Week 6 CFB Thread

Carter

We actually have a pretty good Saturday of college ball matchups this week.

#4 Florida vs #21 Texas A&M
#19 Virginia Tech vs #8 North Carolina
Mizzou vs #17 LSU
#22 Texas vs UNRANKED Oklahoma
#14 Tennessee vs #3 Georgia
Texas Tech vs #24 Iowa State
Pitt vs Boston College
Kansas State vs TCU
Arkansas vs #13 Auburn
Mississippi State vs Kentucky
#7 Miami vs #1 Clemson
#2 Alabama vs Ole Miss
Florida State vs #5 Notre Dame

FSU is more than likely going to get blown out by Notre Dame, but I guess we'll see. Crazy to see Oklahoma unranked but they earned it.

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

Virginia Tech-UNC game has been nuts! @VTCrunkler 

Oklahoma is crushing Texas now, but A&M has turned the tide on Florida. Gators have mostly played like trash in the 2nd half.

See. Falcons and Hokies defense very very similar. Hokies have like 20 guys out tho.  I doubt Carolina is reporting their Covid cases.  They are good tho. 

1 hour ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

I'm not even sure why they keep holding ACC Championships, seems cruel to the opposing team Clemson will beat

It is pretty wild how much better they are than everyone else in that conference. They've been caught slipping before but they are really just on a whole different level.

I had questions about their offensive line because that is one area where their recruiting has been abysmal, at least from the recruiting rankings perspective, but it doesn't seem to be any issue.

There will be questions about how they match up against the top tier teams, but all they have done is look like they belong at that level for basically a decade now.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:38 PM, HotLantaFalcon said:

I'm not even sure why they keep holding ACC Championships, seems cruel to the opposing team Clemson will beat

used to be that way with Fsu in the 90s.  they didnt have the championship game back then, but fsu kept winning the acc for years.

On 10/11/2020 at 12:59 AM, Carter said:

It is pretty wild how much better they are than everyone else in that conference. They've been caught slipping before but they are really just on a whole different level.

I had questions about their offensive line because that is one area where their recruiting has been abysmal, at least from the recruiting rankings perspective, but it doesn't seem to be any issue.

There will be questions about how they match up against the top tier teams, but all they have done is look like they belong at that level for basically a decade now.

im actually surprised there isnt more vocal Clemson fans on here.  Clemson used to be a middling acc team in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Consistent 8-4 or 7-5s is what i recall.  But the constant was they always had a great fan base.  The fans were fed up and they put their money where its was needed and the rest is history.  

15 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

im actually surprised there isnt more vocal Clemson fans on here.  Clemson used to be a middling acc team in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Consistent 8-4 or 7-5s is what i recall.  But the constant was they always had a great fan base.  The fans were fed up and they put their money where its was needed and the rest is history.  

yeah we have just 1 clemson fan i can think of.. he disappeared after kevin steele's defensve gave up a million points in a bowl game.. also he was a falcon fan and changed to the panthers and i think he left for their board. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

yeah we have just 1 clemson fan i can think of.. he disappeared after kevin steele's defensve gave up a million points in a bowl game.. also he was a falcon fan and changed to the panthers and i think he left for their board. 

We got unwritten history here man. We should all write a book to document it.