#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread

Carter

10 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I want to see more mckintosh than Zeus and Milton as much or more than Zeus . Zone read w Bennett pulling it a few times - someone posted earlier about soft coverage so we don’t get Burnt deep- if we do that it’s still the same outcome just slower. I disagree with that plan

The idea is to force them to execute 8-10 times or more on a drive to score instead of letting them score on one mistake or blown coverage. If you’d rather gamble all game and give up scores quickly then okay. I don’t trust our secondary against their receivers. 

3 hours ago, putnam6 said:

I guess you are taking the 5 strike that 6 points then.

If Georgia plays like they did the first half in Arkansas they will get smoked, if they play like they did the first half against Tennessee they will get smoked. Auburn was the only complete game they have played and that was Auburn and they aren't all that good. Bama will be the best team Georgia faces all year, it will be a huge test for the OL and Stetson along with the running game. Like I said they will have to play pretty much perfect the whole game, can't have a half of a game against Bama in Tuscaloosa and expect to win. Georgia's defense gives them a puncher's chance for the upset and they call it an upset for a reason. 

At the same time, if Bama’s D plays like they did against ole miss they will get smoked.  If Georgia’s D holds the run the way they have then Bama will get smoked according to that same logic.  Don’t get me wrong, if the game is played 100 times bama most likely wins 60-65 times out of 100.  But not 85 times out of 100 which a 1/7 chance implies which was what I was replying to...

8 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

At the same time, if Bama’s D plays like they did against ole miss they will get smoked.  If Georgia’s D holds the run the way they have then Bama will get smoked according to that same logic.  Don’t get me wrong, if the game is played 100 times bama most likely wins 60-65 times out of 100.  But not 85 times out of 100 which a 1/7 chance implies which was what I was replying to...

No worries, first of all I'm just discussing this game not arguing or spoiling for a fight LOL, I'm a huge Bulldog fan and **** sure want then to win ,**** I want them to destroy Bama. Bennett has started 2 games, 4 weeks ago he wasn't getting first team snaps, he was 4th in line. For him now to go into Tuscaloosa and hang tough would be an accomplishment, to win it out right well it would be legendary in Athens. 4th string and not too long ago the OC Monken says" We don't see you as starter material" to being a huge key to a potential Bulldog upset. I mean **** if he upsets the Tide, he can play with anybody this league can throw at him.  

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

No worries, first of all I'm just discussing this game not arguing or spoiling for a fight LOL, I'm a huge Bulldog fan and **** sure want then to win ,**** I want them to destroy Bama. Bennett has started 2 games, 4 weeks ago he wasn't getting first team snaps, he was 4th in line. For him now to go into Tuscaloosa and hang tough would be an accomplishment, to win it out right well it would be legendary in Athens. 4th string and not too long ago the OC Monken says" We don't see you as starter material" to being a huge key to a potential Bulldog upset. I mean **** if he upsets the Tide, he can play with anybody this league can throw at him.  

Totally understand and agree with what you say.  It would be absolutely legendary if the MailMan can deliver another one Tuscaloosa.  

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.  

LFG!

38 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Totally understand and agree with what you say.  It would be absolutely legendary if the MailMan can deliver another one Tuscaloosa.  

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.  

LFG!

AIn't gonna lie was thinking of the mailman's code on my last post and couldn't remember it all. 

3 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

The idea is to force them to execute 8-10 times or more on a drive to score instead of letting them score on one mistake or blown coverage. If you’d rather gamble all game and give up scores quickly then okay. I don’t trust our secondary against their receivers. 

I get what your saying but if we do that we won’t be able to stop them anyway- they scored 63 on miss and they were doing that very thing. Just saying if we gonna be a championship team we kinda gotta have an elite secondary too- Clemson will be the same, as will OSU... but your right drive is longer maybe we sack fumble here and there just not the way I’d like to see em do it. Just want Bennett to keep proving everyone wrong also. Have such a hard time believing we could beat fields or Laurence w Bennett but he’s playing great 

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I get what your saying but if we do that we won’t be able to stop them anyway- they scored 63 on miss and they were doing that very thing. Just saying if we gonna be a championship team we kinda gotta have an elite secondary too- Clemson will be the same, as will OSU... but your right drive is longer maybe we sack fumble here and there just not the way I’d like to see em do it. Just want Bennett to keep proving everyone wrong also. Have such a hard time believing we could beat fields or Laurence w Bennett but he’s playing great 

In all due respect, we aren’t Ole Miss’ defense. I’m not going to say that we will go into Alabama and shut them out but they won’t be able to just score at will or at least shouldn’t. The key will be us as an offense having long drives and get TDs but it also keeps our defense fresh. 

6 hours ago, putnam6 said:

I just think Bama has less question marks than Georgia. Would I love a Georgia win of course LOL. Mac Jones does have a great deep ball and has plenty of targets, and Harris is as good of a back in the nation. Bennett has played great and really like the guy, but this is the best defense he has ever faced, and Georgia's running game isn't clicking on all cylinders yet. 

But I guess I'm old school and remember Vince would before a game make Georgia sound like crap and make Vandy or whomever they were facing seem like, well Alabama . Would have preferred this game later in the year.

Putnam I don't see us having more questions marks than bama.  Both teams are similar with question marks, but on different areas of the team.  On offense we have a good offense that can move the ball and can score points.  Alabama has a terrific offense and could be the best in the country.  UGA has the best defense in the nation while Alabama's defense has a ton of issues.  They aren't close to being a good defense right now.  Any defense that has caused just 3 (3 and outs) in 34 drives which is the worst in the entire nation has a lot of issues.  That isn't fixable in one week and UGA's offense is getting more and more confidence each week and showing improvement.  The one thing I love ,even though our offense is a better match for bama defense (meaning it's easier for them to defend), is our offense is a very physical offense.  The one thing we did with the vol's is wear them down because of TOP.  Even though we were down in the 1st half we dominated top 20 to 10 and that constant hammering has an effect.  Bama has a ton of talent, but they are not a good defense right now.  Our offense is capable of moving them off the LOS and our rbs will be able to run for some nice yards.  

Now I still think we lose the game, but I only think that because i think we give up a few big plays that will be the difference in the game and I think their defense will show improvement because unfortunately they match up better with us than an Ole Miss.  I think it's like a 38 to 24 win for Alabama.  I just want to believe we can beat them with Stetson, but I just can't see that happening..  I hope I am wrong.  I just love Stetson, his story is a freaking movie. 

6 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I want to see more mckintosh than Zeus and Milton as much or more than Zeus . Zone read w Bennett pulling it a few times - someone posted earlier about soft coverage so we don’t get Burnt deep- if we do that it’s still the same outcome just slower. I disagree with that plan

I’d like to see a heavy dose of those 3 backs.  Zeus is a battering ram that helps wear down the defense so KMac and Milton can get bigger gains in the 2nd half. Agree about Bennett as well.

I'm concerned about this game for sure. Alabama's defense has some how gotten worse each week, grant it the competition has also gotten better and better each week. Ole Miss has a better offense than Georgia (Corral is the real deal), so I think that OM performance is probably the worst Alabama will do this year. I expect Alabama's defense will play better than they did last week. I don't think 48 points and nearly 700 yards is going to happen again this week. 

Alabama also likely has the best offense in the country. Great OL, great RB, great WRs, and one of the top QBs in the nations. I don't see Georgia completely stopping that offense. They won't put up 50+, but I could a 30 point performance. Sark is a very good OC and will have the offense ready. 

If you forced me to make a pick right now, I would probably lean Georgia tbh. The Alabama offense is on a roll, but there are too many questions on the Alabama defense right now. They have a lot of work to do.

The good news for whoever loses though, is that I still think if Alabama and Georgia are both sitting at 10-1 at the end of the year (assuming the split this week and the SECCG), I don't see how both don't get in. 10-1 SEC runner up>8-0 Pac 12 champ or 2 loss Big 12 champ. 

18 hours ago, putnam6 said:

I'm a little nervous every game Georgia plays, too many years of having a game jump up and bite them on the *** every season. When's the last time Bama lost to South Cackalac at home? 

I can't remember losing to them at home. We lost to them in SC when Clowney was there, that was the last and only time I remember losing to them.

I heard Bama sports talk talking about the fact that Bama scores too quickly and doesn't give defense time to rest. That kind of makes sense, especially playing a team like we need last week against Ole Miss who was playing REALLY fast, snapping the ball with 29-30 seconds left on the play clock.

We need to find a way to have some long drives,  5-6 minute drives instead to 1-2 minute drives. The problem is that is going to be difficult against GA, I just don't see us doing that against that defense.

3 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I heard Bama sports talk talking about the fact that Bama scores too quickly and doesn't give defense time to rest. That kind of makes sense, especially playing a team like we need last week against Ole Miss who was playing REALLY fast, snapping the ball with 29-30 seconds left on the play clock.

We need to find a way to have some long drives,  5-6 minute drives instead to 1-2 minute drives. The problem is that is going to be difficult against GA, I just don't see us doing that against that defense.

I think this game will be like the last 2 games with the score being in the 32-28 kind of range.   I know the Dawgs don't want to get into a shooting match with Bama as I don't think our offense is good enough to do that, but I also don't think the Bama offense gets quick scores against the UGA defense either.   It's gonna be a good one and more than likely Round 1 of 2 or possible 3 rounds between them. 

18 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Putnam I don't see us having more questions marks than bama.  Both teams are similar with question marks, but on different areas of the team.  On offense we have a good offense that can move the ball and can score points.  Alabama has a terrific offense and could be the best in the country.  UGA has the best defense in the nation while Alabama's defense has a ton of issues.  They aren't close to being a good defense right now.  Any defense that has caused just 3 (3 and outs) in 34 drives which is the worst in the entire nation has a lot of issues.  That isn't fixable in one week and UGA's offense is getting more and more confidence each week and showing improvement.  The one thing I love ,even though our offense is a better match for bama defense (meaning it's easier for them to defend), is our offense is a very physical offense.  The one thing we did with the vol's is wear them down because of TOP.  Even though we were down in the 1st half we dominated top 20 to 10 and that constant hammering has an effect.  Bama has a ton of talent, but they are not a good defense right now.  Our offense is capable of moving them off the LOS and our rbs will be able to run for some nice yards.  

Now I still think we lose the game, but I only think that because i think we give up a few big plays that will be the difference in the game and I think their defense will show improvement because unfortunately they match up better with us than an Ole Miss.  I think it's like a 38 to 24 win for Alabama.  I just want to believe we can beat them with Stetson, but I just can't see that happening..  I hope I am wrong.  I just love Stetson, his story is a freaking movie. 

I hear ya, in the end all that matters this week at least is getting a "W'. Georgia used to have a habit of leaning on it's talent and depth against virtual all of their opponents. That doesn't work against Bama, but I'm am as geeked up for a Georgia game on a Wednesday as I ever get. Dawgs have got a shot ,again puncher's chance that's more than most teams have against them.

When's the last time they have been a 6 point underdog? I honestly can't remember.