#3 Georgia vs #2 Alabama Thread

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda like us losing our starting QB three weeks before the season. Had to go with our most experienced guy, who was never projected to get any playing time. If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Stet go

I think we have a real possibility to beat Bama. But if I'm being honest, I don't think I believe we could actually do it until we actually do.

Wrong forum 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

This.

People see 5 stars and assume that because he is cleared medically that he is 100%. 

I don’t think a QB that Monken told a couple months ago that he wasn’t starter material changed their mind with his performances the last few weeks. My assumption is that the other options aren’t ready or haven’t been able to take the job.  

Daniels tore his ACL 13 months ago.  The average recovery time is 6-9 months.  If he isn’t healthy yet, then he had a setback at some point that we don’t know about

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Daniels tore his ACL 13 months ago.  The average recovery time is 6-9 months.  If he isn’t healthy yet, then he had a setback at some point that we don’t know about

He had to go back in and get some things cleaned up from the original surgery at the end of the year last year. Just a guess, but I’d assume COVID affected some of his rehab too. 

1 hour ago, mike teevee said:

When did he put Tua in? The last game of the year?

Does it matter? He gave Tua the nod after UGA had shut down Hurts it was in the 2nd half. The dude barely played all year but he came in and dropped a bomb on the UGA secondary and Bamma won the chip! Do you also need me to bring up the highlight and show it too you? The point is Saban pulled the trigger and Kirby would not. Never know we may have beaten LSU 2 years ago before Fields transfer had Kirby pulled the trigger then on a struggling Fromm!

3 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Does it matter? He gave Tua the nod after UGA had shut down Hurts it was in the 2nd half. The dude barely played all year but he came in and dropped a bomb on the UGA secondary and Bamma won the chip! Do you also need me to bring up the highlight and show it too you? The point is Saban pulled the trigger and Kirby would not. Never know we may have beaten LSU 2 years ago before Fields transfer had Kirby pulled the trigger then on a struggling Fromm!

Didn’t Kirby make a change in game 1 this year? 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Average recovery time 6-9 month? Okay doctor. Most athletes, it takes a season it happen and part of the next season. It's not like it's an ACL Pill that you take, and your knee is brand new.

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Kirby is running out of excuses. There is no excuse to keep choking vs the top teams. You can't keep loading up with 5 * and having all these top 3 classes and then get whipped like this. No more excuses Kirby. 

The reality is that he's only losing to Saban. We knew we had a problem week one, but we used Bennett as a band-aid. Obviously, no tape has been watched, or we could have beat Alabama.

Great time to lose. Bye week ahead gives time to improve and tweek a few things. Disappointing loss. But this has been a two quarter team all year. They have to put together a full game. 

I like Monken. Players had their chances to make plays and didn't make enough. I hope this week is an open competition at QB. The moment was to big for Bennett or the opponent was to good. I actually wish they ran the ball more last night as it was working. Shorten the game and maybe remove the turnovers. 

Defense didn't make enough plays. It's a good but not great unit. Not enough pressure up front and losing to many one on one battles in secondary. I wish Adam Anderson got more run. He is the best pass rusher imo. I don't recall seeing him last night. 

This team isn't good enough to win it all. Offense can't score enough and defense isn't great enough. Clemson, Bama and likely Ohio St are just better. The most glaring spot they are better is QB.

After a good sleep, my biggest surprise is how much our secondary was abused. I really thought we could limit those big plays more than we did. On some our DBs looked overmatched, which is surprising because talent isn't the issue. At QB, I understand. Bennett is playing at or above his perceived ceiling. He cannot win a championship against an elite team without a great run game and good to great defense. And our defense, to me, was a disappointing.

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Some folks are being a bit hard on Stetson Bennett. He was never supposed to be the guy and in my estimation he has stood taller than his attributes. 

I agree.... for a 4th string QB, he is awesome, heck even a 2nd string. But he reminded me of a Jake Fromm 2.0 last night. And I mean the regressed version if JF. 

9 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I agree.... for a 4th string QB, he is awesome, heck even a 2nd string. But he reminded me of a Jake Fromm 2.0 last night. And I mean the regressed version if JF. 

That’s how it goes against a good team. Think about it. The pandemic however you think it’s real seriously harmed teams of workouts, practices, production. The transfer guy who was supposed to be the golden boy bows out because he couldn’t compete against what UGA already had. Top that off the starter early in the season and I don’t even remember his name was a deer in headlights against marginal defense. That gets you Stetson Bennett who in my estimation played above his “pay grade”. This is a Kirby issue, but don’t worry. He’s still learning his task and will resolve the issue. UGA will be there in the discussion in the end. Every year. That defense is the best in the country. In spite of the score. Make no mistake. They are. 

17 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Is anyone really mad about this game ? When we lost I was just like ok we will see in December 

I agree. Bama is a good team. Their offense is legit. Sark called a good game for them (would have loved to see him run this offense for the Falcons, but Quinn messed that up).

UGA has to figure out the QB situation. Plain and simple. The look on Kirby's face after the game was like "we'll learn from this and see ya in December".

13 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

You are plugged in more than anyone....why the fuxk is a 5* sitting the bench?

You asking about jt daniel?  Bottom line is he is still recovering.  He just got his brace removed.  He is cleared for contact but no way is he able to be mobile yet.. that could change by Kentucky though.