **** after they’re on campus. Three 5 star QBs signed in the last 5 years and the only one on the roster is a transfer from California coming off a major knee injury. Two are on NFL rosters and the 3rd is a Heisman favorite at another school. I don’t know how we managed to screw up the QB depth so badly but that’s on Kirby for sure.

Mathis and Beck are great prospects but both are essentially first year players. It’s not an ideal situation at all.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I would guess they make that decision together but ultimately Kirby is the head coach and has the final say on just about everything.

Newman opting out hurt this team. :(  But that’s not saying much. We have recruited QBs exceptionally well, even pulling them away from Bama and Florida and Ohio State... we just haven’t managed it worth a **** after they’re on campus. Three 5 star QBs signed in the last 5 years and the only one on the roster is a transfer from California coming off a major knee injury. Two are on NFL rosters and the 3rd is a Heisman favorite at another school. I don’t know how we managed to screw up the QB depth so badly but that’s on Kirby for sure.

Mathis and Beck are great prospects but both are essentially first year players. It’s not an ideal situation at all.

Unfortunately, this is truth. If JT isn’t healthy enough to step in yet then we’ll have to stick it out with Stet. 

That is assuming that JT is better than Stet at this point too

4 hours ago, joefalco said:

Proud of this team. I know we didn’t look good against bama but better days are ahead. 

Mac Jones has to heisman front runner at this point. Man, he looked good. 

The thing that boggles my mind is..... are we recruiting inferior QB’s..... cause Bama is always loaded. Or, are we just really crappy at developing our QB’s? 

2 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

The thing that boggles my mind is..... are we recruiting inferior QB’s..... cause Bama is always loaded. Or, are we just really crappy at developing our QB’s? 

Poor job managing. Eason, Fromm, Fields were all at Georgia. Team didn't get the most out of that trio. That is the biggest failure by Kirby.  Then this year one transfer fell through and the other has medical issues he's just getting over. Remaining guys are fairly new. Bennett seems to be well coached all things considered. Experience is lacking right now from the unit. 

I'd love to see the others get a shot. Were they just completely wrong on Mathis? Will Daniels be ready this season? Beck? 

It's a shame though, because the defense is Championship caliber. 

Edited by GAbred
Spelling
2 hours ago, sdogg said:

I'm going with the poor job of developing them  

Agreed. Where were the 4-5 stars sitting on bench waiting for Fromm to move on?

Sure, there was Fields, but whatever the reason Kirby didn’t use him wisely. Now, don’t get mad at me, but any mop up duty he got it was just hand offs.

Saban let Tua come in and throw the ball around, even when we had a big lead. That is why he was ready during the last game of the season. 
Behind Hurts there was Tua and Mac Jones.