Jump to content

Ryan Is Only “Great” QB Who Blows Multiple Huge Leads


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve seen a few threads claiming Ryan, not Quinn, is the common denominator in the Falcons collapses.  Cause great QB’s don’t blow twenty point leads, right?  Let’s take a second and find out if that’s true.  
 

Below are the Colts largest blown leads.   I count 3 blown 20 point leads by Manning and 9 blown 2 TD leads in just his Indy days.  And he had much better defense and coaching supporting him.  Is Manning not an all time great QB?  Between Indy & Denver, Manning blew five 20 point leads...his most recent a 24-0 lead in the 3rd quarter with Denver.  Guess he was the problem?
 

Great QB’s build lots of big leads.  That’s the common denominator @TDWII

 

4i05y0.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who would claim a QB is responsible for blown leads doesn't know football. 

It's almost a given that the QB got the team the lead to begin with. 

Then you have the worst defense in all of football getting dominated and scored on at will. 

Finally, the offense isn't even getting the ball back because teams get more onside kick recoveries vs. the Falcons than they should be.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matt Ryan should be executed at dawn tomorrow morning. (Very deep purple)

In all seriousness, I do not in any way truly believe that he should be executed. He may have shortcomings to his game but he is by far the best QB we have ever had and we will probably realize that even more when we have to replace him when he is gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Ryan Is Only “Great” QB Who Blows Multiple Huge Leads
1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Anyone who would claim a QB is responsible for blown leads doesn't know football. 

It's almost a given that the QB got the team the lead to begin with. 

Then you have the worst defense in all of football getting dominated and scored on at will. 

Finally, the offense isn't even getting the ball back because teams get more onside kick recoveries vs. the Falcons than they should be.  

What ?? 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think it's about blown leads nor do I think it's about Ryan right now.

We are 0-4......zero god dam wins. Let's say that holds up, and we go 2-14 and get the #1 overall draft pick. 

Are you really gonna pass on Trevor Lawrence? Cause I'm not, and I firmly believe that would be the biggest mistake in franchise history. 

We aren't blaming Ryan....but right now we have a shot at Lawrence. Until that changes, there is no debate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree, is not the same Ryan, could be the sistem, lack of luck, bad  day, bad defense, you name iT.    BUT SINCE THE SUPERBOWKL AND HGIS BIG CONTRACT, MATT IS NOT THE SAME,.   OVERTROWING WIDE OPEN RECIBERS, OR DONT SEE THEM OPEN, WEN THE TEAM AND THE DEFENSE NEED A GOOF DRIVE, HE GONE 123 AN PUNT.   IS PAINFULL TO WATCH

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Anyone who would claim a QB is responsible for blown leads doesn't know football. 

It's almost a given that the QB got the team the lead to begin with. 

Then you have the worst defense in all of football getting dominated and scored on at will. 

Finally, the offense isn't even getting the ball back because teams get more onside kick recoveries vs. the Falcons than they should be.  

but but but.....you know a QB can lead a team to 39 points, but it's still HIS fault when they lose 40-39. I mean you know that, right??????????

 

 

that's the point that maroon made in that thread, and I've blocked him so I never have to see his silliness again. well, until one of you other maroons copy and paste him...

 

:lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Falcons Fan Since 1978 said:

Agree, is not the same Ryan, could be the sistem, lack of luck, bad  day, bad defense, you name iT.    BUT SINCE THE SUPERBOWKL AND HGIS BIG CONTRACT, MATT IS NOT THE SAME,.   OVERTROWING WIDE OPEN RECIBERS, OR DONT SEE THEM OPEN, WEN THE TEAM AND THE DEFENSE NEED A GOOF DRIVE, HE GONE 123 AN PUNT.   IS PAINFULL TO WATCH

 

if not for fear of being banned, I'd call this what it is.

 

that is, IF I could figure out exactly WHAT it is

 

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I dont think it's about blown leads nor do I think it's about Ryan right now.

We are 0-4......zero god dam wins. Let's say that holds up, and we go 2-14 and get the #1 overall draft pick. 

Are you really gonna pass on Trevor Lawrence? Cause I'm not, and I firmly believe that would be the biggest mistake in franchise history. 

We aren't blaming Ryan....but right now we have a shot at Lawrence. Until that changes, there is no debate. 

This is right on point. We can't keep saying that we will get better next year. When Ryan and Smitty got here, the culture changed. We finally had back to back winning seasons. Then, we went on a streak without a losing season. Two bad losing seasons ended Smitty's Career here, where he had a lack of personnel and too many key injuries. So it's nothing personal against Ryan, we just can't keep losing and returning to the same well built team offensively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve seen a few threads claiming Ryan, not Quinn, is the common denominator in the Falcons collapses.  Cause great QB’s don’t blow twenty point leads, right?  Let’s take a second and find out if that’s true.  
 

Below are the Colts largest blown leads.   I count 3 blown 20 point leads by Manning and 9 blown 2 TD leads in just his Indy days.  And he had much better defense and coaching supporting him.  Is Manning not an all time great QB?  
 

Great QB’s build lots of big leads.  That’s the common denominator @TDWII

 

4i05y0.jpg

Man dont even bother. The same people are going to blame Ryan regardless. They have a agenda against the man and its sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Anyone who would claim a QB is responsible for blown leads doesn't know football. 

It's almost a given that the QB got the team the lead to begin with. 

Then you have the worst defense in all of football getting dominated and scored on at will. 

Finally, the offense isn't even getting the ball back because teams get more onside kick recoveries vs. the Falcons than they should be.  

and when they do get it back its 3 and out so yes the offense cant just pack it in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Saying it's Ryan's fault the team blows leads is like saying the team loses because the defense doesn't score enough points. 

 , if the defense is failing then its up to him and the offense to win games. They did exact same thing in 2016. So thats not an excuse anymore 

Dallas Game multiple stalled drives that allowed Dallas too catch up ?? The offense did almost nothing in the 2nd half. Only managed about 10 points. Defense sucked but Falcons had to have longer scoring drives. 

Bears Game , exact same thing happened but had a chance to win it at the end. Had more than a minute left and Ryan is rushing  it and throwing into double coverage, pass gets intercepted 

Packers game was just awful for Falcons offense. Everybody was terrible

To say Ryan has no fault is wrong. He is partially to blame along with the rest of the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...