2020-21 MLB Off-Season Thread

Nationals coaching staff getting a shake up. Hitting coach Kevin Long is leaving as is 3rd base coach Chip Hale and pitching coach Paul Menhart. Kevin Long is considered one of the best hitting coaches in baseball from his time with the Yankees from 2007-2014 and Mets 2015-2017. He's been the Nats hitting coach since 2018.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marlins hire Kim Ng as GM. She's the first female GM of any pro men's sport. Ng has been in MLB for 30 years as a member of the White Sox, Dodgers and Yankees FO's. She does have 3 World Series rings

I'm all for chaining Mookie to the ground next time we play.

I gotta disagree.  I hope she does terrible.  Not because she is the first female GM. Because she is a Marlin. My hatred for them has grown quite a bit the past few years.  

Posted Images

White Sox fired Rick Renteria. Hes now been fired by both the Cubs and White Sox. He got fired by the Cubs after 1 year because they wanted to hire Joe Maddon. He went 236-309 as Sox manager. They were reportedly unhappy with his bullpen decisions this year and in Game 3 of the WC. AJ Hinch is the early favorite.

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

New reports say the White Sox plan to call Tony La Russa. If he's interested in managing again he'll be the guy.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. They say history repeats its self and this would be the same thing. La Russa's first managerial job was with the White Sox from 1979-1986. He was fired in the middle of the 1986 season and then less than 3 weeks later was hired by the A's during the season.

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Built some great teams in Oakland. Just never could get over the hump. A's will feel that loss. Id go get someone from Tampa's FO.

Surprising that the Rays are still as good as they are with all the front office people they've lost the last few years. They've lost so many guys and some how keep on winning.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Jeter fired Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill. 

Wow......How does this make any sense? Marlins just had their best season since 2003 and won their WC series after everything they went through? This makes no sense.

Edited by AUTiger7222
3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Boston has met with Cubs coach Will Venable about their managerial job. They plan to meet with the Dodgers George Lombard when they can. Tigers Don Kelly also on the list. Early favorite is still believed to be old pal Alex Cora.

I was so glad went Will Venable left the Padres. Dude couldn't hit a lick but the Braves showed up and dude turned into Tony Gwynn. Good to see George Lombard getting some managerial interviews. Lombard is a former Brave.